“Excellent customer service and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20171 (Formerly Extended Stay America Washington DC - Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
“Excellent customer service and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed here one night and the room was clean and well-maintained. Customer service from the staff was outstanding, especially Jose. Assisted me with finding a reliable cab service that came within 15 minutes of contacting them. Jose also asked about my accommodations multiple times during my one-night stay. He is a class act, will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am glad to read that you were pleased with Jose and the customer service he provided to you. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the rest of our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this location for over 6 months and without a doubt I am BEYOND pleased with the service. The new location manager Joseph keeps everything running smoothly and in an orderly fashion. Every conversation I have has with him is extremely profressional and courteous. As well 2 of the main Employees I see/interact with on a daily basis Jose and Eduardo are beyond proficient when you have an inquiry with them and process any request you have in a short amoun of time. The best part about the 3 previously mentioned individuals is that they have great attitudes. I don't mind spending money at a place where not only the service is great but the workers are nice. The location is great, close to a variety of shopping and food establishments, the weekly rate is a GREAT deal cheaper than other hotels and the rooms are great sizes as well.

Keep up the good work!
- Charles

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review about me and my staff. It's great to hear that we are fulfilling your needs as our guest. I am so glad that you liked our hotel's location, your spacious room and the great rates we offer.

Ronks, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I reserved this room online for a convenient location just to get one night's sleep. I was not expecting much but even for a place to flop, I wouldn't return. It seemed clean enough but the hallways smelled like smoke, and the bathroom had a mildew odor. The experience was low class. The hallways were noisy and dogs were barking. Maybe it's called "extended stay" for a reason. At midnight I had to call the front desk about what I thought might be kids wrestling and jumping in the room above us. I had to call a second time before anything was done about it. Ordinarily something like this doesn't bother me, but it was really obnoxious. Some of the reviews are positive enough. Maybe we just caught them on a bad night?

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Eagan, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for over a Month and they give you a good rate. Cleaning is descent for what you pay!! theres flat screen TVs and plenty to eat all around and very close by! There's a starbucks just across the street as well as supermarkets, banks and gas stations.

Room Tip: stay Away from any hall way with smoking rooms. It travels through out the hallways
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We got a room here for $52 total cost in April 2013. I have no complaints. The room was set up with a kitchen and large refrigerator for those that stay longer. There are convenient stores and restaurants within 2 blocks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with hotel amenities and as well as with our location.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I got a room at this hotel for a great deal through Priceline.com. The room I stayed in was large, clean and the location was convenient to restaurants. The bathroom was not too old, but it looked well used (though clean). The appliances looked cheap and worn, but again, clean.

My only complaint with extended stay hotels like these that come with kitchenettes is that the smell in the hallways in the evenings can sometimes be annoying. Some guests will try to use the ill-equipped kitchenettes like their home kitchen, or worse yet, some will use the kitchenettes as if they will be abandoning the place in a few days, so there will sometimes be burned dinners and strange smells in the hallways right around dinner time. Over the one week period that I stayed at this particular extended stay America, there was one evening when the odor in the hallway was obnoxious... Almost noxious...

Still, for what I paid, I'd be willing to put up with the smell that, fortunately, stayed in the hallway and didn't make it past the seals on my door, so I would return here again if I can get the same price. Again, the room I had was large and clean, and the hotel is in a convenient location.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know that you were pleased with your overall stay. Still, we are sorry for the odor you noticed in the hallway.

Fargo, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

First thing- The mattress in our room (337) was SO hard and uncomfortable. Second, no proper breakfast and for almost $200/night? Breakfast includes muffin and granola bar and bowl of fruit. No laundry facilities. Bathrooms and utilities are older. However, staff and manager are easy to work with and good. This is one of the cheaper suites with kitchenettes available.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles? Share your experiences!