“good customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20171 (Formerly Extended Stay America Washington DC - Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Riyadh, Ar Riyad, Saudi Arabia
“good customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

jose and hind were very helpful.overall it was a nice experience staying at this hotel. being Indian many indian restaurants around this hotel made my life easy during the stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! Thank you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I had to find a place to stay after the hurricane type storm knocked out all of the power in the DC Metro area during an historical heat wave. Not an easy feat with two cats.
Jose Benitez checked me in and helped select the best available room for my needs. In the course of our conversation, I discovered an intelligence and receptiveness in Jose that is unexpected in a hotel environment.

I brought the first cat to the room and left to get some things out of the car. In the short time that it took for me to return, the cat, who hides under beds, had gotten caught up under the fabric covering the box spring and was stuck there. I called the front desk and within minutes Jose came to the room, assessed the situation, and had the cat safely out of the box spring. Jose is a quick thinker and great problem solver. A real asset in a tough situation. I was very fortunate that he was there.

Having traveled the world and stayed in five star hotels, I can honestly say that the quality of customer service doesn't always correspond with the price of the hotel. Ashley Copley, the hotel manager, provided me with superior service. One can see his signature in all of the hotel operations. Any request made to any level of staff was fulfilled within moments.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

great value for your stay cheap price but very clean and attentive staff
right in the city center with easy metro access and lots of shopping

Room Tip: cheap but well worth it
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such great things about your experience at Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The staff at this location make a BIG difference during your stay.
HELFUL
CHEERFUL
COURTEOUS
RESPECTFUL
They are there to help you from the time you check in to the time you check out

• Stayed May 2012
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Have been staying at this hotel for quite some time now and wanted to share that the hotel is well looked after and comfortable for long or short stays,
Checkin in process is under a minute as the staff seem to know most of the guests checking in. In my case they know which room i like and go out of there way to accommodate me and my needs

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker stay away from the third floor as that is the smoking section
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Smith D,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

My stay in the hotel was for three days and it was quite good. The hotel staff are great and helpful.

The rooms are large and are well equipped. The price you pay for this room in this area is excellent.

• Stayed May 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.
Herndon, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I planned on staying at this location for several months; however, due to noise from adjacent rooms and being woken up multiple times (weekday nights and weekends) I am checking out early. Trash room is usually over flowing; not emptied daily. Staff is very friendly. I selected this hotel based on proximity to work location and the price. Willing to pay more and drive farther so as NOT to be inconvenienced by thin walls. Hotel policy is to pay in advance; non-refundable.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. Keep hallway windows open to air out the floor.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Been,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles? Share your experiences!