“My preferred hotel in Reston/Herndon” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Reston, Virginia
“My preferred hotel in Reston/Herndon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I travel to Reston between 6 - 12 times in a year, staying a week at a time. This Hampton Inn has been my preferred hotel because of the location, nice rooms, the very good breakfast, and the flexible shuttle service. But most importantly I stay here because of the excellent staff. Everyone is very friendly, and goes out of their way to make my stay pleasant. Of special note are the front desk and breakfast staff. Since I stay with them so much the staff recognizes and greets me personally which makes my stay even better.

Room Tip: For me the best rooms are the third and fourth floor even numbers king rooms above 22. They face ou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Nice hotel--new, appealing lobby, not the standard ugly Hampton Inn box. But for some reason, my room is sealed in Kryptonite: I can barely hold onto a cell call (never, ever an issue), and my email connection over the free wifi is spotty. I called the front desk, which had received no complaints, so not sure what's up with that, but it's annoying.

The other concern is the price: $200 w/AAA for a standard Hampton Inn room is a bit steep out here in the burbs, as I could get the same rate at a new HI in the heart of DC (if only my client would've let me stay there). I was too lazy to work out this morning (l-a-t-e-r, I promise myself), but the indoor pool and gym area look quite nice for a Hampton.

However, the best part of this hotel is Sonia, the breakfast assistant/lady/chef/cleaner. I have never, in 44,000 hotel stays, encountered someone as friendly and helpful and just overall PLEASANT. Always smiling, checking on her guests, and supremely helpful. Let's face it: rising at 4am to serve free breakfast to grumpy road warriors is probably a thankless job, but she relishes it and her smile and demeanor completely transform the breakfast experience. KUDOS to SONIA!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The location of this hotel is relatively convenient to most areas in Reston, VA, and priced better than many hotels for those of you on a "business budget." The lobby area is large and the rooms updated. Breakfast includes hot and cold options. The staff is very courteous and conscientious, ready to help with any needs. The shuttle service will not only take you to and from the airport (upon request - call when you land), but to other places in the area. The only downside to this property is the size of the fitness room. While it offers quite a bit in a very small space (recumbent bike, elliptical, treadmill, free weights, balls, and mats), it is “crowded” with two people.

Room Tip: Asked for low-end even numbers to avoid being near road.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Directions were off a bit but it was a great location. Good rooms, excellent value. Better than average breakfast. Very quiet location. Looked full from the parking lot, but very quiet.

I recommend a room away from the elevators.

I booked early and saved a lot. It is the best deal near the airport. The staff and facility rock.

• Stayed December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful especially the breakfast staff. The breakfasts were tasty and varied with fruit,eggs,meat,waffles,yogurt,fruit and juices and really great coffee. Shuttle service was provided to airport and Metro pick-up.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Mike P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Sue H,
Thanks so much for your positive review! I’m glad you enjoyed staying at our property. And I am thrilled you guys took the time to enjoy our hot breakfast each morning.
We hope to serve you again on your next visit to the Herndon and Washington-Dulles area.
All the best,
Mike and your friends at the Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

this is my second time here in the Fairfax County (VA) and I must admit that this one stay I had can be considered even better than my first one, which one excellent itself. my overall rating is 5 out of 5. let me first mention the name of Mr Srinivas, at the front desk, which I'd like to personally thank for his awesome customer caring, kindness and professionalism. a rare example, nowadays, and I have to add that sometimes even us italians may have something to learn from foreign countries when it comes to hospitality in tourism, where we supposedly are "star players".
anyway, I was staying at room 329, quiet and comfortable, large and VERY clean, with a nice bathroom, smartly divided into two spaces - so that "he" might be showering while "she" might be putting makeup on, without thereby prejudicing their respective privacy - a spacious bed and available pay tv with movies on demand.
many other cherries on top, from now on: complimentary access to gym and pool, a good selection of food in the included breakfast - served from 6 to 10 am - and complimentary 24/7 wi-fi in-room connection... oh yea but, what if your amazing netbook decides to suddenly irreversibly CRASH out of nowhere right in the middle of your business travel, making you believe that you're not gonna enjoy much of the aforementioned complimentary 24/7 wi-fi in-room connection? well, at least you're not gonna lose another single byte of world wide web from that, as a "business center" with two desktop computers, both elegantly wired to the internet, are also available to customers from 6 am to midnight.
alright, 100% satisfied, 100% recommended inn... and literally no way to find anything I could complain about! like, seriously!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Franz_Romano,
I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.
It will be such a pleasure sharing your compliments with Srinivas, and he will be honored that you mentioned him by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize him for a job well done! We are truly lucky to have team members that care so much about our guests and Srinivas especially has always been a star among our team and her energy and non-stop wanting to help and assist is contagious.
On behalf of our entire staff at Hampton Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Mike Patel
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night owing to some "emergency" renovation work to my house which required a wall to be opened up.

Snagged a rate of $65.00 a night which in the DC area is usually resvered for the no-tel motel class.

Checkin was quick and efficient with the front desk staff accomodating request for 1) a room away from the elevator, and 2) a switch from a King bed to two queens.

We were towards the end of the building which was fine, although the free WiFi signal was quite weak on both my laptop and my wife's laptop.

The room was well appointed and spacious. The kids gobbled up the pretzels. Two drawbacks to watch: 1) the continuing Hilton/HGI/Hampton trend of using small square pillows which are ANNOYGING and 2) the continuing new construction in hotels to NOT have baths (showers only).

Anyhow, slept well through the night. AC worked fine and kept the room at an even 70 degrees without being noisy.

Breakfast was quite good - eggs, potatoes (which were actually crisp and not totally soggy), and Canadian bacon for the hot entrees; cereal; yogurt; plentiful fruit; pastries; etc. All available quantities. Kitchen staff was pleasant.

Would definitely stay here again if the need arose.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello itrade,
Thank you for letting us serve you during your time of renovation. Our breakfast host Sonia does pride herself on making sure our breakfast is a great jump start for our guests. We are always here to assist with your needs and maybe even just a weekend out to enjoy as we do have shuttle services to Reston Town Center and other nearby areas for your dining, entertainment, and shopping enjoyment. We can't wait to serve you again.
Thanks,
Mike P

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston? Share your experiences!