“A surprisingly comfortable stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
San Francisco, California
“A surprisingly comfortable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed at the hotel when we missed a connecting flight to Europe. We were expecting indifferent service at best from an airport hotel but we were very pleasantly surprised. The service in the restaurant was helpful and friendly and Spenser at the front desk was especially helpful. Thanks for making an unexpected delay so comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear 13JOR,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in such a nice review! We couldn't be happier to know you were pleasantly surprised with the level of service we provided! Your compliments of Spencer have been passed along to him as well as to our Front Office management team. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Kind regards,
Greg Langweg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here after a week long conference in Gettysburg, PA to do a little solo site seeing in DC. I found the shuttle very convenient to and from the airport as well as over to the Air and Space museum. I used it every day to get into the DC area by catching the bus at the airport. Everyone I encountered was very friendly and the hotel was clean and quiet. I will definitely stay here again in another trip to the area.

Stayed June 2014
Dear aesperd,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in such a wonderful review! We couldn't be happier to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

The staff here are unbelievable! The best service ever! While pushing a very heavy cart to decorate, Saun a member of the staff stopped me and took the cart and pushed it.
The food is good, rooms large, but the staff makes the stay awesome.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Sherrybayb1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in such a complimentary review! We are so thrilled that the service our staff provided made your stay! Your kind compliments of Shan have been passed along to him, as well as our Front Office Management team. Again, we are so glad you enjoyed the conference and your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Pros:
-Close to airport
-Nice outdoor furniture to relax in pre/post flight
-Bed very comfortable! newer sheets/bed linens
-Large bathroom, shower head was nice
-Free shuttle (to and from airport)
-Large rooms
-Recently updated workout facility
-Bartender in lobby bar was great!
-outdoor pool - bonus for an airport hotel
-Conference rooms are newly remodeled

Cons:
-don't feel like you're staying at a Hilton
-you are stranded - there is really nothing in walking distance
-hotel is in serious need of a remodel - carpet is old! and so are most fixtures in room aside from the bed linens and shower head
-older feeling of the walls and carpet made it seem "dirty"
-random sink in room, that appeared as if a refrigerator was missing
-food is extremely limited, and as mentioned above you are stranded
-service was nothing special

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Katie J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback in a very detailed review. I am glad you found many "pros" during your stay with us. I do apologize, however for the amount of "cons" you listed. We take your comments very seriously and they have been discussed with our Executive Committee. I am pleased to tell you that we have just started renovations and hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations once the renovations are complete.

Kind regards,
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had an early morning flight so I wanted to be as close to Dulles as possible and this Hilton fit that bill.
I checked in very late - after midnight (ugh) and I found staff to be barely helpful or welcoming. I'm sure there isn't much going on during that time of night/morning, but not exactly Hilton standards.
My room was spacious and well cared for with one exception: the shower amenities had been used. The shampoo was about half-used and the conditioner had been used as well. Yuck. Good thing I always bring my own with me.
This would be a lovely hotel for a convention or conference. It is a bit off the beaten path, so I wouldn't put it at the top of the list for a DC vacation. I'd like to see the desk a bit more attentive.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear GCKJA,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the level of service you received during your recent stay with us. I want you to know that what you experienced with our Front Desk and the toiletries in your room, is not the level of service we strive to provide as a Hilton. We take your feedback very seriously and it has been discussed with our Front Desk Management, our Director of Rooms, and our Director of Housekeeping. Thank you again, and I hope you will reconsider giving us another opportunity in the future.

Aventura, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I check into the Hilton exhausted in the evening, and they send me to a room on the third floor. I put my stuff down and unpack, and then I notice a huge area of the carpet near the bathroom soaking wet. I stepped in it in my bare feet. I call the front desk, and they send up a valet with keys to a new room on the third floor. I pack up all of my stuff and go to that room. I walk in and turn on the lights, and the lights are flickering like a strobe. I try turn off those lights and turn on others, until I realize that the AC is also not working in this room. I call the front desk again, and this time they send up a manager with keys to the fifth floor.

The fifth floor requires a key to get to, and when I get up there I notice there is a special room with a complimentary breakfast for those with a key. I assumed they moved me to the fifth floor and gave me this breakfast as a token for having to move twice. The room on the fifth floor was nothing special, but at least there was nothing broken. There were, however, flies all over the room.

I woke up in the morning to go eat breakfast, and my key does not let me in. So in other words, they moved me to the fifth floor but did not give me access to breakfast. I went downstairs to check out, and I spoke with a manager about my experience. She wrote everything down and expressed how sorry she was. She guaranteed me that someone from Hilton would contact me soon to discuss the situation. 10 days later, no one contacted me.

When I returned home from my travels, I wrote Hilton an email explaining what happened. The email I received back read like a form letter.

The lack of concern for this customer's experience was profound. I travel A LOT, and this experience has really turned me off of the Hilton brand.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
I am very sorry to read about your experience here last month. The odds of encountering 2 guest rooms back to back with issues is INCREADIBLY unlikely! It sounds like a series of oversights (that hopefully individually would have seemed less significant) had a negative, “snowball” effect on your overall stay. You are correct, the intent of upgrading you to the 5th floor was absolutely to provide you with a complimentary breakfast, and to make up for the inconvenience of moving rooms, and your room key should have granted you access to the lounge.

Feedback sent to Hilton Corporate is dealt with by their customer service team to the best of their ability, but they are not physically on property to know all of the intricacies of what you experienced—that is why the letter you received may have felt somewhat generic. Conversely, ALL feedback given directly at our property is reviewed by me, and our goal is to NEVER let a guest check out unsatisfied. I regret that your complaint was not handled in a more timely manner, and I hope that you reconsider your decision to stay elsewhere and give Hilton a second chance in the future!

Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I like Hilton properties and usually try to stay whenever traveling. They are always clean, maintain a consistent standard and are reliable. But the Washington Dulles Airport Hilton is not even up to Hampton Inn standards. Its no that the room wasn't clean, or the staff wasn't competent. Its is that the facility was dated and worn, and not near the value for the price of the room. If I'm back at Dulles I'm staying at the Hampton Inn down the road because its fresh, inviting and half the price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Roger W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am happy to tell you that we just started a renovation which will conclude in September. Thank you again, and I hope you will reconsider your decision to stay elsewhere and give the Hilton Dulles a second chance in the future.

Greg Langweg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!