“Best Business Deal Stay in Herndon” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Herndon, Virginia
“Best Business Deal Stay in Herndon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

The Crowne Plaza staff, in particular Ms. Alves, have been exceptional to work with in trying to keep up with my business schedule needs. My team members have each commented on numerous occassions about how professional and accommodating the staff are in providing a great hotel experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Hello BKYLLC and thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts about our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport and our manager, Leslie Alves. Leslie is an experienced hotelier and understands our overall mission of meeting our guests' expectations.

I enjoy the perspectives from all different types of guests and am especially pleased that we are meeting the needs of a business operator like you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

This hotel is close to the airport, and within walking distance to shops, numerous restaurants, and even a movie theater. The rooms are comfortable, and clean. The hotel staff is accommodating, and helpful. The manager, Leslie Alves, went out of her way to book us rooms throughout the month, and always makes sure we have an enjoyable stay. When you travel as much as we do, it's nice to return to a hotel where they know your name, and make you feel at home.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Greetings Kyongju and thank you for the kind thoughts about our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport, and especially the thoughtful mention of our manager, Leslie Alves. Leslie is a hard-working hotelier who is very important to our overall goal of meeting our customer's expectations.

We appreciate your partronage but especially your kindness.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

Great location, great facility...even better staff. Always made welcome and everyone accommodates us to the fullest extent possible. Rooms are great, FREE high speed wifi all over including the bar.
Bar has good staff and good food. Never disappoints.
Hotel front desk is exceptional.
Great variety of places to eat, shop, visit, movies all within a few blocks. Most places across the street.
Reliable transport to and from IAD.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind and helpful comments Las Vegas. Your thoughts not only warm our hearts but will likely be very useful to other Tripadvisor users who are plannig visits to the Dulles Airport/Herndon Virgnia area.

We appreciate your business and your wonderful thoughts.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I like the service of this hotel the best. It begins when I contact the hotel for reservation. The front desk staff recognizes me right away, especially Leslie Alves who is the Assistant Front Office Manager. Then when I check in, the front desk has my room reserved already based on my preference. The hotel has a nice tower (7 stories) and I usually stay on the top floor with access to its executive lounge (being a priority club member) where I enjoy my complimentary continential breakfast and coffee/light snack after work. The room is clean. This is a smoke-free hotel and the staff has kept it that way. There is a 37 inch flat screen TV with more channels than I ever need. There is a micro-wave and small fridge in the room. The bathroom is clean and fully stocked with amenities and extra roll of toilet papers. Also, the room temperature can be controlled with ease. Oh, there is free/fast wireless internet connection and a comfortable work desk and chair to work if I need to catch up. To top it all, there is free shuttle to and from the Dulles Airport and a reliable and friendly corporate shuttle to take me to work and pick me up after work.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hello NYC and Thank you for the time you took to share your thoughts about our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport and of our hotel manager, Leslie Alves. Leslie is a hard-working hotel professional who is critical to our goals of meeting our guest expectations.

In particular I think your detailed comments will be very useful to other Tripadvisor users when selecting hotel needs in the Dulles Airport Corridor of the Washington DC area.

Thank you for cheering our day!

Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I travel to and stay at this hotel one night on a weekly basis.

My sincere compliments and accolades are directed to the Assistant Front Office Manager, Ms. Leslie Alves. Ms. Alves always handles my reservations and any requests I may have in the most proficient and professional manner. When I check in, Ms. Alves is usually at the front desk. She and all of her front desk staff never fail to welcome me with a broad, genuine smile that is accompanied with a warm and cheerful greeting.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Greetings MissiesMom and thank you very much for the time you took to share these wonderful comments of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport and of our Leslie Alves. Leslie is a terrific hotel professional and plays a very important part of the hotel's committment to meeting guest expectations. It was very kind of you to share these lovely thoughts.

Thank you for making our day!

Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I have been staying at the Dulles Crowne Plaza several nights a week for several months. Starting with the front desk and Leslie Alves, I am always warmly welcomed and feel very much part of the family there. Amenities are very comfortable and the location is perfect for nearly anywhere I need to visit in the area. Nice resturant attached and a covered garage for most parking nights. All in all a great stay and a great value. Would and do recommend it to many of my traveling colleauges. 30 years of business travel 1.5M miles. Where I stay is important to me. I like it here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for you kind comments Glenmoore Pennsylvania. We appreciate the time you took to share the helpful detail but it was also very kind of you to mention Leslie. She is a great hotel professional and helps lead our concern for meeting our customer expectations. Thank you for your business. We can't wait to see you again.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

The service starts when you enter the front lobby and are met by a person who smiles and welcomes you to their hotel. Check-in was a breeze, all my information was correct from the booking and the room was in great shape. I live in the country and normally have an issue with street lights shining in my room, but the curtains were of excellent quality to block out the lights when I need it most. The trip from the hotel to downtown Washington takes about 30 minutes and it is highway all the way until you reach Constitution Blvd and the Whitehouse. Very easy to find and located close to tons of restaurants (if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Thank you for your detailed and helpful (and very kind) review or our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. I am glad we met your expectations and in particular that the staff did their part. I thought the comment about the "street lights" was very funny because it happens to be a personal pet peeve of mine.

You're the Best Ottawa Canada! I hope we can serve you again in the future.

Innkeeper

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!