“The worst hotel ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20171 (Formerly Extended Stay America Washington DC - Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Roanoke, Virginia
“The worst hotel ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So i stayed in this hotel back in December last year through Priceline. As soon as we got there, the room smelled like crap but I've been in worst places, at least the bed was comfortable. So i stayed there just for a few hours and then I went back home. A few hours later I realized my son forgot his tablet so i call the hotel and the person in the front desk said that they found it so i can come and pick it up. I told him i leave far away so I requested to be mailed to my address. He said he will have to ask his manager first. A few weeks later I called because I didn't hear from him and he said that they don't my tablet any longer. I told him that's not possible because I was told that I can go and get it anytime so it didn't make sense that it wasn't there any longer so I requested the manager but "she wasn't there". I waited for weeks for someone to call me back and nothing. I'm a very busy person so I even forgot about it until my son asked about his tablet. I called the hotel and asked to speak with the manager. She finally was there and she was really sorry about it and she offered to send it back to me. Well, two weeks later, around the first week of February, I was checking my mail but no tablet. I called again and I told them either they send my tablet back to me or I will file a police report since I have a voicemail stating that they have my tablet and recording conversations. The manager calls me the next day and she was very sorry again and she said she will have my tablet mail it back to me the next day. Well, I'm still waiting for it? What type of service do you offer to your customers if you can even do something right? I never experience such a bad service ever and, for instance, I won't be staying there ever again. In fact, I want my money back for staying there.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

All please do not believe everything you read!! I Have been staying at this property off and on for the past 5yrs and I am dumbfounded by these reviews. First let me start by recognizing the Hotel Manager. I have seen a few come and go since I have been here and Lori is the best by far. She is very people oriented and very hands on. She is always making her guests feel at home. All the Holiday Season from Halloween to the New Year Lori made sure her guests were included in the festivities. These are the kind's of things that make a difference. The first snow storm of the year Lori and her staff were outside shoveling and salting all thru the night so everyone had a safe path to walk. I have had only good experiences at this hotel. From house keeping to the front desk everyone is great. Miss Debbie, Gina, Fahad, Jose, Harpreet and Edwardo they are always there and its nice to see the same faces. I will make sure to spread the word to anyone that will be coming to this area to stay at this hotel. Definitely a great place to stay close to everything and lots of public transportation to get around to DC and out lying areas.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We really enjoy spending time with our guests. Halloween and Christmas were perfect opportunities to connect with everyone. Seeing the children enjoy snacks while wearing their costumes was so much fun. The highlight of our year was getting to see the kids faces when Santa came to visit them early one morning. I really hope we can enjoy more of these occasions in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly, at dch@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. We would love to have another chance to provide you with an even better experience the next time you're in town. ​
London, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2014 via mobile

this was one of the worst hotel that i stayed in in my life. I have stayed at budget hotels but at this one there was absolutely nothing I felt like I was living in a jail cell. for over a hundred dollars I expected a lot more. please don't stay at this hotel! it's not all worth the money

• Stayed November 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, December 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that you had such a poor stay with us due to issues with our staff and cleanliness. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we try to ensure that each guest has a positive experience during their stay. I will work with my staff to ensure that we are inspecting our rooms to ensure that they meet standards, and providing all guests with exemplary service. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dch@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

First, I asked for a nonsmoking room and got a smoking room room a "no smoking" sign. The room smelled horrible, had bugs crawling around, and was dirty. To top it all off, the bed sheets had stains of what appeared to be dried fecal matter. In closing, if you value your health and sanity, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I was on business in Herndon and normally stay at the Hampton but decided to compare other hotel properties in the area and chose Extended Stay. My misfortune was leaving behind some personal belongings and after contacting the hotel upon arriving back home they said there was nothing left in the room. It's unfortunate to know the staff obviously will steal from their customers. This was on a Friday evening. I requested to talk to the manager and was told he/she would not be in until noon on Sunday. As of 9:30 p.m. on Sunday I have had no return call from the hotel manager.

Warning to all guests--make sure you check all drawers, cupboards, closest, etc. because if anything is left behind, it is highly likely you will never see again. Housekeeping will assume you left it for them and management does not care.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Pleasant stay and love the renovations! Eye candy at the desk was a plus! Jose and Eduardo were very helpful and pleasant. Great location to many things, shopping, food, movies, etc. Second stay at hotel and I look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Goo resembling baby oil was on the top of the headboard that my hand inadvertently hit while making the bed (no maid service until you've been there 8 days). Needless to say, it was disgusting and I ran to the bathroom to wash it off in scalding hot water. There was also some sticky goo on the hairdryer and I needed a kleenex to wrap around it. There was a LOT of dark dust on the top of the dryer as well. All the kitchen cabinets were warped on the bottom as if there had been a flood. Nasty. All the drawers in the dresser had little bits of stuff in them, not clean at all. I washed them before putting anything in them. The window had no lock, but opened only 8 inches so I guess no one could get in. The sheet had an oily stain the size of a half dollar with a piece of brown crud in the middle. We put a towel over it...for 4 days. (See note below about no one being available in the office, which is how you got extra towels and assume complained about conditions). The door would not lock and my husband had to get maintenence to come over to lock the door so he could leave the room. The trick was to insert the room key and basically reverse the process used to get in. Neighbors were very loud and smoked right outside our door, which leaked into the window that wouldn't close all the way because it had no lock. We tried to call the front desk and went over there as well, but no one working at the front desk. Three times over 4 days no one at the desk. The front desk personnel were quite professional during check in and out. Convenient for a work project, which is the only reason we stayed, plus it was Spring Break time and everything was booked. If it were clean, I'd say it wasn't bad. It was not clean and the "not clean" areas were just disgusting.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles? Share your experiences!