“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Herndon
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I only stayed at this Hilton for one night. It was the result of a missed flight and a layover in the area. It was very convenient to the airport and a very nice and clean room that seemed modern. I was happy with my stay here and the staff was very friendly. The only negative to this hotel was with the shuttle service to the airport. They were supposed to have shuttles running every 30 minutes and I waited at the airport for 40 minutes when I arrived. I ended up calling the hotel and they said the shuttles were running although one never showed up. I watched shuttles from other hotels come by the airport and pick up two and three times before ever seeing a shuttle. I gave up and took a cab. Don't know why it happened this way but it did.

• Stayed August 2013
CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear rricemd,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback for us! I am very glad that you were pleased with your room and that our staff was very friendly. I do apologize for the long wait for the shuttle, as I can assure you that what you experienced is not the norm. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

857 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

$60 cab ride to down town washington. The travel agent booked us in said only short drive to down town. Like a fool i listened. The hotel is clean, that is all good i can say. The resturant is trendy, the menue sparce and expensive, and very limited hours. So if you are hungry and your plane arrives late, to bad to sad, there are vending machines hidden in a tiny room upstairs. Don't bother asking for help with local transport, because they just hand you a public transport timetable and send you on your way. About as friendly as a dose of the salts.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Greatholidays4all,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and leave us your feedback. I am glad that you found us to be clean, but sincerely apologize that we did not meet your expectations overall during your stay with us. We do offer a free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius, which runs every 30 minutes, upon availability. We also offer dinner in our Cardinal Lounge until 1 am and room service until 1 am. We hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations the next time you are in the Dulles area.
Seattle, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Don't stay there. There are other hotels in better condition for the same or less price as this one. This is hard for me to say, as I like Hilton and am a Honors member. But this hotel stinks. Rooms walls are paper thin and you can hear very sound in the next room. I was on the Hilton Honors floor and nothing was nicer in any way.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Georgia P,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback you have given us. I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations and that you weren’t pleased with any aspect of your stay. We hope you can return to give us another chance to exceed your expectations at a later date.

Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This hotel is about 3 miles from Washington's Dulles Airport. I waited for a shuttle about 25 minutes and was told the van arrives about quarter after the hour and quarter to the hour. ALERT, if you arrive during the time of International arrivals, be prepared for a packed bus, primarily used up by luggage.

Upon arriving at this hotel it was certainly very modern, and the lobby area was decorated in a modern manner with purples, blacks and reds. The front desk person who checked me in did not even mention my Hilton Diamond status and was completely blah in his communication with me across the desk. The process was only minutes long but was very dull and was not welcoming whatsoever.

I was checked into a Junior Suite on the 5th floor, which is the Executive Level of this round hotel. The 5th floor is the top floor. The room is quite large and I found it to be very pleasant in every way. The furnishing were new, colorful and the size of the room was about one and a 1/2 the size of a normal King room and the bathroom was quite large as well as it houses the hanging closet for the clothes. The bed was extremely comfortable and the textiles in the room were seemingly above average than most Hilton products I've experienced lately. The towels especially seemed to be of better quality and that is something that most hotels take for granted but savvy travelers appreciate.

The cable/satellite in the room is above average in channel selections, however, good luck in finding an up to date channel guide. The one in my guest services directory does not match what is actually showing on the tv. With that said, the TV has more channels than most hotels, though the quality of signal on many of the channels was subpar.

The restaurant was surprisingly above average, as was the food quality and service. I typically do not eat in a hotel restaurant, especially at an airport property, but I'm glad I did in this instance. The calamari was so fresh and the homemade brown honey mustard sauce was spectacular.

If you are traveling to the Dulles area, I believe the Hilton can meet and/or exceed your expectations. I will say the hallways are darker than I prefer and the walking to your room can be painfully far from the front desk.

Room Tip: Pick a Junior Suite
Dear LiscomeBay,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! I am very glad your stay with us was pleasant overall, and that you enjoyed your Junior Suite on the Executive Level, and your experience in our Cardinal Lounge was a good one as well. I am sorry to hear that our Front Desk staff did not exceed your expectations and did not acknowledge your Diamond status. Thank you for being a loyal guest of Hilton and thank you for choosing us for your most recent stay! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the Dulles area!

Warm regards,
Raleigh NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are stuffy, the hallways dark and dungeonlike. I was disappointed by service, inability of majority of staff to speak English, lack of affordable breakfast (not even free coffee in lobby), and the attitude of staff and management when I was injured at their workout facility (required 25 stitches)... They refused to do anything for me when I was hurt.

• Stayed December 2012
Clayton, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

It's been about ten years since I stayed at this Hilton and I have to say that is has held up well.

The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful.

The lobby area was clean and inviting.

I had an executive king room. It was roomy, spotlessly clean and good sized. The decor was tasteful and I really liked that the 50" TV was recessed into the wall. The numerous power and video outlets that were available near the desk were handy. The bathroom was large and nicely done. The bath towels were huge.

The wireless internet worked pretty well.

I had dinner and drinks at their bar. The food was typical hotel fare. The drinks were pretty weak for the price. Breakfast in the executive lounge was better than I expected.

All in all, this was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Try for a room near the elevator. The hallways are crazy long!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Marc C.,

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review! I am very glad you enjoyed your room and the amenities within the room and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We strive to always exceed the expectations of our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back to our property the next time you are in the Dulles area.

Warm regards,
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was on a one-night stopover because of a flight connection. The hotel is very good and clean, with very helpful staff. It has a lot of facilities, like a gym and pool, although I didn't use them. I was given complimentary Wifi access on check in, which was very nice. The restaurant was open until late (1 AM) so was very convenient for travelers. There is a Food Lion market about 25 min walk, which was convenient to buy food to take as presents.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Shigeo T O,

Thank you so much for leaving us your feedback in such a wonderful 5 star review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our ammenities, such as the gym and pool, that we have to offer. Your kind words are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Dulles area!

Best regards,
Greg Langweg

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!