“Very Pleasantly Surprised!!!!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1021 Elden Street, Herndon, VA 20171 (Formerly Extended Stay America Washington DC - Herndon)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very Pleasantly Surprised!!!!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

This was BY FAR the best Extended Stay America property we have ever stayed in....and we have had some bad experiences with stays owned by this chain. (Specifically Florida)
The hotel was very clean, quiet and the front desk (as well as management) were extremely kind and courteous!! (The manager goes as far as to put "entended stay" guests in one part of the hotel and one/ two night stay guests in another part........to keep the noise level to a minimum!!!!) Our stay was 10 days and we were delighted! WE will return to this location even if we never stay in another Extended Stay America property.
Great stay!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

Guys Dont Ever think About it and thats is my story, i ve stayed for two nights and as usual they have my credit card info and they charging me , i told the managment that i will stay one more night and at the early morning i went out and when i get bak I FOUND MY AND MY FAMILY STUFF IN TRASH BAGS IN THE FRONT DOOR OF THE HOTEL!!!!!!
they said you did not told us that you will stay tonight too!!! inspite they are liers and suppose i did not !! They have my credit card info and can charge me the night fee also MY STUFF( ALL MY CLOTHES AND BAGS) still in the room , I tried to contact the manager with no luck, It seems that this is there policy so dont ever think about that place i am thinking of suing them for what they did .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was a good choice for me, as it was pretty quiet and i was able to do my work. The beds were comfortable too. And it's close to Dulles. All in all, i was satisfied. Nothing fancy but it worked fine.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2007

I've traveled a lot, and generally don't expect extended-stay-type hotels to have the frilly offerings of more upscale hotels. (In other words, I know the difference between the different hospitality types out there) BUT, what I DO expect is an efficient staff and a clean and functioning room - especially for a place that specializes in extended stay and corporate guests.

This particular hotel did not impress us in the least. Yes, it's a newer facility; yes, it has kitchenettes; and yes, it's quite close to the Dulles corridor and Herndon and Reston and Sterling and Dulles Airport. But, we had problems.

The check-in process was slow and unorganized.

We were assigned an already-occupied room. When we went to get a new room, the clerk said the room he assigned us was shown on his puter as unoccupied. (Not very reassuring right there!) He had to walk the hallway with a pass-key and check a couple of rooms before he found one that was unoccupied. NOTE: He NEVER knocked on the door FIRST before utilizing the pass-key to enter the room. Having been educated in the hospitality field, we were taught ALWAYS to knock a couple of times before trying to enter a room! Needless to say, we kept the latch on when we were in the room, but we worried about our belongings while we were out during the day.

The room smelled. Yes, it was a kitchenette room, but other kitchenette places I've stayed at manage to obliterate these lingering odors. Besides, it didn't really smell like food. It smelled more like mildew.

One light didn't have a bulb in it at all and a second light didn't work.

The secondary entrance stairwell smelled strongly like old pancake syrup. Very odd.

The next morning (which was a weekend day), apparently a neighbor was cooking hamburger because it vented directly into our bathroom!

The bed was so uncomfortable, we couldn't wait to be on the plane to get back home.

We stayed here 3 days and after using my key-card once, the magnetic encoding erased and I had to get it re-encoded every other time I tried to use it. The explanation at the desk was that this was normal and it was okay to keep coming to the desk to get it done. Funny, but I've not had to have my key-card re-encoded nearly as much in any other place as I did here.

Front desk closes at a certain time and won't open until 7am the next morning. I was unable to get a receipt for my stay because we left before the desk opened.

STAFF: Check-in guy - nice, very apologetic, but not organized. Night clerk #1: Very nice, helped w/re-coding my key-card, but had that puzzling explanation about the magnetism of the key-cards. Night clerk #2: No guest-relation skills at all. And, she didn't tell the morning crew to send me a copy of my bill because I've not received one yet. I'm going to have to contact the site myself.

We were very happy to have gotten into this hotel at a discounted rate through Hotwire, but would we stay there again? The answer is no. Would we recommend it to others? Generally, no - but different people value different things about a nights stay, so it might suffice for some.

• Liked — Price/location
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, April 10, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2007

I have stayed here on business on several occassions. I used to work in the area - and I saw this hotel being constructed about about 4-5 years ago - so it is relatively new.

Rooms are generally clean. Forget about the kitchen though - as if any traveler would consider that - no real cooking gear and no dishwasher. Fridge is consistently clean and cold however - which is important.

Not much here in the way of amenities. I think there is a breakfast but never bothered to try it.

You can get a coupon to use Golds Gym for a nominal fee - which is about a 8 minute drive. Hotel location is close to Dulles - about a 10 minute drive down toll road - and there are a few fast food restaurants in walking distance of hotel.

This hotel seems to always have the best price in Herdon proper - and I hate to pay any more than this for a hotel in Herndon. The prices are generally outreageous in this area.

I regularly stay at the four star Le Pavillion in New Orleans for less than some of the Herndon two star hotels charge. I guess Northern Virginia and proximity to Dulles force prices high? Crazy.

This is not a fancy hotel - but it typically clean - both in room and bathroom - and I will stay here again.

Stayed March 2007
Manager20190, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles, responded to this review, April 14, 2009
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. - Herndon. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Additionally, you can always book the best rate on nearly 700 hotels across the U.S. and in Canada on our website. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Herndon - Dulles? Share your experiences!