“Delightful” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Herndon
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

The service given from when they answered my phonecall to get a room, till I checked out, was just very pleasant and one on one. Besides being a priority club member, I would recommend this place for its location, facilities and overall value and service. Top stuff.

• Stayed June 2012
, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
We are so pleased that you enjoyed both our customer service as well as our convenient location and facilities during your stay. Thank you for your time and review and we look forward to the opportunity to host you again during your next visit to the Dulles area!

Director of Sales & Marketing

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
La Plata, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I must admit the service and helpfullness of the staff was excellent. Friendly, polite and knowing how to get any information that was needed quickly and efficiently. Mohned in particular was the very model of an excellent staff member.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Greetings Nelson W - and thank you for taking the time to post your reivew of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport.

The front desk team member you pointed out is new with our hotel and I am already a big fan. I am glad you are too and will make sure we recognize "Mo" for his early contribution to hospitality at the Crowne Plaza.

Thank you again for your time and kind review! We hope to serve you again soon.

David Welliver
Travelers Rest, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Checked in very late in order to get a good night's sleep before taking my daughter to the airport for an overseas flight the next morning. The check-in clerk was very helpful about the hotel shuttle and how early to get to the airport. At that point we were pleased with the hotel.

That all changed when we got to the room - the climate control unit was horribly noisy (had to turn it off in order to sleep), the bed was very hard with minimal, lumpy pillows, and, worst of all, when I pulled back the covers to get in bed, I saw multiple blood stains on the duvet cover. However, it was so late & we had to get up so early the next morning, I didn't bother to try to change rooms so I get some sleep. In retrospect, I should have since I didn't sleep a wink worrying what else might be in that awful bed with me. However, the bathroom was clean & in good condition.

In the morning, I expressed my distaste to a different desk clerk. Instead of an apology, she had me fill out a comment card about the condition of the room. When we checked out, the employees behind the desk appeared to be managers. My daughter explained the situation to them and how it was handled. They did apologize and offered us a free breakfast that we didn't have time to accept.

I would never return to this hotel nor recommend it. I booked this through Hotwire (1st time user) & I'm not sure if I would use the service again since I can't do research on the hotel before booking. On the otherhand, even if I had done the research on Trip Advisor, I likely would have booked based and the high average of the reviews. The hotel was very conveniently located for IAD.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Dear SwampRabbit 2010,

I am sorry that you did not have a good experience during your recent visit. Our housekeeping standards are very high, so it is disappointing that we did not meet your expectations. We always hope to have the opportunity to fix a problem for our guests while they are still in-house so that we can solve a problem or move a guest to another room. We are glad that you enjoyed our shuttle and our convenient location to IAD.
Please contact me anytime at sharon.cummiskey@cwhotels.com if you would like to further discuss the issues you had during your stay. We hope that you will consider trying our hotel again in the future so that we will have the opportunity to provide you with a great stay.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I was there again last week, everything was fine, but again same young man that was so helpful and clean cut make my trip more enjoyable. He is so patient with bunch of elderly and so so polite that I am amazed , in that young age and all these information about the city and the history and such a good driver . Congrats to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Dear John S from Tampa -

I am not only appreciative of the time you took to share your detailed and kind comments regarding your experience at our Crowne Plaza, but we especially value your focus on the shuttle drivers. Between the dysfunctional layout and management system of Dulles Airport and the unpredictable nature of the area traffic, it is not as simple as one might think to execute the expected transportation process. Our boys (and one girl) get beat up often (usually) resulting from events they have no control over. Nevertheless, I can't think of many things more important than getting people to the airport on time so we must work around the obstacles and keep our eye on timely transportation.

Thank you again for spot-lighting our shuttle team.

David Welliver
Go Rays
Chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

This is a fairly large property of Crowne Plaza in terms of the spread of the building. Could be a long walk from the parking. Excellent room with neat and nice facilities, great food, lively atmosphere and wonderful staff. There are several restaurants in the vicinity; if you want to try something else other than the hotel's food or you want a pick up something in a hurry and drive.

Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Good to have a room closer the the back side car parking at any level/floor as the back side car p...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Mr. EHANDS -

I want to sincerely thank you for being the best person in the world - and also for the lovely comments you shared from your visit to our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. You hit on all my favorite features and we are very pleased that we met your expectations. I am sure fellow Tripadvisor members appreciate the time you spent being detail oriented with your comments.

We can't wait to serve you again soon.

David Welliver, CHA
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Booked the parking deal online as it was cheap for a 7 day trip from IAD. The website says that the shuttle leaves on the hour and half hour and I was told by the driver that the pick up at the airport was at 10 and 40 minutes after the hour. On my return from my trip, I was at the pick up location at 2:25 PM. As the shuttle had not shown up by 2:45 PM, I called the hotel and was told that the shuttle had already returned and that I would have to wait for the next one at 3:10 PM. In the meantime, I saw shuttles from all the other hotels come by several times. I was eventually picked up at 3:10, having waited for 45 minutes! When I complained to the front desk manager, I was offered half off my next parking. The better offer would have been to tell me a taxi back from the airport when I called at 2:45. I won't use this facility again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank your for your comments. Our van does depart from the hotel on the hour and half hour and does arrive at Dulles approximately 5-10 minutes after. The arrival area for pickup is 2H. We apologize if there was delay in your pickup.
I would also like to suggest that you consider staying at our hotel on your next visit to Dulles Airport and enjoy all our amenities the Crowne Plaza Dulles has to offer in addition to our parking package.

Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed here two nights on a reward night booking. Everything was clean, bright and well kept. There is a great indoor pool and hot tub complete with lifeguard, a Houlihan's Restaurant attached, and several other restaurants plus a 7-11 within walking distance, which are all convenient if you are flying in and won't have a car. We didn't use the shuttle but it came and went frequently and goes to the airport as well as several local businesses per the signage. On Wednesday night there was a Manager's reception in the lobby which offered complimentary drinks (including wine and beer) and snacks which was a nice little bonus. The location isn't very convenient for DC tourists unless you have a car, since there wasn't much by way of public transportation that far out, but the drive into the city was reasonable enough if you do have a car. Overall I would recommend highly!

Room Tip: We had a tower room, which was the back half of the hotel away from the busy main road.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles and that you were able to take advantage of all our services and amenities, including the indoor pool and hot tub, Houlihan's Restaurant and our weekly Complimentary Manager's Reception on Wednesday evenings.
Our convenient location within walking distance to many shops, restaurants and a multiplex movie theatre makes us very popular with travelers. Although we are a suburban location, there is public transportation access by bus to Washington D.C. attractions. The upcoming Silver line of metro will also stop in nearby Reston by early 2014. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Dulles/ Washington D.C. area!

Sharon Cummiskey

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!