“Brilliant Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
London
“Brilliant Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2008

Stayed here for 14 nights as I was on business near by. The shuttle frm the airport is generally good, a couple of times I had to wait 45 mins when it is suppose to run every 30 mins. Upon check-in, I was dealt with swiftly. I was on the club floor level which was nice & quiet. The room was very spacious & had everything I needed. Breakfast in the lounge in the morning was good & included in the price. The gym & pool facilities were very good too. Definately recommend this hotel! Lots of restuarants near by & the one that is part of the hotel is very good.

• Liked — Everything
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2008

Arrived at the hotel very early at 07h00 after a long flight and found check-in to be a pleasure with friendly staff who had no problem giving me a room so much earlier then check in time.

The room itself was great - spotlessly clean with great amenities like a sleep CD, ear plugs and lavender spray. The bed is really comfortable and I slept well.

The hotel is close to Dulles and the area was pleasant with shops and restaurants nearby. I booked on Hotwire and got a fantastic rate.

You cannot do better then the Crowne Plaza in the area, and I would recommend it to anyone. No problems to report at all.

• Liked — Great location, rooms, service, comfortable bed
  • Disliked — small bath tub, but I think all US hotels are like this
Great Falls, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2008

Stayed 1 night on business on the corporate rate of $179. Location was great, just minutes from the airport but be prepared to pay a 50 cent toll each way. Check in was a breeze we were there hours before checkin time of 3pm because of an early flight but were allowed right in. I had a priority club # and for that they gave me a larger room on the corner for free! Was provided a bag of goodies with a sleep cd, lavender spray, and a sleeping mask (none of which i used but was a nice touch) Room and bed was very large and comfy with an easy chair and desk/workstation plus microwave/fridge. Bathroom had an extended pull out makeup mirror which was great as well as the usual shampoo/conditioner. Liked the contemporary style. Newspaper and receipt was slid under my door in the morning. Only complaint was that wireless was very very slow. I was on the 4th floor in the corner. Parking garage attached to hotel was free and very quick walk (15 seconds) to elevator instead of going through the lobby. 530-630pm on Wednesdays (the night we stayed) they roll out a huge array of complimentary food and drinks in the lobby. Cheese and meat trays, bottles of beer and wine, all for you to enjoy for free! Was a great deal but unfortunately I couldnt partake cuz we were meeting a client for dinner at that time but it looked very tempting!! A small gift shop is also located in the hotel. Attached restaurant Houlihan's attracted the business professional lunch crowd but we sat on the patio and were greeted very quickly and served our food just as quickly. Menu was HUGE and pricing was reasonable. Definitely recommend.

• Liked — Free evening reception on Wednesday, luxury accomodations
  • Disliked — Cleaning people and maintenance people in hallways tearing down the ceiling
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cary, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2008

I booked the Crown Plaza on Priceline for a very reasonable $40. I called them prior to my stay and requested 2 queen beds. The night of my stay I called them again and requested 1 king. I was told that they probably would not be able to accommodate that since all the Kings were taken. However, when I arrived there from NC I was quite surprised that they were able to get me into a King room on the Club Level for no additional charge. While i was there, my stay was nice. One thing that was cool was they had a CD with nature sounds. We are not personally into that but I know that there are some people that are.
The only thing that annoyed me about the hotel is I was not made aware of the rear parking deck that was far more convenient to our room than the lot in the front. I discovered it on my own and quite by accident.
All-in-all this was a solid hotel and I would highly recommend it.

• Liked — Club Level upgrade, proximity to Dulles Toll Rd.
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

Booked through Hotwire for a very reasonable price (~$60). Everything else in the area was in the $200+ range. Totally fine hotel for an overnight stay. The room itself was fine, as was the lobby. Didn't use any of the amenities, other than the Internet, which worked. Wouldn't recommend it for a long-term stay, but for a single night, it's fine.

Stayed February 2008
Eastern Shore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2008

My husband and I, as well as another couple, stayed here the night before a flight out.
We saw a special for Park "N Fly on Travelzoo. They only wanted $119 for this, compared to other hotels which were $30 - $80 more in the same area. So we paid about $119 for one room and about $89 for the other. We got in around 11 p.m. and were promptly checked in. To our surprise, we were both upgraded to the Club Level. It was a nice, spacious room. The bathroom had lots of amenities, and there were bath robes to use. Also there was a free granola bar and popcorn for snacks. Left on the bed was some type of Sleep kit - CD to play, lavender spray, ear plugs, and sleep mask. I love freebies, so this was really nice!! We promptly got in bed, and it was extremely comfortable (and I am picky!) No problem with heat, showers, or such. The next morning our free shuttle was waiting to take us to the airport. (There is free coffee in the lobby, as well as free internet to guarantee airline seats, make quick reservations, etc. )
Only problem was that I left my pillow in the room. I realized this after we were at the airport, so I called the hotel and the lady said she would have it waiting for me when we arrived back. However, when we returned back, pillow was nowhere to be found. Man at desk said I could leave message for housekeeping. I did. The next day at 8 a.m. Maria called my home. She couldn't have been sweeter! She had my pillow and was shipping it to me (since we live three hours from the airport.) How's that for service? We only had a short stay here, but I would consider trying this place again, especially it it's a decent price.

• Liked — price, convenient location, freebies!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2007

A mixed bag at the Plaza.

Stayed here on a one night stopover at the end of November and on arrival everything looked fine from a bright and well presented lobby etc.

Behind the scenes however was a different story. My room was on the first floor. The room itself was a good size as was the bathroom, but overall both were looking tired and in need of refurbishment as were the hallway decor and carpets. The tv was also on its last legs with a dark/poor picture and no adjustment working.

Houlihans sports bar next door was the same story. Nicely fitted out and great atmostphere but the service was terrible. Even though there were three staff behind the bar it took 10 mins to get served. No smiles or pleasantries, just arrogance from all concerned(I don't do names).

I also have a note of caution re the location, with due respect to the locals. This is clearly not the best of areas as was borne out by a short stroll to the local 7-11 store. I am a large imposing person but still managed to get eyballed by some of the local characters hanging around. Also the car park at the rear is dark and isolated so try and park round the front of the building. Sorry for sounding sexist but not recommended for lone females or anyone who is nervous.

Overall could have been better.

• Liked — Close to airport
  • Disliked — Local area
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!