“Great Customer Service, Great Value, Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Great Customer Service, Great Value, Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Front Desk personnel Mike and Deysi were very courteous and polite. They were able to accommodate any special requests to the best of their ability. The rooms are always clean, well maintained, and nicely furnished.

• Stayed April 2013
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom, and are especially happy when our staff provides great customer service. I will pass along your nice comments regarding our front desk agents to our management team.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Well I finally got a bad hotel to review. Got there and notice they didn't give me my complimentary drink coupon for being a priority club member. They say they don't do that. I told them the Crowne Plaza in Austin always gives me a drink voucher for staying as a priority club member. They say that's there business and they don't have to do it and all they would do was give me a 10% off coupon to their restaurant. What nerve. The 18 year-olds that run their check-in have no customer service skills. Anyone with reasonable customer service skills would have given me the voucher (1 drink a free beer). I learned after that, that Crowne Plazas are franchises and apparently this Crowne Plaza is owned by someone who doesn't supervise his staff or he teaches them to exhibit horrible customer service. That was the first strike. Get in the room and inspect it. The bottom of the bathroom door was severely worn away and there were brown stains at the bottom of the bath tub. I suppose they are feces or blood stains that have dried there over a long time. It's room 3363. The front desk didn't bother to call me to see if the room was good, unlike at the other Crowne Plazas I have stayed at which have always called me 30 minutes after I check-in. The Breakfast Buffet was not that good. They had no omelet making station, no waffles, no biscuits and gravy. Poor selection of out of season fruit, cantaloupe and honey dew. When I first came in I ordered the turkey wrap for lunch at their restaurant it was horrible. Also the ice machine on my floor was broke. When I first went to it I thought it was out so I went to use the machine upstairs. I then tried it the next day and it still didn't work. I went upstairs again. I finally told a maintenance man that was wondering around about it. He said he would fix it. I didn't appreciate it when i got back to my room Friday night at 7:00 PM there was a big wagon of cleaning supplies the staff uses right next to my room. At 7:00 PM they should be finished. Did the hotel have any redeeming qualities? Yes, comfy bed, many channels on the TV, and I appreciated the shuttle to and from the airport. Nonetheless, the terrible customer service at the front desk, lackluster breakfast buffet, and scary bathroom definitely outweigh its good points. I don't think they want people like me staying there. They seem to cater to the giant buses of people from across the country who go to DC. Those sorts of tourists were everywhere. Definitely not for business travelers.

Room Tip: Maybe the 6th or 7th Floor Club Level rooms are decent, I don't know. Don't stay in the reg...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for leaving your feedback. We're sorry you received service which did not meet your expectations and we will review your comments with our management team. Our hotel provides a 10% restaurant coupon for all our level one priority club guests, and we also offer a Meet the Manager reception every Wednesday which features complimentary beverages and appetizers for all hotel guests.
I have forwarded your comments regarding your room as well as the ice machine to our maintenance department so they can address these issues. We are currently addressing the rust issue that you noted with your bathtub and are currently in the process of replacing all bathtubs that have this issue. Our restaurant's breakfast buffet selection does vary daily. While we do not have an omelet station, we do offer an a la carte menu available with additional choices including omelets and eggs benedict for your selection.
We are glad that you enjoyed your bed and as part of our continuing hotel upgrades, we will have new bed linens and bedding in all guestrooms arriving in June. While we host tours from around the nation during the busy Cherry Blossum season, we always value and welcome our business travelers year round.
We hope you will consider staying with us again and providing us with the chance to exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss your stay any further, please contact me anytime at sharon.cummiskey@cwhotels.com.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here a couple weeks ago and was presently suprised. The hotel has good upkeep and I found my room to be larger than most hotels. Staff there is on their game, Mark and Edin helped me a number of times, very respectful workers. The restaurant is a plus too open til midnight everynight is great. One negative, the vending machines kept taking my money and I guess theyre not managed by the property which is strange. Other than that I'd recommend this place

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay. We are so glad that you found our location convenient and our staff helpful. Our Houlihan's is open for late night dining until midnight and I especially recommend the 'Shrooms, the fried asparagus and the mini burger trio.
I have forwarded your comments regarding the vending machines to the outside vendor. If you ever have this problem again, please notify the front desk and they would be happy to reimburse you the amount you lost.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The service and professionalism was excellent. It's refreshing to be treated well when you're on the road. Siddique checked me in and was particularly helpful and gracious. Thanks so much. I'll definitely be coming back when I stay in Washington.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff's goal is to exceed our customers' expectations, so it is especially nice to hear that you experienced such good service from our guest service agent.
We love to welcome return guests and look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to Herndon.

Hendersonville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Had a reunion of the unit I served with in Viet Nam. We were booked into the Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, which is four miles from the airport. We drove so had no dealing with the airport itself, but there were shuttles running from the hotel to the airport on a regular schedule. The hotel was very satisfactory in every issue, they were very accomodating in all ways. Rooms were very clean, quiet even though we were just next door to the toll road. The restaurant on site was quite pricey, good food for the one meal we ate there. Taco Bell and Wendy's just right next door, and across the street were several varied restaurants. It was a great place to stay for the eight day trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We always look forward to every year when we have the honor to host the military reunion groups. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room comfortable and clean.
Our Houlihan's Restaurant is a fun place for groups to get together during down time. While not as inexpensive as the nearby fast food alternatives, Houlihan's entrees all include a choice of soup or salad. I'd like to recommend the new Roasted Chicken entree and the Down Home Pot Roast for your next visit. We look forward to the opportunity to host you and your reunion group the next time your event is in the Washington D.C. area.

Moon Township, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

From the time you step into the hotel to the checkout time, you well feel happy; especially when you start your check in with Siddique or Patrick. In fact all staff are helpful and friendly. Rooms are well taken care of and I am lucku to have a priority club membership to be in the exuctive floor which is more interesting. Whenever in DC area, don't miss it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent nice comments regarding our Crowne Plaza. Our goal is to make all guests feel welcome and comfortable, so we are especially happy when our team members like Siddique and Patrick provide excellent service.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Annandale, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

i stayed in this hotel last month. the rooms, bathrooms are very clean. breakfast buffet are delicious even though they don't have a lot of food.jana and edin was very helpful they help how to get to washington DC. i would highly recomemndeed this hotel to the rest of my family and friends..tahnk you so much people!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review regarding our hotel. We are glad that you found our location convenient and enjoyed breakfast in Houlihan's Restaurant. I will forward your nice comments about our front desk guest service agents to our management team.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Our hotel is just three miles from the Reston Wiehle Ave. metro station opening in January, 2014, which will make your next trip even more convenient to visiting Washington D.C. attractions.

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!