“A clean comfortable business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Tampa, Florida
“A clean comfortable business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

I stayed for one night during a business trip to Reston. The reservations were correct and there were no odd charges on the bill. The room was large and bed very comfortable. All furnishings were new and clean. the suite also had a large kitchen and sofa area separated from the bed by a small half wall. I would call it more of an efficiency than a suite, but comfortable for two. A nice size plasma tv with full digital cable made the evening enjoyable. In the morning, the breakfast was hot and filling. About what you get at Embassy without the chef's area. I prefer to get my own food anyways.
The hotel is just off the airport access road with dining and shopping nearby. A good place if you are traveling by air and visting DC.
There is wireless internet, but it's not the quickest in the world. This has more to do with wireless than the internet. I would always prefer the guarenteed speed and stability of a wired connection.
The only glitch was that I had asked for a late checkout and went to work early in the morning. When I returned at 11, the maid had already pulled the sheets and started to turn the room around. I was dissapointed, as I had the room till 1pm and now had no place to strech out. Since the maid wasn't actually in the room, I notifed the front desk, closed the door, and relaxed on the couch. I was glad I had packed all my gear, because the room was wide open.

Room Tip: Use Hilton Honors for best deals
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hampton_Herndon, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Hi GeorgeNovak,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your experience staying with us.

We are very happy to hear that you had a great time staying at our hotel. We do our best to provide a warm and welcoming experience for all of our guests. We apologize if there was any inconvenience caused with the internet service and housekeeping. We are currently working on solutions to speed up the connectivity so guests can have an even better experience. We will also work with housekeeping to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you when you are in the area again!

The Hampton Inn and Suites Herndon-Reston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
crab cakes and football
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

This hotel was wonderful. It was clean and new. However, breakfast could of been a bit better and the internet was a tad slow.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

We arrived at Dullas and were picked up by the Hotel Courtesy Bus and taken to the Hotel about 5 miles away. At the Hotel we were checked in quickly and efficiently and went to our room. The room was a Jnr Suite which was large but cozy and well furnished. The Hotel is extremely well managed and extremely clean. There is a complimentary full hot breakfast and complimentary coffee 24 hours a day. We heard no airport noise or street noise as the Hotel is set well back from the main road.

The Hotel is about 1.2 miles from Historic Herndon and about 3 miles from Reston Town Center. There are loads of restaurants close by.

The only couple of negatives were, the windows do not open and there were no glasses, plates or silverware in the kitchenette which had a fridge, microwave and sink.

We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay the extra few bucks and get the Junior Suite.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Hi stephgab ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your experience staying with us.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable. We do everything we can to make our guests feel at home and take care of all their needs. We apologize for any inconvenience caused with not having glasses, plates or silverware in the rooms.

We look forward to the opportunity to you again in the future!

The Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston Team
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

As do most in this area, this hotel slashes its prices on weekends to attract business. I had a great room for $79 on Friday night. New, wonderful king bed and linens, a work desk with good internet, large bathroom, nicely decorated with textures and neutral colors, everything working. The hotel had a small but good fitness center with new equipment and an indoor pool with a lifeguard. My *only* hesitation in giving an Excellent review was that the scrambled eggs at breakfast had diced ham (in addition to bacon on this side) leaving no protein choice for vegetarians. This was the newer 2nd Hampton Inn I stayed at on my trip; the other one (in NJ) was a comparably good experience.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

Excellent value for expensive Herndon/Reston!

Great staff. Superbly clean room. Great cleaning service. Pool and fitness area. Free business center/printer. Free internet. Free continental breakfast that is of excellent quality and selection. Sooo incredibly happy to have changed to this hotel after a bad first night at Extended Stay America on Elden St.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Hello ddsan,

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were comfortable after a bad experience in another hotel. We do everything we can to make our guests feel at home and take care of all their needs.

We hope to see you again when you are in the area!

The Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston Team
Galloway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

After my husband and I decided a last minute trip with our 3 young children, we decided to head to Washington DC. Traveling when I was younger my dad taught us, don't stay in the city but look for something safe and fun for the kids. So my husband and I decided on the Hampton Inn and Suites in Herndon, VA. After a 5 hour trip from New Jersey to Washington (remember we were traveling with 3 children and no GPS...lol) we ended up at the hotel. Our reservation was confirmed with in about 3 seconds (no kidding) handed the key and we were welcomed! Wow!!! Too the speedy checkin. Getting into the room was another WOW! 2 Large queen size beds, huge bathroom, shower/bathtub combo, everything was beautiful and clean. The kids loved the indoor swimming pool. While the weather channel was predicting snow over night we were swimming. Would I recommend this hotel, ABSOLUTELY! Would we stay here again, WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT! Great Price, Friendly Staff, Great Locations! Watch out Hampton Inn/Herndon, Va.. We will be back :) :) :) :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
On The Road
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel a couple years ago and while it wasn't much of a memorable experience then - it was clean, comfortable, and served the need at hand - a night's lodging.

So when I made the reservation to stay here again to avoid the astronomical cost of staying in DC - I expected the same experience - nothing spectacular - but clean and comfortable. Was I ever wrong.
I knew I would be arriving late so I made sure to make note on my reservation that I would be late. So I arrived at the hotel - the door was locked, so I had to press an intercom button and the front desk staff had to come let me in the front door, which was a little annoying - but for the safety of the hotel staff - I understand.
Trouble started soon after that - I had selected this hotel due to the low nightly rate ($75.00) which in all reality was the same as other hotels in the area after checking the other hotels on Hilton's website. BUT here is where the problem started, I had made a reservation for two nights with the same rate. When the staff member handed me the slip to sign off on the rate, I noticed that my rate would change on my second night.
It would go from $75.00 to $175.00 - from one night to the next?!?!?!?!?!?!? What a difference a day makes - right?
So I pointed out the discrepancy from the reservation that I made and he said - "Well, our business week starts on Monday nights - Sunday is still part of the weekend rate." OK - yeah, I understand that - you want to gouge business travelers, but I don't want to play any part of that game. Just give me the rate that I booked! Sorry - he couldn't do that - he could only reduce the rate to $120.00 - WAIT - if you CAN reduce the rate to $120 - why did it take 10 minutes of tell me you couldn't - to get you to reduce the rate?!?!?!?!
I am not fond of liars or greedy hotels that allow you to reserve one rate on their site - but then tack on an additional $100 to your rate for your 2nd night.

So after changing my reservation to just the one night I made my way up to my room to find that it was hot, stuffy, and smelled dirty. I should have suspected when there was a good deal of random trash in the hallway and dried spilled coffee in the elevator.
So after situating my bags I went to change and use the restroom only to find that the bathroom floor was filthy. Dirt in the corners, toothpaste on the mirror, and hair (long strands of black hair) ALL OVER the towels. I was totally grossed out!
But since it was so late I just went to bed - and once again - another surprise, as I stepped up to the bed I stepped on a used plastic cup that was under the bed skirt (which hung on the floor because it was the wrong size for the bed). Great - more trash on the floor.

So after a night of fitful sleep because of all of the frustration - and the noisy fridge in the room - along with the noisy A/C unit kicking on and off every 15-20 minutes - and the baby screaming and crying in the room next door that I could hear plain as day thanks to the paper-thin walls. I got up and went to take a shower and then the fun continued - the shower had a handheld shower nozzle which had not other position than huddle under the showerhead - because it had no friction to hold any other position. Then there was the faucet set-up - one handle to control hot and cold - hotel usual - except this one had no temperate but extremely hot or extremely cold - because if you moved it to any position other than straight up or straight down - it would revert to the other position. There was no in-between - if you left it at an 11'clock position it slowly turned its way down to 6'oclock - so the shower was very unpleasant also due to the fact that the shower curtain kept sticking to me - and it only came down 1 inch into the tub - so I had to keep fighting to keep it inside the tub - as a result it ended up flooding the bathroom floor.
Then, due to the hair all over the towels - I tossed the towels on the floor to soak up the water - and dried off with a hand towel - all of the bath linens were dingy looking.

After I packed up and got dressed - I made my way down to the lobby to get breakfast which I had been told the night before was until 10:30 - but when I got to the lobby at 9:45 they were already cleaning it up. SOOO - I just made my way to my car - with a mental promise to NEVER return to the Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston.

I suggest that you don't stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston either! It's pretty gross!!!!!

As you can tell by my other reviews - I'm pretty fair to hotels and rarely say that I wouldn't recommend the hotel to a friend. But this one is a definite thumbs down!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Herndon-Reston? Share your experiences!