“helpful and convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Annandale, Virginia
“helpful and convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

i stayed in this hotel last month. the rooms, bathrooms are very clean. breakfast buffet are delicious even though they don't have a lot of food.jana and edin was very helpful they help how to get to washington DC. i would highly recomemndeed this hotel to the rest of my family and friends..tahnk you so much people!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your review regarding our hotel. We are glad that you found our location convenient and enjoyed breakfast in Houlihan's Restaurant. I will forward your nice comments about our front desk guest service agents to our management team.
We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Our hotel is just three miles from the Reston Wiehle Ave. metro station opening in January, 2014, which will make your next trip even more convenient to visiting Washington D.C. attractions.

355 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We found the location very convenient. However, our room faced the neighborhood soccer field. The lights stay on until midnight and we had only sheer window coverings. In addition, this room seemed excessively warm. We used air conditioning even though outside temps were well below normal. Staff and restaurant staff were all extremely friendly. I would stay here again, in another room.

• Stayed April 2013
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel so convenient. For any future stays, if you would like your guestroom darker, our rooms do have blackout curtains that are on the side of the sheer curtains that you may close to make your room dark.
Despite the unusual heat this week, the individual guest room thermostats are programmable to the preferred setting of individual guests. I will forward your comments to our maintenance department so they can check the air conditioning unit's controls.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Elizabethville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a Vietnam Veterans Reunion. The staff was very nice & helpful. The rooms were very clean & comfortable. The airport shuttle was always on time and runs every 30 minutes. The restuarant is a "Houlihans". The food & service was very good and the staff was friendly & efficient. The hotel is a little out of the way if you want to visit downtown DC. There is a good bus & then metro connection from Dulles Airport, 5 minutes away by hotel shuttle, but you will spend at least an hour getting there. A new metro station, just a couple miles from the hotel, is scheduled to open soon. This will make it quicker to get to downtown. I would stay here again the next time I visit DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. Our staff always enjoys hosting the military reunion groups that visit every year, so we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our Crowne Plaza.
We are also looking forward to the opening of Metro's new Silver line. Our hotel is just four miles from the Wiehle Ave. Reston metro stop that is scheduled to open January, 2014. This new metro option will make it very convenient for guests like yourselves to visit D.C. attractions.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to having your reunion group visit us again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I love staying at this Crowne Plaza. The front desk staff, especially Siddique, are very welcoming and helpful. The rooms are clean have everything you need for a great night's stay. Lots of restaurants to choose from nearby. This is always my first choice of hotels when I am in the area.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay. We are always happy to hear when our return guests love staying here and look forward to welcoming you back for another visit. I will forward your compliments about our front office staff to our management team.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza again.

Washington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A great hotel if you want to stay near Dulles airport. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, rooms are nice and clean. There are restaurants nearby, one is actually part of the hotel. the shuttle runs every half hour to the airport, which is about 5 minutes away. I stay here often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We love to welcome back returning guests and get their feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff so friendly. Our airport van shuttle does depart the hotel every half hour and picks up at Dulles at 2H lower level.
We hope you will enjoy our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar again on your next visit as our outdoor patio is now open for dining.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at this Crowne Plaza and I was very happy with my stay.

First of all, their shuttle showed up on time to pick me up at the airport, which made a very good first impression. I also found out their shuttle runs around the clock, so I will never have to worry about getting to the hotel. I was greeted immediately as I walk into the spacious lobby, Patrick at the front desk was very friendly and professional, he made the check-in process a breeze. He was also very patience as he answered my questions about the surrounding area.

The room itself was very clean and well furnished, the king bed was very comfortable, the wifi worked perfectly and there were plenty of outlets to recharge my electronics.

The one negative thing I found was that not all of the tv channels worked, but I think that is a DirectTV problem so it will not effect my opinion of this hotel.

Thanks for a great stay and I will be returning in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Greetings Patrick L from San Francisco -

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. The review was not only kind and we appreciate that, but it was detailed and helpful. I am sure your fellow TripAdvisor members appreciate the useful content.

Patrick is the Bee's Knees. "Patient" is a good word to describe him. His maturity helps him understand how lost we can be when we are traveling to new surroundings.

You also hit the nail on the head with our darn LodgeNet Video System. With all respect and kindness to LodgeNet.....our contract is up later this year and we are already shopping for modern and dependable alternatives.

Thank you for your business Patrick L. And thank you for the kind and complimentary TripAdvisor review.

Yours,

David.Welliver@cwhotels.com
Gloucester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have to admit, this is my home away from home whenever I'm in the DC area.

Leslie, one of the Managers at the Crowne always greats you with a smile aqnd sincer welcome back. She and her staff will do everything they can to make your stay comfortable and uneventful. Mike on the desk is also a "rockstar: in his own right. Helpful, courteous, and hard-working. It's clear there's top-notch leadership (I'm thinking Leslie again) that helps bring it all together.

There are lots of choices in the area and beleive me I've shopped them all and stayed at most, but for my money this is best overall hotel in the area. Also, attached is one of the best "locals" bars in the area. Houlihans is awesome for a great meal and a relaxing drink after a hard day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We value our return guests, so I was especially pleased to hear that Leslie and our front desk staff provided you with such excellent service. Our goal is to be our guests' "Home away from home", so it's great that you felt we delivered on that goal.
I will also pass along your nice comments regarding our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. My new favorite dish is the Shrimp Panzanella salad, a delicious salad for springtime that I can highly recommend.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to hosting you again!

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!