“Great hotel for traveling to Washington, DC.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Great hotel for traveling to Washington, DC.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I went to Washington, DC in the summer and enjoyed staying in this hotel. The rooms were nice and breakfast was good. The trip from downtown DC to this hotel wasn't too long of a trip. I slept very well and didn't have trouble falling asleep. The bathrooms were nice and clean and the hotel wasn't outdated.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your guestroom and the Houlihan's breakfast. Many of our guests also enjoy the value and convenience of staying in the surburbs and being close to Dulles Airport when visiting Washington D.C.
In early 2014 we will also be within four miles of the new Wiehle metro station on the Silver line, providing even easier access to Washington D.C.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to Washington D.C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza the last time I was in D.C. for business. The hotel is a short 10 minute cab ride from Dulles. If you tip a bit more than usual, the driver won’t be as disappointed in the small fare.
The first room they put me in had an issue with the adjoining door. The veneer layer on my side of the door was peeling away from the door itself and bending out towards the room, starting at the top of the door and going down about half way. I noticed this immediately when entering the room so simply turned around and went back to the front desk to request a room change. The front desk employee was very apologetic about the situation and re-booked me into an alternative room right away. He also provided a drink coupon to be used at the adjoining watering hole -- another way to redeem their service standard. The next room was fully functioning and everything worked as expected. You can tell the hotel has been around for a while. The flyer in the elevator promotes the remodeling work they’ve already completed along with a schedule of what other improvements are coming.
The one redeeming quality of this particular location is that it's connected to a Houlihan’s Restaurant, which is a great venue for hot soup and cold beer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We are glad that you chose our hotel and found our location so convenient. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced in having to switch guestrooms. I was pleased that our guest service agents were able to resolve the issue quickly for you. They also notified our engineering department so that they could repair the guest room door.
I am also pleased that you were able to take advantage of our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar. My favorite soup in Houlihan's is the Baked Potato. I can also recommend our new 10 oz. burger and Roasted Chicken dinner.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hello,

I want to share my experience at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel. The staff is top notch. Very proactive and they pay attention to all of the details which is why I would recommend this hotel for business travelers to the area or even tourists. I am a business traveler and the guys at the front desk (Mark and Siddique) are really keen on giving great customer satisfaction. Once they recognized me from my last stay they asked if I wanted to stay in the same room as the last time I visited their hotel. I think that attention to detail is what sets this hotel apart from all the rest.

Thank you guys and keep up the good work!

Quin L

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We would like to thank you for choosing our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport for your recent stay. Our hotel team's goal is to exceed our customers' expectations, so we were very pleased to receive your detailed review of how our guest service agents Mark and Siddique provided you with great customer service.
Thank you for your kind words and I hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again the next time you visit the Dulles area.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Excellent Hotel and i highly recommend this hotel,The room was very nice,the staff Rajni And Edin took good care of my needs,the van drivers were very dependable and friendly.I just want to thank the CROWN PLAZA for a great stay. I will come back in this hotel. thanks

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will pass along your nice comments regarding our guest service agents Rajni and Edin as well as our van drivers to our hotel team.
We welcome our return guests and look forward to the next opportunity to host you during your next visit to Herndon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Convenient location to Washington-Dulles airport. Hotel was clean and quiet during my weekend stay. Plenty of nearby restaurants - one connected to hotel. Room was comfortable and temperature was easily adjusted. Bed appeared to be clean. Mattress was firm. If you are a Priority Club member, make sure you ask for access to their club room with some free breakfast items on weekdays and water/soda and snacks all the time.

I don't think the person that checked me in spoke English very well and/or was new. Even though it was already on my reservation profile, I mentioned I was a Platinum member at check-in and did not receive the normal Priority Club arrival package, room upgrade or access to the club room. I didn't find out about the club room until after check-in and went back to the desk and got my key upgraded. Also, the cleaning staff was even worse with the English language. It took a lot of time to explain to the cleaning lady when she knocked on our door that we were still in the room, would be leaving in about 5-10 minutes and to come back then.

Other than those minor inconveniences, the stay was fine and I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed your room, our Houlihan's Restaurant and our central location.
We place a high priority on recognizing our Priority Club Members , so I was disappointed that we did not acknowledge you properly upon check-in. I have forwarded this information to our Front Office Manager so they can ensure that all guest service agents are thoroughly trained regarding Priority Club and the different level's benefits.

HUMMELSTOWN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spend about one-half of my time away from home on business, I almost always spend those nights away at the Dulles Crowne Plaza. The staff always greet me with a smile and almost always greet me by name. They also always provide me with the type of room and amenities I enjoy. Siddique, Mark, and others make my time away from home much more comfortable. The rates are pretty reasonable and the Executive Lounge is a great way to get a nice quiet breakfast every day. Having a restaurant within the building is nice. Victor, the bartender, always has a smile, a handshake, and a welcome back for me--not to mention my favorite beverages.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We love to welcome back frequent guests and are so happy when we hear that members of our staff make you feel at home. I will pass along your nice comments regarding Siddique, Mark and Victor to our management team.
I am also glad that you enjoyed our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar, as well as your guestroom. Our club level guestrooms are available for an upgrade of $25.00 daily and include complimentary continental breakfast (weekdays) and snacks in our club lounge as well as additional amenities.
We look forward to welcoming you back and being your "home away from home" during your next visit to Herndon.

Asbury Park, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here for two days this past weekend. The hotel was gorgeous, and the location was perfect for us. We were going to the Air and Space Museum and it was only a ten minute ride. It was very convenient to have Houlihan's right in the lobby and we did dinner there both nights- one night in the restaurant and the other night, room service. Room service was very quick- less than twenty minutes. The downside to the hotel was that I noticed a lot of things that needed work. Our shower did not drain at all one night- there was still water in it the next morning. The water level in the toliets was extremely low. The water in the shower did not get hot at all one morning. But other than these things, we enjoyed our stay. The staff- especially the front desk staff- was cheerful, professional, and helpful, and the room itself was very nice.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and your dining experience at Houlihan's Restaurant. For future visits, you might want to consider our Air & Space package, which includes two tickets to the Udvar-Hazy Smithsonian Museum as well as complimentary transportation to and from the museum.
I also appreciate your feedback regarding the water issues in your bathroom and will pass these comments along to our engineering department. Unfortunately sometimes issues do arise, but we welcome the opportunity to repair them as soon as we are notified by the guest.
We hope to have you visit us again during your next visit to the Dulles area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Washington Dulles Marriott Suites

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!