“Outstanding...staff and facilities” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Herndon, Virginia
“Outstanding...staff and facilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Professional, courteous staff that is proactive in meeting your needs. Facilities are excellent, clean and updated. Conference facilities are extensive. Location is close to Dulles Airport with free shuttle service. Food and beverage service is outstanding and the selection is menu based with an additional daily buffet. Overall, this has become my headquarters on the road as the level and quality of service is unmatched. This is also the only hotel where you meet and talk to the General manger and senior staff because they are out meeting clients, not holed up in offices out of the sight of their guest.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
jadra, Front Office Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Dear SouthoftheJames, Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate very much all of the guest reviews and feedback that we receive and take them very seriously. Thank you for your complements of our staff I will pass them on to the team. We strive to create a welcoming and friendly...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Warrenton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We just had our daughter's Wedding at the Hilton and it was wonderful. The staff, the rooms, the service, the bar, and the restaurant. We had a total of 70 rooms with our Wedding and we did not have one complaint. That is pretty hard to accomplish with a Wedding of 252 people.

• Stayed August 2010
Dear joannewalker,it’s great to get feedback on associates doing what they do best - I will be sure that all staff sees your feedback, and we look forward to your return when next your travels take you this way.
Billings, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed at the hotel because I had an early morning flight out of Dulles Airport. When I called the property directly I was told they had a shuttle and it wouldn't be a problem so I made the reservation. Upon check-in, I was told the shuttle didn't start running until 5 am so I would miss my flight if I took the shuttle but they could arrange for a taxi to pick me up at 4:20am. I called later that evening to confirm a taxi had been called. I checked out at 4:15, was told a taxi had been reserved and I was to wait in the lobby. And so I did, and then I waited some more. At 4:45am some lovely travelers from Mexico offered to share their taxi with me and I made my flight with 2 minutes to spare. As I was waiting in the hotel lobby, the front desk staff continually assured me that a taxi was on its way yet didn't seem concerned when nothing materialized.

This is an over priced property with mediocre food. Kids from leadership camp were running up and down the hallways until late into the evening.

This property advertises itself as being convenient for travelers coming and going to Dulles. I would disagree. The staff weren't particularily friendly nor helpful. And my stay which was specifically to make a flight was a disaster in that I almost missed my flight.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
jadra, Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2010
Dear traveler12346,
Thank you for your comments and giving us an opportunity to improve our services. Feedback is a valued component to our ongoing efforts to enhance our customers experience. Please call me at 703-742-4614 or email me at jadranka.belajic@dulleshilton.com so we can discuss your recent stay with us. I am anxious to speak with you.
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Great hotel not in the best location. Hotel is clean, lobby smell the staff was friendly and efficient. When I asked how to go to the Air and Space museum extension near Dulles airport, they sent me on the shuttle, and told me to call back when I needed a ride back. Impressive service

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Pros:
large rooms
fine pool
near airport

Cons:
lacking service
small reception area for the size of hotel
remarkably bad reception staff for my check-in
generally old

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
jadra, Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 13, 2010
Dear good Olympian

We appreciate your feedback and I hope to speak with you regarding your stay. We are serious about providing the best customer service experience and when we fail to meet expectations, we want to know. Please call me at 703-742-4614 or email me at Jadranka.belajic@dulleshilton.com regarding your stay with us. I look forward to our conversation. Regards,
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

I came to this hotel with a group tour. The hotel has beautiful flowers all over its property, the staff was so wonderful.One of the best hotels ive stayed in recent years. Great staff great service what more can you ask for

Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Hilton shuttle took me to airport so that I could catch a Hampton shuttle. Hampton was supposed to pick me up within 15 to 20 minutes. I was miserable out in the weather of 95 degrees, and choking on exsaust fumes for over 30 minutes when the Hilton shuttle saw me still waiting he rescued me and took me to the Hampton.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!