“The excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20171 (Formerly Extended Stay America Washington DC - Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Herndon Va.
“The excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Extended Stay in Herndon is a wonderful place to stay. The hotel manager and the employee are wonderful, I never had any problems with checking in or out,I am very happy with their customer service. I would recommend the Extended Stay to everybody,you will be treated very well and its like being home.

Room Tip: I like rooms near the exit
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

We where in the city for an inter school competition and had booked 3 rooms with other familes We checked in a couple of days earlier as there weekly rates are a big saving after staying there for a night we invited other families to book rooms at this hotel as the service provided was very good, The hotel ended up with a total of 8 rooms and we where glad they got our business because they deserve it ..5 stars for great service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Fresno, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed at this location a week ago, the place is clean close to amenities
The manager Ashley Copley was very professional and helpful
I travel a lot on business and he was by far the best Manager I have dealt with
Jeff

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Nice grounds; takes pets (albeit at hefty fee of $150/stay); good location; large kitchen but lacks supplies such as serving dishes, ice bin, detergent, etc. I was "between houses" so brought much of what I needed with me. Some may be put off by no toiletries and no ice machine. Biggest drawback is no computer in lobby to print things off on. Good bargain.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I will break this down easily. Then if you want to read on, I will go more in depth.

On a scale of 1-5, 5 being the highest...

Room Size - 5
Towels - 4
Parking - 3
Hotel Area - 4
Housekeeping - N/A

I'm going to start this off by rating it 5 stars for being a "2" star hotel. No, it was not perfect, but as perfect as I needed for my stay. I live in the next town over, but needed a place for the weekend as my Husband, Son and visiting family took over the house - I volunteered to leave. I always like to get away and though I could have stayed with a friend, I chose some peace and quiet and opted for a hotel. Once in a hotel, you lose your bearing. I forgot that I actually had a house in the next town over for a moment. It was quite late at check-in for me. I put my bid in on priceline and got a winning rate of 40.00. Well worth it. I was welcomed at the desk by Ritesh. He was very warm and friendly and took time to answer some questions I had. I asked for a smoking room and new I would be put on the top floor (3rd) because of such. Off I went and dragged my bags down the hall. I happened to have a room that was as far from the elevator as possible. That was no fun. I figured I would smell smoke on that floor while walking to my room. Yes, you could tell it was a smoking floor but not unbearable. Once I opened my door - NOT ONE DROP OF SMOKE lingered in the room. In fact, it felt crisp and fresh. I was very pleasantly surprised. The room was LARGE. I was given an accessible room, for what reason I do not know as I am not handicapped. But it was just fine with me. You enter into the Kitchen area and the flooring looks to be newer. In the main room, there was a computer desk with a fabulous large, leather chair with wheels, a queen bed, another desk with a chair, TV on long dresser (TV lacks channels in my opinion) a comfy chair and ottoman. My window looked out into the street and the window itself did lift when I went to open it. The bathroom was MASSIVE. I presume this is because of it being a handi-capped accessible room. So I cannot say how the other layouts of the hotel rooms and bathrooms are. But in any case, I was thrilled at the size. There also was plenty of handle bars in the bathroom and a tub seat. Again, this was not necessary for me, but still it was nice to see that they took good care for those that do. Their was no counter in the sink so nowhere to put my toiletries. BUT that could just be for the handi-capped room. So maybe the others have a counter. The water pressure in the shower was terrible. The toilet area was very clean. The shower/tub was very clean. One or two lingering hairs were there, but mostly clean. The kitchen itself was very clean. The fridge, stove, sink, counters looked perfectly clean. The carpeting in the main room looked well kept. Possibly newer, either way the carpet looked good. The bedspread (oh boy do I hate hotels that use those slinky bedspreads where you slide off (circa 1970s) ok. I noticed a couple of cigarette burns in mine. The bed was beyond uncomfortable. It was a brick. I couldn't sleep night #1 because it was so hard..not to mention the two skimpy pillows that were bricks too. Come on Extended Stay, give us a comforter and 4 pillows! I could barely breath being so flat on the bed and nothing to properly PROP me up. I actually went back to my house to get another pillow to take back to the hotel. The sheets were clean, crisp and fresh. The felt blanket was clean. No bed bugs (always look)..no pillow top mattress - just a basic one. I was so disappointed in the choice of bedding. Although upon entrance it looked neat and tidy and I was looking forward to a decent sleep, it was all but that. There is a night stand next to the bed with a phone and alarm clock, as well as phone books and a TV channel guide.

I also was not happy about the towel exchange at the front desk. Another complaint I have is that there was NO shampoo, NO conditioner, NO toiletries except ONE bar of itty bitty soap (REALLY itty bitty. NO SERIOUSLY ITTY BITTY) that was laying on the tup. NO soap by the bathroom sink. NO soap in the kitchen. Nadda. This is just not acceptable. For me, I felt that they took care of the rooms well, but to not have at least a few toiletries was terribly disappointing. Thankfully there is a CVS across the street so I bought some bars..as long as a bottle of shampoo and conditioner. The hotel itself was fairly quiet. I felt safe. I felt that the front desk help was easily available. Although I had some irritating factors with this hotel, the front desk was VERY accommodating. EXTREMELY so. I had a few requests like a late check-out and such..and had questions about possibly extending my stay. Ritesh was most helpful and never made me feel as though I was asking too much. Ritesh called my room at 11am on my last day (check out is 11am) and asked if I would be extending. I told him that I was still contemplating it (even at the last second) and regardless of whether I was, I would be down in an hour after I shower. He said "Ok, not a problem, that's fine" - He was wonderful. At check out I told the Manager how great he is and how accommodating he is. IF I was going to extend my stay in a hotel, even with my minor (or major to some of you) issues - I would still go back there in a second! Without doubt. I would just be better prepared for what they lack. I want to reiterate that the front desk (I dealt solely with Ritesh) was fantastic. The hotel is on Elden Street. Herndon's busiest road. You have plenty of food options right by the hotel., plenty of shopping in the area - as well as Reston Town Center which is great for food, shopping and walking around. Overall I am VERY pleased with the hotel room I received. MINUS the annoyances listed above. The only thing that would have made me give this 5 stars was if there were toilitries (at least a few bars of soap and conditioner and shampoo) and well, the BED! Being that a hotel is meant for sleeping, the BED would by one (if not the most) important things about the room. So that is the downside. I will go back anytime. I will recommend this hotel for overall quality and cleanliness. Good job

Room Tip: Handi-capped rooms were very large. Smoking is 3rd Floor only. I would recommend getting a room clo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011 via mobile

The entire hotel smells like Indian food. The room I was in was missing shades on some of the lamps. The shower head leaked and caused the wallpaper surrounding it to bubble up. The bed squeaked and was uncomfortable.

• Stayed November 2011
BANGALORE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

Nice hotel, where you get all facilities you need for long stay at affordable rates.
When i went there it was first time i was visiting US and i didnt like the food, it really helped me alot.
It was really great experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles? Share your experiences!