“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
San Francisco, California
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at this Crowne Plaza and I was very happy with my stay.

First of all, their shuttle showed up on time to pick me up at the airport, which made a very good first impression. I also found out their shuttle runs around the clock, so I will never have to worry about getting to the hotel. I was greeted immediately as I walk into the spacious lobby, Patrick at the front desk was very friendly and professional, he made the check-in process a breeze. He was also very patience as he answered my questions about the surrounding area.

The room itself was very clean and well furnished, the king bed was very comfortable, the wifi worked perfectly and there were plenty of outlets to recharge my electronics.

The one negative thing I found was that not all of the tv channels worked, but I think that is a DirectTV problem so it will not effect my opinion of this hotel.

Thanks for a great stay and I will be returning in the future!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Greetings Patrick L from San Francisco -

Thank you for taking the time to post your great review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. The review was not only kind and we appreciate that, but it was detailed and helpful. I am sure your fellow TripAdvisor members appreciate the useful content.

Patrick is the Bee's Knees. "Patient" is a good word to describe him. His maturity helps him understand how lost we can be when we are traveling to new surroundings.

You also hit the nail on the head with our darn LodgeNet Video System. With all respect and kindness to LodgeNet.....our contract is up later this year and we are already shopping for modern and dependable alternatives.

Thank you for your business Patrick L. And thank you for the kind and complimentary TripAdvisor review.

Yours,

David.Welliver@cwhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Gloucester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have to admit, this is my home away from home whenever I'm in the DC area.

Leslie, one of the Managers at the Crowne always greats you with a smile aqnd sincer welcome back. She and her staff will do everything they can to make your stay comfortable and uneventful. Mike on the desk is also a "rockstar: in his own right. Helpful, courteous, and hard-working. It's clear there's top-notch leadership (I'm thinking Leslie again) that helps bring it all together.

There are lots of choices in the area and beleive me I've shopped them all and stayed at most, but for my money this is best overall hotel in the area. Also, attached is one of the best "locals" bars in the area. Houlihans is awesome for a great meal and a relaxing drink after a hard day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
We value our return guests, so I was especially pleased to hear that Leslie and our front desk staff provided you with such excellent service. Our goal is to be our guests' "Home away from home", so it's great that you felt we delivered on that goal.
I will also pass along your nice comments regarding our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. My new favorite dish is the Shrimp Panzanella salad, a delicious salad for springtime that I can highly recommend.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and we look forward to hosting you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I spent two nights at This wonderful hotel on march and had a very good experience. The Rooms are impecable and quiet .fitness center is very spacious and clean. The shuttle staff are very friendly and courteous..Leslie,Edin are very profesional and courteous and actually put in effort to make my stay as confortable as possible..i'll back soon.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your guestroom, the fitness center and our van shuttle. We focus on providing good customer service, so it it is especially nice when we hear that our front desk guest agents were so professional and courteous, and I will forward your comments to our management team.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Herndon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I was in crowne plaza last month,it was super amazing ,the hotel was very nice an a good location,great pool,we had breaksfat at the restaurant wich was so good. the room were a nice size and very clean the bathroom is spacious and you had all you need.edin was very helpful and friendly he did all he could to make my stay comfortable.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you found your room clean and spacious and also liked our location next to additional restaurants, shops and multiplex movie theatre. I was especially pleased that our staff was so helpful and will pass your comments to our management team.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.
Athens, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel several times. The staff is very nice and efficient. The rooms and beds are comfortable and clean. The hotel supplies an airport shuttle which is important to me. The Hoolihans restaurant on the property is excellent. I look forward to my next stay at this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom as well as our Houlihan's restaurant during your stay. Our 24-hr complimentary shuttle to Dulles Airport is also popular with many guests.
We value our return guests and look forward to the opportunity to host you again. Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza.

Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have visited the hotel bar on many occations. The bar is excellet, and the bartenders are the very best. Craig, Vic, and Steve remember your name, your drink preference. True professionals. I highly recomend this place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your nice review of our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. Houlihan's is very popular with both our hotel guests as well as the local community. I will pass along your nice comments regarding the bartenders to our Houlihan's management team.
I also would like to recommend trying either of my favorite appetizers, the fried asparagus and burger sliders, the next time you visit. Our outdoor patio is also ready for your enjoyment as soon as we have warmer weather.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I have been staying for 3 nights every week for the past one month, and I found the staff courteous, rooms clean, and bathrooms clean and shining. Since I arrive almost at the same time every week, I find Patrick at the front desk who greets me with courtesy and respect. He tries to find the right room and accommodation I am looking for. The gym is open 24 hours (next to the swimming pool).
The location is excellent. There are restaurants nearby (walking distance) including a grocery store (Giant).
The free breakfast buffet coupons are a plus!!! and Houilihan's staff is friendly and courteous.

Overall -- Excellent place to stay!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your nice comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our convenient location, your guestroom as well as our other amenities. Our focus is to provide excellent customer service, so we are especially pleased that our front desk and Houlihan's staff provided you such friendly service.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!