“wonderful stay, great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Baltimore, Maryland
“wonderful stay, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

i stay here two nights and the stay was perfect .. rooms was very clean and well appointed.. the bed was like sleeping on a cloud.. paul and edin was wonderful and efficient.. i defenitely come back again..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and liked your guest room and comfortable bed. We will be adding new bedding and linens to all guest rooms this summer. I will also forward your nice comments regarding our front office team to our management staff.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Easy Check-In, Check-Out, Clean Bathrooms, my room had close proximity to elevators. The elevators are locked unless you have a card key after 9PM, which I loved for safety reasons. The rear parking deck has direct access to the lobby from the rear entrance even if parking is limited. Beds were comfy, only one drawback when I pulled teh comforter back on one of the beds it had stains which were pretty obvious since it was white background as though someone had spilled juice. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are pleased that your checkin/ checkout was convenient and that you enjoyed your guestroom and bed. We continue to make improvements and will have new bedding and linens in all guest rooms this June.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to hosting you again.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Perfect hotel for proximity to Dulles Airport which is good value - ideal for flying visits (pun intended). Won't win any design or interior decoration awards but all perfectly clean, maintained and well run with helpful staff

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for your nice feedback from your recent stay. We are glad that you found our hotel a good value and liked our location just two miles from Dulles Airport. We focus on maintaining high standards of cleanliness and maintenance, and are especially pleased when customers let us know that our staff has been very helpful.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza, and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

my husband and i love this hotel,the room are fabulous and very clean and the tv is great. we also enjoy the breakfast buffet .the food was delicious, and the buffet contained everything you can imagine you would want to eat for breakfast.they have great staff and the check in are very quick and efficent . Edin always have a smile on his face and is ready for anything that comes his way. he also is able to answer any question about where to go for entertainment.he make our stay wonderful. i truly recomended this hotel to anyone who planning a trip..thank you for a very enojayable service.,
sincerely,
JC

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you had such an enjoyable stay and were so pleased with your room as well as our Houlihan's breakfast buffet. I would like to suggest during your next stay that you visit Houlihan's for lunch, dinner or one of our daily happy hour specials.
I am especially glad to hear that our front desk agent provided you with excellent service and will forward your nice comments to our management staff.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to Herndon.

Dexter, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Large hulking hotel with the ambience of a stripped down government building. The rooms were adequate but the standard blandness of the DC suburbs prevailed. The rooms were large. The staff indifferent. The workout facility small stuffy with mediocre equipment, surely an after thought.
The conference level food was typical mediocre fare.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us your feedback regarding your recent stay. Our goal is to exceed each guest's expectations, so I’m sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations and will forward your comments to our management team. For our guests who want a more extensive workout, we do have a discounted daily rate available with the health club across the street.
We hope that you will consider staying with us again during your next trip to the Herndon area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Front Desk personnel Mike and Deysi were very courteous and polite. They were able to accommodate any special requests to the best of their ability. The rooms are always clean, well maintained, and nicely furnished.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom, and are especially happy when our staff provides great customer service. I will pass along your nice comments regarding our front desk agents to our management team.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Well I finally got a bad hotel to review. Got there and notice they didn't give me my complimentary drink coupon for being a priority club member. They say they don't do that. I told them the Crowne Plaza in Austin always gives me a drink voucher for staying as a priority club member. They say that's there business and they don't have to do it and all they would do was give me a 10% off coupon to their restaurant. What nerve. The 18 year-olds that run their check-in have no customer service skills. Anyone with reasonable customer service skills would have given me the voucher (1 drink a free beer). I learned after that, that Crowne Plazas are franchises and apparently this Crowne Plaza is owned by someone who doesn't supervise his staff or he teaches them to exhibit horrible customer service. That was the first strike. Get in the room and inspect it. The bottom of the bathroom door was severely worn away and there were brown stains at the bottom of the bath tub. I suppose they are feces or blood stains that have dried there over a long time. It's room 3363. The front desk didn't bother to call me to see if the room was good, unlike at the other Crowne Plazas I have stayed at which have always called me 30 minutes after I check-in. The Breakfast Buffet was not that good. They had no omelet making station, no waffles, no biscuits and gravy. Poor selection of out of season fruit, cantaloupe and honey dew. When I first came in I ordered the turkey wrap for lunch at their restaurant it was horrible. Also the ice machine on my floor was broke. When I first went to it I thought it was out so I went to use the machine upstairs. I then tried it the next day and it still didn't work. I went upstairs again. I finally told a maintenance man that was wondering around about it. He said he would fix it. I didn't appreciate it when i got back to my room Friday night at 7:00 PM there was a big wagon of cleaning supplies the staff uses right next to my room. At 7:00 PM they should be finished. Did the hotel have any redeeming qualities? Yes, comfy bed, many channels on the TV, and I appreciated the shuttle to and from the airport. Nonetheless, the terrible customer service at the front desk, lackluster breakfast buffet, and scary bathroom definitely outweigh its good points. I don't think they want people like me staying there. They seem to cater to the giant buses of people from across the country who go to DC. Those sorts of tourists were everywhere. Definitely not for business travelers.

Room Tip: Maybe the 6th or 7th Floor Club Level rooms are decent, I don't know. Don't stay in the reg...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for leaving your feedback. We're sorry you received service which did not meet your expectations and we will review your comments with our management team. Our hotel provides a 10% restaurant coupon for all our level one priority club guests, and we also offer a Meet the Manager reception every Wednesday which features complimentary beverages and appetizers for all hotel guests.
I have forwarded your comments regarding your room as well as the ice machine to our maintenance department so they can address these issues. We are currently addressing the rust issue that you noted with your bathtub and are currently in the process of replacing all bathtubs that have this issue. Our restaurant's breakfast buffet selection does vary daily. While we do not have an omelet station, we do offer an a la carte menu available with additional choices including omelets and eggs benedict for your selection.
We are glad that you enjoyed your bed and as part of our continuing hotel upgrades, we will have new bed linens and bedding in all guestrooms arriving in June. While we host tours from around the nation during the busy Cherry Blossum season, we always value and welcome our business travelers year round.
We hope you will consider staying with us again and providing us with the chance to exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss your stay any further, please contact me anytime at sharon.cummiskey@cwhotels.com.

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!