“Great deal, great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Northern Virginia
“Great deal, great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

For a great place to stay, look no further than Hampton Inns. For this class of hotel, at this price point, they are the best.

In general Hampton Inns are very well run and well maintained hotels for very reasonable prices. This one was no exception.

The decor was modern and everything was clean and very nice.

With a complimentary shuttle to Dulles Airport and a great, complimentary breakfast in the morning, this is an excellent choice for any type of travel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2009

I stayed at this hotel based on reviews that I saw on tripadvisor, and I was not disappointed. Very nicely decorated, clean, and good value. It has the feel of a much more expensive hotel. Granite countertops, flat screen TV's, good breakfast. You won't be disappointed. About 25 minutes from D.C. (nice drive too).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2008

My son and I had a great three night stay at the Hampton. We enjoyed everything about it. The rooms were nice and very clean. Although we didn't use it, there was a small refrigerator and microwave. The lobby was lovely. They had a teriffic complimentary breakfast buffet. And when we returned to the hotel after being out, I enjoyed complimentary hot chocolate as well as tea in the evening in the lobby. The staff was very helpful. They picked us up at the airport within 15 minutes of our calling. They also drove us to destinations within 3 miles of the hotel. We visited the Reston Town Center several times. They have some nice restaurants, a movie theatre, shops and even an outdoor ice rink. My son enjoyed the workout room and the pool/hot tub. The only complaint would be that the pool area is not open until 5:00 P.M. on weekdays. We would definetely recommend the Hampton Inn!

• Liked — The room was very clean and comfortable
  • Disliked — Pool hours
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Northern CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

I agree with the previous 5 star reviews of this Hampton Inn. I enjoy hotels that are business oriented (i.e. not many frills but great basic service), especially when the price is priced low during the weekends. The hotel was clean and inviting, close to Dulles airport, efficient check-in and breakfast service, mini-store actually had things I could want (microwave popcorn, Healthy Choice dinners, juices, etc), and the room's high-speed Internet (my lifeblood) was dependable and free.

Two minor complaints: yes, the thermostat was confusing to set, and the room rate tripled after my 3-night weekend stay so I had to move to another hotel during the workweek. This rate adjustment is consistent with other hotels in the airport area, but I hated to leave based on my cheapskate mentality, LOL. I needed to work further south towards Manassas anyway, so just went to another Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Clean, business-like surroundings
  • Disliked — Rate hikes during workweek
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
SoCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2008

I've traveled all over the U.S. and am currently visiting Virginia (first time) from southern California. I had the pleasure of staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Herndon for 2 weeks prior to leaving for Iraq. Unbelievable hotel! The first thing I noticed was that everything was extremely clean. The decor in the lobby was outstanding (you gotta see the ventetian plaster on the ceiling) and the decor in my suite was modern and comfortable, not cheesy-looking like a lot of other hotels that cost the same amount. The bed was extremely comfortable and had plenty of soft pillows. I could've laid there all day. The continental breakfast was VERY good, serving several different types of coffee, teas, and a wide variety of breakfast items, not just cereal and pastries. There's plenty of tables in the lobby to eat at as well, (reminded me of a Starbucks eating area; warm and inviting) so you don't have to go down, get your food and come back to your room. They've got a nice workout facility, a hot-tub and pool, and a small shoppette to purchase various items like toiletries, etc. They also offer complimentary bicycles if you have an inkling to get out and get some fresh air.
The girls at the front desk had a great sense of humor, were knowledgable with directions and engaged in everyday small talk with their customers, not just all business. It's like you were staying with good friends!!!
Excellent hotel, very reasonable! Highly Highly Highly satisfied!
Brad V.

• Liked — Warm and inviting...the decor as well as the staff.
  • Disliked — Parking lot access
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

This is one of the few times when I believe Trip Advisor set my expectations a little high for a hotel. The Hampton Inn and Suites was a very, very nice hotel. The lobby is amazing looking. The hotel is spotless and smells new. I went thru the hotel's website and only paid $69 a night which is an absolute steal. I would've paid $200 for a hotel this nice.

I did have a few minor complaints about the hotel. As a previous reviewer stated the thermostat is hard to operate. I am pretty savvy with how to work electronics but this thing was just hard to figure out. It looks to me like they wouldn't allow you to set the temp to below 68. Most people probably wouldn't mind this but I like to keep a room cool after a hot day away and it was rather warm outside. I couldn't tell if I had the AC on or the fan was just blowing on it. This was my main complaint about the room. We booked a suite which was so roomy and nice. Had a small couch, a chair, a bar, fridge everything you could ask for. The TV was on a stand facing away from the bed, which was easy to solve by turning to face the bed. This hotel like many others I have been to had a really crappy remote to the TV. I don't understand why a hotel which has only the best things inside including a HDTV would have a remote that you had to bang on and press down hard on the buttons to change channels. I was also disappointed with the bed. I read some reviews on here raving about how nice the bed was but I found it very average for a hotel bed. I also didn't care for how the bathroom was laid out. It was right next to the bed. The sink and light above would shine right in the person eyes trying to sleep on the bed and gave you little privacy to get ready. The breakfast was excellent. They had a huge variety of food. I saw Yogurt, danishes, biscuits, cereal, muffins, fruit, coffee, and I believe you could also make waffles. One of the best breakfast spreads I've experienced in a hotel and it was all free. It advertised it til 10am, I went down at 950am and alot of hotels will start to clean up by this point or have little to no food but there was still plenty fresh food left. We had a very end room of the hotel and the stairway exit door was quite loud through the night....I'm guessing other rooms not near this it is much quieter.

With all that being said. I would still recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. It was in a very quiet area near the Dulles Toll Road. Anyone who is coming in from the west suck it up and pay the small fee to use the Dulles Toll Road. I decided to be cheap and come in on Route 7 but there was a bunch of stop lights and they were also doing lots of road construction. On the way back I used the Dulles Toll Road which cost $3.30 but the speed limit is 65 and all highway driving. There aren't many fast food joints in the immediate area. About a 4 minute drive was a Wendy's. Don't think twice about booking a room here, but just don't let Trip Advisor boost the expectations up too high. :)

• Liked — How clean the hotel was
  • Disliked — The thermostat being hard to operate
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
St. Louis, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

This is the first time I've stayed in a Hampton Inn and I will admit I'm impressed. Not that it's that hard as this property cannot be more than 5 years old--and, judging from the lack of noticeable wear and tear on the rooms, it is probably younger. Since it is new, the rooms are decorated in a fresh, modern style. Very relaxing color palette of burnt orange and a sandy color. I was given a marvelous king suite with granite counter top wet bar, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The room also had a nice sofa & chair with coffee table and desk with chair. The bed is Hampton's new "Cloud Nine - The Hampton Inn Experience" and has to be one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in! Other amenities include 2 night stands, ample lighting, a 32" flat screen TV, 2 phones, complementary wireless high speed Internet, and a clock/alarm radio with music station presets (classical, rock, jazz, etc.).

The bathroom is split with the toilet and shower in a room with a door and the sink/vanity outside. Bathroom lighting is ample in the vanity area (a must for us women who wear makeup!) and the vanity top is granite as well. Standard bathroom amenities are included: hair dryer, shower cap, shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, lotion, soaps and a vanity kit. Between the vanity and the shower/toilet room is a large closet along the wall which includes a full length mirror and stores the iron and ironing board.

The hotel does not include many other amenities--to be expected for a Hampton Inn. There is a nice swimming pool area with whirlpool and a small fitness center. The fitness equipment is nice Precor brand stuff, all with TV's attached so you can watch your own show. The free weights and other exercise equipment (some fitness balls and floor pads) are all very nice and new still. Towels are provided and there is a drinking fountain in the fitness center. A hot breakfast with continental items is served every morning. This is no full buffet but you can find some type of protein along with fruit, biscuits, a variety of breads, cereals, fruit juices and hot drinks (coffee and tea). A complimentary shuttle is available from Dulles International Airport to the hotel. The shuttle van was new and clean and the ride was only about 10 minutes.

The hotel staff were very friendly on check-in and my arrival back to the hotel each day.

My complaints are MINOR: 1) I'm having a hard time adjusting the room temperature. There is a thermostat on the wall but it does not cool the room to the set temperature. Also the a/c unit's fan runs continuously. The white noise is OK for me but others may not like the fact that there's a breeze blowing the whole time. 2) The shower curtain is not long enough and difficult to keep inside the shower when the shower is running. I found that you have to close the door to the shower/toilet room first, then turn on the shower. However, a curtain liner would be a better solution. 3) The fitness center is nice but small. Only 1 elliptical, 1 treadmill and 1 recumbent bicycle. Would be nice to have 1 more treadmill as the fitness center was very popular. 4) Despite the fact that I'm a Hilton HHonors member (silver, quickly moving to gold) they would not delay my checkout by 1 hour past the late check out time of 2pm. I didn't push the issue when I asked. 5) Was very disappointed to discover that the alarm/clock radio does not have an MP3 input jack. Got very used to these at other Hilton properties--nice feature to play a little of your own background music.

So, you can see that my complaints are very minor. Overall I had a great experience at this Hampton Inn. This was for a business trip but I would definitely stay here for personal travel, too.

• Liked — The nicely decorated, comfortable rooms.
  • Disliked — Small fitness center.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston? Share your experiences!