“Extended Assignment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20171 (Formerly Extended Stay America Washington DC - Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Sunrise, Florida
“Extended Assignment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed at this property for one year and one month (Oct 2012 - Nov 2013) while on extended assignment in the Washington DC area - the District Manager Kashif Chaudhary and the current Hotel Manager Joseph Goodwin are TRUE service professionals - these two individuals provided for me a safe and clean and well run hotel that was ideal location wise as well as in comfort - my stay away from home was manageable and pleasant because of their dedication to quality and excellence - I highly recommend this location for business long term stays!

Room Tip: Room 127 or 227 or 327 are corner rooms and bigger and more private!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I've traveled around the US and almost always use for lodging Extended Stay America . This is one of my favorite location so far and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I will mention especially Hamza and Eduardo. It will be nice if they were associate with a gym chain. Very good idea with the little breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a day and let me tell you that it was one of the best ever. I live locally in the area and needed a place to stay for the night. I was given a very good rate and it very reasonable. The staff at check in time was great. This one particular helped me a lot with whatever I needed. If I recall right, his name was Aziz. He was such a great person with a great attitude. He gave a very good room and I slept like a baby that night. His professionalism was really appreciated and that's why I would love to come back and stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had one of the best stays with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for the professionalism that they showed you during your stay, especially since we strive on providing our guests with the best service experience possible.

Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went on a road trip on an extended weekend and This hotel right outside Washington D.C seemed to be the place to spend the night. Delayed plans meant we ended up checking-in at 1:30 AM (in the night). The staff was available and was courteous, and the day Staff even better. Very warm, and kind. My kids even walked out of their talking about Hamza and how funny he was :) We found free parking right in front of the hotel.
The rooms were sufficiently big, clean and comfortable. The kitchenette meant we could re-heat our leftover food and make coffee in the morning. No noise, no mess.
A good hotel to stay in for a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Pershana - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about each member of the team and the level of service that we provided. I'm glad that you were able to check-in late upon you arrival and that the staff made you feel welcome. I am also pleased to hear that Hamza made your kids feel welcome too.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Long term guest, committed to 2 months...start with this simple niggly peeves... Not enough towels in the room for a once a week clean, to get more you have to grab your used towels and take them to reception to "trade out" for some fresh ones... Then there is the pleasure of walking down the corridor to your room and potentially getting high off the room with the constant pot smoker to get to your room and wake up with flea bites all over...mentioned this to the oh so surprised manager on shift and after a week get moved to another room... Asked to be compensated for the week of being eaten alive to basically be ignored by the main manager... not a place I would recommend to anyone unless you are a pot smoking kid or a single mother with 3 or more kids and a dog and cats...

• Stayed October 2013
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Their biggest asset is their front desk staff. Very courteous, polite and helpful. The room itself was modest, but functional. The bathroom and kitchenette were showing their age. The cleanliness of the bathroom was in question. Proximity to the airport is excellent and the price was a good bit lower than nearby hotels.

• Stayed October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so glad that our front desk staff provided you with such great service and that you found our hotel's location to be ideal for your needs. Still, I am sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned in lined with our company's high standards. In response, I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working with the housekeeping staff on improving our cleaning procedures to ensure that this issue is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please contact me, at dch@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The 15 day stay at Extended Stay America, Herndon was really good. The staff was very friendly and helpful in addressing the queries and providing the right support. The room cleaning staff also did a commendable job. Also, enjoyed the grab and go breakfast. In all, it was a pleasure to spend the 15 days at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manish - The team and I appreciate your wonderful remarks. Thank you for your comments regarding our staff and the service that they provided to you during your stay. One of the things that we really focus on is providing a "home away from home" atmosphere to all of our guests; and we are so glad that we were able to provide this for you.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles? Share your experiences!