“Great amenities and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Midwest
“Great amenities and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

We stayed here two nights on a reward night booking. Everything was clean, bright and well kept. There is a great indoor pool and hot tub complete with lifeguard, a Houlihan's Restaurant attached, and several other restaurants plus a 7-11 within walking distance, which are all convenient if you are flying in and won't have a car. We didn't use the shuttle but it came and went frequently and goes to the airport as well as several local businesses per the signage. On Wednesday night there was a Manager's reception in the lobby which offered complimentary drinks (including wine and beer) and snacks which was a nice little bonus. The location isn't very convenient for DC tourists unless you have a car, since there wasn't much by way of public transportation that far out, but the drive into the city was reasonable enough if you do have a car. Overall I would recommend highly!

Room Tip: We had a tower room, which was the back half of the hotel away from the busy main road.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our Crowne Plaza Dulles and that you were able to take advantage of all our services and amenities, including the indoor pool and hot tub, Houlihan's Restaurant and our weekly Complimentary Manager's Reception on Wednesday evenings.
Our convenient location within walking distance to many shops, restaurants and a multiplex movie theatre makes us very popular with travelers. Although we are a suburban location, there is public transportation access by bus to Washington D.C. attractions. The upcoming Silver line of metro will also stop in nearby Reston by early 2014. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to the Dulles/ Washington D.C. area!

371 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had a banquet for 60 plus people. Jay and his staff couldn't have provided better service. They moved us to a room that accommodated our group well. The food and service were excellent. We would be delighted to host another event with Jay and his team.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kathy,

We are so pleased that you and your group enjoyed the banquet that you had here. Our Catering Director, Jay Bhalla, and his banquet and catering team do an wonderful job. They have recentlly been awarded Wedding Wire's top Brides' Choice Award for the second consecutive year. We look forward to hosting your group again in the future!

Niles, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here four times in the month of April. Either dropping him off or picking him up from a flight at Dulles. Our first three stays were wonderful. Rooms on the 7th floor, great amenities, etc. As Priority Members, all was as expected. The fourth night, given a room on the fourth floor, dirty glasses by the door(that were still there when we checked out the next morning), no welcome basket, no robes, desk staff wasn't helpful, left us wondering if we had gone to the wrong hotel. If it had been for more than one night, I probably would have made a fuss. We would probably try them again, but be more emphatic about what we wanted.
The area was great. Lots of resturants within walking distance and a Houlihans attached to the hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Mrs. Smith,

We are pleased that you have enjoyed your past stays at our hotel this month. Our popular Houlihan's Restaurant has its patio now open, so hopefully on your next stay you can enjoy al fresco dining at Houlihan's. The 7th floor guestrooms are club level and normally are an additional charge for the additional amenities. As a priority club guest, we are happy to accommodate upgrade requests based upon availability.
Our staff hopes to have the opportunity to host you and your husband again the next time you are in the Herndon/ Dulles area!

United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for five days while my husband was on a course. Everything was great! The room was spacious and well kept. The bed was clean and comfy. There was a fridge, microwave and safe. In room tv and movie selections were varied. Housekeeping staff were efficient and friendly. The front desk staff were very helpful. We enjoyed the Manager's reception. Houlihan's Restaurant was wonderful for both dining and room service options. The hotel facilities are well maintained and clean. The hotel location is well placed for proximity to the airport, the highway, other restaurants and a movie theatre. It had everything we needed and more......

Stayed April 2012
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
We are glad that you enjoyed our guestroom amenities as well as the Houlihan's Restaurant and our weekly Manager's Reception. Our housekeeping department's great attention to detail is reflected when customers like yourself find everything well maintained.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to stay with us again whenever you are in the Dulles area!

50onthego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

I did the "blind" booking on Priceline, and we were booked at the Crowne Plaza. I immediately checked Trip Advisor, and after reading so many negative reviews about this place, I was sorely concerned. I'm pretty picky, and this being the first night of our vacation, I really didn't want it to start out on the wrong foot.

Fortunately, it did not. Honestly, the lobby of this place is beautiful. The rooms are spacious and airy. It all seemed very clean to me (and I'm extremely picky about cleanliness), and pleasantly decorated. The beds were extremely comfortable.

I just have to say everything about this place is very nice and well done. The only thing I noticed that bugs me (being picky:), was the lack of quality grouting work around the tub/shower and the "dirty" space between tile and walls in the bathroom.

They also have a nice seating area outside that serves food and drink...a great welcome for Minnesotans finding a warm night in the spring to enjoy the outdoors.

No worries about staying here!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for your very nice comments regarding our Crowne Plaza hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed both our lobby area as well as our guest rooms. Our Houlihan's Restaurant & Bar is very popular and it's outside patio is already in use with the seasonable weather we have had recently. I will also provide your comments regarding the tub grout to our engineering department.
We hope you will visit us again during your next visit to the Dulles/ Washington D.C. area!

Pace, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This was my second stay at the Crowne Plaza Dulles and I must say I was not as happy as I was the first time.

Upon check in I was told I was given an "upgraded" room because I was a member of the Priority Club however the room I had was the same as the rest of the other one I stayed in. It's the room I paid for, no upgrade.

The bed was comfortable. I had a hard time getting the A/C & Heat to get the room to a good temperature but that could've just been the time of year I was there.

The room wasn't in very good repair. The wallpaper was falling off the wall and there were stains in the tub in the bathroom. The bathroom is also EXTREMELY small. One of the absolute smallest I've ever stayed in. I was in a "tower" room this time and I wasn't before but I don't remember the room I stayed in before having that small of a bathroom.

Service in the hotel bar/restaurant was sub-par. Only received one refill on my drink and they weren't even that busy. The bartender was not friendly and it was not a welcoming experience.

Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was ok. Not a lot of choices but it was free for me.

Overall it's ok but I think on my next trip I will look for an alternative.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
scummiskey, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay. While our tower guestrooms are all oversized at 325 sq. ft, their bathrooms, while standard size, are smaller than the bathrooms in the main building. If you prefer an oversized bathroom, you may want to request the main building again for your next reservation.
Our maintenance staff regularly completes inspections of all guestrooms. If you notice anything amiss with your room, please do not hesistate during your stay to let us know and we will be happy to repair the problem, as well as move you to another room if you choose.
We hope you will consider our hotel again on your next visit to the Dulles area.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

This hotel is a strange hotel for being rated a 3 star.. The location is very good for Dulles airport but after that plus..it goes all down hill.

Sterile lobby with no personality with a strange separate sitting area with all the chairs pushed back upon the wall and one flat screen television..

Hotel staff all very well intentioned but ineffectual to solve problems.

Dirty food trays stayed out in hallway for almost 24 hours.

Room with the MOST UNCOMFORTABLE furniture I have ever stayed in.. In a King size room...there is only one very SMALL, narrow throne styled chair like something from Alice in Wonderland.. that is fit for a child or small woman.. not for a man.. I am just average size and had to sit on my bed to watch TV for the evening. I asked if there were other chairs available and was told no.. normally a room of this size and category would have a sofa or much larger chair.. The chair looks nice but the hotel designer/decorator should be fired for this project.

Don't stay here if you want to be comfortable for the evening.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you liked our convenient location just two miles from Dulles Airport. We also provide complimentary 24-hr shuttle service to/from Dulles Airport.
We appreciate your feedback regarding the guestroom chair. We keep all guest suggestions as we continually make upgrades to our hotel. We have just completed renovations of all our elevators this month in response to past customer suggestions as well as part of our ongoing upgrades.

Sharon Cummiskey

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!