“Crowne Plaza Herndon Va Recent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30% this Summer!
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Melbourne, Florida
“Crowne Plaza Herndon Va Recent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Leslie Alves and her staff continue to exceed my expectations. Their "can do" attitude and exceptional service are most noteworthy. My irregular travel schedules are never a problem with them and they always find an acceptable solution to my "last minute" accommodations requests. This truly is a CLASS Hotel. Thanks Leslie and team.
Jack R.

Room Tip: Close to elevator would be a plus.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Jack,

Thank you for your nice words regarding our Front Office Mgr., Leslie Alves, and her staff. We are very proud of our staff's service level and glad that they were able to help accommodate your reservation requests.
We look forward to the opportunity to host you again the next time you are in the Dulles area.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My wife & I enjoyed this property largely because of the quality of the staff. Patric was professional & extremely helpful. The room was perfect & the managers reception was exceptional. Hats off to Leslie as well.
Harry

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Harry,

We are glad that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel, including our complimentary Meet the Manager Reception, held every Wednesday evening from 5:30-6:30pm. It is a nice opportunity for guests to mingle and enjoy some appetizers and beverages.
I will pass along your nice comments regarding the helpfulness of both Patric and Leslie from our front desk to our management. We hope you will stay with us again the next time that you are in the Dulles area.

Regards,
Herndon, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I am finally getting around to rating this hotel nearly three months after my wife and I stayed there following the now famous June 29, 2012 Mid-Atlantic derecho. When we awoke in our Herndon home on Saturday morning, June 30th, we knew that we were in for a long day, as it was already warm in our house, and power was out to more than a million customers in the Washington, DC area. Around 2 P.M., we realized that we would have to suffer through a long, hot, boring afternoon and evening if we could not find a hotel with power. Due to the storm, phone service was largely non-existent, and so we had to drive from hotel to hotel, seeking one that had both power and an available room. The first seven with power did not have any availability, but the Crowne Plaza did. We were very pleasantly surprised that the hotel had not jacked up its rate due to the storm, and we had a quiet, comfortable club level room, which was about 20 degrees cooler than our house. Staff was very courteous and we enjoyed dinner at the nearby (within walking distance) Bertucci's. All in all, a very nice experience at a reasonable price under unusual circumstances.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Hello Home-Town RodneyHerndon -

I certainly am happy to hear you made the most out of that rough power-outage weekend. I am still in therapy for the trauma we all suffered. I cannot thank you enough for the time you took to share your kind comments of your experience with our Crowne Plaza during that exceptional weekend. Things were far from perfect that but I was proud of the way the staff met their obligations and I am glad you enjoyed our hotel.

Here's to having electricity..and cable TV..and Internet..and air-conditioning in the summer! Thank you again for your comments. You are a good neighbor!

Roswell, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I am here for 5 days with my sweetheart while he is up here on a business trip. He has been staying here almost monthly for the past year, but, this is my first time here. From my perspective, this is a very clean property. It is an older property, but they do maintain it very well. They have upgraded the rooms a bit and the bathrooms have granite vanities and are well lit, which, as a female, I find important!!! The housekeeping staff has done an excellent job, our room is spotless and keep us well-stocked with towels. There is an indoor pool and hot tub with a lifeguard on duty at all times. Both are showing their age, but are clean and we have used the hot tub 2 or 3 times.
This place's location is pretty good, as it is not a terrible drive into the city (D.C.) and the National Air & Space Museum is only a few minutes away. (next to Dulles) The Shenandoah Valley National Park and Skyline Drive, as well as Luray Caverns are within an hour's drive. There are numerous restaurants within a mile of the property, as well as a grocery store and a Kohl's. All in all, a convenient place to stay! I would recommend this place and would enjoy coming back again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Hello Carybenn53 -

Thank you for the time you took to share your very kind and very detailed review of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. I certainly appreciate you noticing the results of our staff's efforts. We have some real heros on the payroll. However, I think the thing that touched me the most is how our Crowne Plaza has become a reliable home away from home for you. I don't think there can be a kinder customer gesture or a more fullfilling result than to have earned your trust as a repeat guest.

We hope to serve you again soon!

Heathrow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stayed whilst on a whistle stop visit to meet clients and although nothing wrong with hotel or service, there was nothing special that made me think wow.

Check in was extremely quick and efficient although there was no attempt to either upsell or offer information. The bedroom was nice enough, as expected really although the interior of the hotel was rather dated. My Air Conditioning didn't really work which was a shame due to the heat.

No real lounge area, just a space in the lobby but not exactly relaxing.

The best part (isn't it always!) was the bar and restaurant, Hoolihans. The service was fantastic, extremely personal and knowledgable. The beer was ice cold which was brilliant as it was so humid. The breakfast in the morning was usual fayre but great all the same. We barely noticed any guests in the hotel (either it was quiet or everyone kept themselves to themselves) but when we had lunch with our clients, the restaurant came to life and was buzzing. All coupled with great service.

Would I stay again? Probably as there was nothing wrong and it is in a great location only 5 minutes from the airport. If I were staying longer than the 24 hours I was there, I would probably venture into the city though.

Hello Paul From Across the Pond -

Thank you for taking the time to share your very detailed thoughts of your recent visit to our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. Your story title made us sad but your review made us happy. While it is always nice to have the newest and best stuff, the most memorable experiences in a service environment relates to the staff service - either terrific or not-so-much. I was very pleased to see that our staff services connected well with your expectations.

Thank you for your business and again for your review. I am sure other TripAdvisor members appreciate your degree of detail as well.

Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The check-inn process was a little slow, but not too bad (about 10 minutes). The room was clean, and I rested well. The breakfast buffet was somewhat limited, but the staff was quite helpful. The hotel was pretty close to where I had a conference, and not too far from the Dulles Airport.

Greetings Princeton New Jersey -

Thank you for taking the time to share comments from your recent vist to our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We were pleased that we met your expecations and that the staff services made a good impact on you. Every hotel has a bed...a TV...a pool, etc. The memorable differences usually has some thing to do with how great or not so great the people-service was. We are glad we hit the mark with your hotel stay.

Thank you for your business, and again for sharing your Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport experience.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I was able to grab this hotel using Hotwire. Over the years, have found many nice, inexpensive hotels around the Dulles area and I often target them when I have to roll into the D.C area for a short stay. If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel, clean, and close to Dulles airport, you may want to check this one out. It is very, very close to the toll road which runs from Dulles airport to the beltway. The hotel is a straight shot from the airport. You can arrive there within minutes. It is close to restaurants and only a short drive to Reston Town Center. This hotel has changed hands over the years. I remember staying on this property around 14 years ago when it was a Days Inn. Lot's have changed since then. The hotel has been given a facelift in several key areas. The lobby looks new and modern. However, the interior of the elevator and hallways are in need of modernization commensurate with the lobby and the rooms. My room was very nice. It had modern furniture and decorations. The bed was very comfortable. The room also had a 32" flatscreen which not only added to the modern look but had great HD resolution. The bathroom was completely remodeled and sported a modern vanity with granite tops. The tiling looked brand new. The carpet in the room was showing signs of wear but was only a minor distraction from the rest of the room. I did not use the gym (very small) or the indoor pool. I also did not eat at the on-site restaurant but it looks, from the outside, that there has been lots of attention given to that as well. In short, this is a normal hotel which has been given a good upgrade. It was clean and modern. I would stay again if could...depending how lucky I am with Hotwire.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location so convenient. Since your last stay, we completed a nine million dollar renovation throughout the hotel. All guest rooms inlcude a HD flat screen TV as well as refrigerator and granite in all bathrooms.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon!

Best Regards,

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!