“Extremely professional services at all ends” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
New York City, New York
“Extremely professional services at all ends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

I like the service of this hotel the best. It begins when I contact the hotel for reservation. The front desk staff recognizes me right away, especially Leslie Alves who is the Assistant Front Office Manager. Then when I check in, the front desk has my room reserved already based on my preference. The hotel has a nice tower (7 stories) and I usually stay on the top floor with access to its executive lounge (being a priority club member) where I enjoy my complimentary continential breakfast and coffee/light snack after work. The room is clean. This is a smoke-free hotel and the staff has kept it that way. There is a 37 inch flat screen TV with more channels than I ever need. There is a micro-wave and small fridge in the room. The bathroom is clean and fully stocked with amenities and extra roll of toilet papers. Also, the room temperature can be controlled with ease. Oh, there is free/fast wireless internet connection and a comfortable work desk and chair to work if I need to catch up. To top it all, there is free shuttle to and from the Dulles Airport and a reliable and friendly corporate shuttle to take me to work and pick me up after work.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2011
Hello NYC and Thank you for the time you took to share your thoughts about our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport and of our hotel manager, Leslie Alves. Leslie is a hard-working hotel professional who is critical to our goals of meeting our guest expectations.

In particular I think your detailed comments will be very useful to other Tripadvisor users when selecting hotel needs in the Dulles Airport Corridor of the Washington DC area.

Thank you for cheering our day!

David Welliver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I travel to and stay at this hotel one night on a weekly basis.

My sincere compliments and accolades are directed to the Assistant Front Office Manager, Ms. Leslie Alves. Ms. Alves always handles my reservations and any requests I may have in the most proficient and professional manner. When I check in, Ms. Alves is usually at the front desk. She and all of her front desk staff never fail to welcome me with a broad, genuine smile that is accompanied with a warm and cheerful greeting.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Greetings MissiesMom and thank you very much for the time you took to share these wonderful comments of our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport and of our Leslie Alves. Leslie is a terrific hotel professional and plays a very important part of the hotel's committment to meeting guest expectations. It was very kind of you to share these lovely thoughts.

Thank you for making our day!

Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I have been staying at the Dulles Crowne Plaza several nights a week for several months. Starting with the front desk and Leslie Alves, I am always warmly welcomed and feel very much part of the family there. Amenities are very comfortable and the location is perfect for nearly anywhere I need to visit in the area. Nice resturant attached and a covered garage for most parking nights. All in all a great stay and a great value. Would and do recommend it to many of my traveling colleauges. 30 years of business travel 1.5M miles. Where I stay is important to me. I like it here.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for you kind comments Glenmoore Pennsylvania. We appreciate the time you took to share the helpful detail but it was also very kind of you to mention Leslie. She is a great hotel professional and helps lead our concern for meeting our customer expectations. Thank you for your business. We can't wait to see you again.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

The service starts when you enter the front lobby and are met by a person who smiles and welcomes you to their hotel. Check-in was a breeze, all my information was correct from the booking and the room was in great shape. I live in the country and normally have an issue with street lights shining in my room, but the curtains were of excellent quality to block out the lights when I need it most. The trip from the hotel to downtown Washington takes about 30 minutes and it is highway all the way until you reach Constitution Blvd and the Whitehouse. Very easy to find and located close to tons of restaurants (if you don't want to eat at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2011
Thank you for your detailed and helpful (and very kind) review or our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. I am glad we met your expectations and in particular that the staff did their part. I thought the comment about the "street lights" was very funny because it happens to be a personal pet peeve of mine.

You're the Best Ottawa Canada! I hope we can serve you again in the future.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

The Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel is the best alternative for travelers that pretend to spend one or a few nights in DC.
I am Brazilian but have been living in Central Virginia for almost 3 years, and have flown to and from Dulles several times. I have stayed on different properties many times before trying this hotel in August 2010, when I visited with my wife, two young kids and mother-in-law, who was returning to Brazil. We spend a couple of nights and our stay was wonderful. The rooms are spacious and well furnished, they have a nice indoor pool and a fine alternative for restaurant inside the property. There are also several dining and shopping options less than a mile from the hotel.
I then spent two nights in December 2010 and January 2011, enjoying the hotel Stay and Park rate, which allowed me to use their covered parking garage (great for the winter in DC) while traveling with the family to Brazil. These last stays were just as great as the first one, and I will definitely go back the next time I need to be in the Dulles area.
Their staff, at the front desk, restaurant, pool, housekeeping and shuttle, is amazing, extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
We love your review "Maesano" and sincerely appreciate the time you took to share these thoughts. Your detailed comments will no doubt be very helpful to your fellow Tripadvisor user. I am so happy we meet your expectations and have earned your repeat business.

We can't wait to serve you again in the future.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

The east coast was a nightmare during the Boxing Day snowstorm and I had to travel to Washington, normally a 5 hour drive from NY, to Dulles to pick up someone. The ride took 8.5 hours in the snow. I looked on my GPS for nearby hotels (YEAHHHH GARMIN!) and found the Crowne Plaza Dulles. The desk was friendly when I called and told me I could catch the last shuttle. I said we would be driving over and they said they had plenty of rooms. Check in was quick and we were in our room in less than 5 minutes. The only problem was we were starving and the restaurant had closed for the night (it was around 11pm). No one at the front desk could give us clear directions to even a diner in the area. Taco Bell is in the same parking lot but they didn't answer and we were forced to eat sandwiches from the 7-11 across the street. However, I am glad this hotel was there and would recommend it to travelers passing through Dulles.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Hello New York and thank you for taking the time to record you thoughts about your "blizzard" visit to our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. We are not fans of snow-storms but I have to say that the guests staying with us during that particular snow storm were in great spirits. Usually it is a bunch of folks who expected to be on a cruise ship somewhere and not in a Herndon Virginia snow storm. Some of our guests even built us a snow man in front of the hotel. So thank you for your complimentary review but allow me to compliment you for making the best out of a rocky situation and helping make the entire experience as pleasant as possible for everyone.

Yours Truly,

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I arrived here for a one night stay at midnight. The Check-In process was very efficient, and the clerk asked me what time I wanted a wake-up call so I didn't even have to think about it. Very Friendly and helpful.

The room was typical Crown Plaza standard - Excellent.

The executive room was great for a quick breakfast the next morning. Good selection of fresh pastries and good selection of coffes and teas. Covered parking is nice.

Price was reasonable for a Crowne Plaza in the DC area, which means it is not any value, just a good place to stay without getting gouged..

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Dulles, Owner at Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Thank you for the taking the time to share you kind comments regarding your recent visit to our Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport. You brought some much needed cheer to the team today as we stand around with our snow shovels. We work very hard to meet our customer's expectations and it is very gratifying when we hear of a good guest experience.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and cheering us up Dallas Texas.

Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport

Been to Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!