“What a nice place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Phoenix, Arizona
“What a nice place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

As an airline employee I stay in lots of different hotels...and this one ranks as one of the best. It's clean, great gym, and the employees are wonderful. I can't overstate how much of a difference that makes at ANY hotel. Special thanks to Fifi and Winston for being so warm and accommodating! Great job folks...and PLZ keep our contract!

738 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel wasn't located close to anywhere without taking the hotel airport shuttle which only ran every half hour. Lack of information at hotel for when you got to airport how to get to down town Washington and local places. No restaurant only bar food, which wasn't that pleasing on the eye and not so good on the stomach.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

CustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that our property did not meet your expectations and needs. We will be sure to keep your comments in mind as we are continuously working towards a greater guest experience. Again, we apologize for any inconveniences and we hope to have another chance to serve you in the future.

Harrison Township, MI, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have long believed that Hilton stood for quality and this experience reinforced that belief. Your facilities were beautiful and your staff was friendly and exhibited a willingness to please. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Hilton Washington Dulles Airport was first class all the way!

The beds were beyond outstanding...like nothing I've ever experienced before...certainly not in a hotel. The pillow was like sleeping on a cloud, and the duvet was like sleeping under a cloud! ~SO luxurious and comfortable!!

The room was very clean and nicely appointed. The furniture was very appropriate, with a usable desk and executive chair, a small round table with two chairs, a couch-type chair and ottoman, a dresser, and a night table between the two beds. We loved the huge flat-screen television!

The service was outstanding at all times. We arrived a few hours early for a conference, and I inquired if we could check in early. They accommodated our needs by having a room ready for us within the hour. (We had reserved a room with one king bed, but we ended up staying in a room with two queen? beds...which was no problem whatsoever for us.)

We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel restaurant; breakfast was catered by the Hilton as part of our conference. It was delicious, with plenty of and a nice variety of food: scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, all kinds of muffins, scones, and pastries, yogurt, fresh fruit, cold bottles of juice, Starbucks coffee, etc.

I felt the cost was a good value; I did receive a discount on the rate as a conference attendee.

Bottom line: I would HIGHLY recommend this Hilton to anyone. We had a wonderful experience! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the third floor. I think it was overlooking the pool area. The room had two...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Koogle's K,

Thank you so much for the five star review! We really appreciate the great comments, and are very pleased that you slept so well. It is our pleasure to serve you, and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the area. Thank you again for recommending us!

Dallas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Overall, a good hotel and pleasant stay. Close to the Dulles airport and businesses in Herndon. Room was clean, but you could tell it is a older hotel, but they do well with what they have. An extremely minor point was the tv remote was missing from the room (yes, I know, could have been worse!). Fitness Center was pretty big compared to other hotels and had a nice assortment of machines and free weights. Business center was interesting, sitting out in the front lobby, with several workstations and a printer or two. Walls in the room are a little thin. Neighbor decided he wanted to watch tv past midnight and got to hear some of his programming while I attempted sleep, but eventually just turned the fan speed higher on the air conditioning to drown out the noise. I suppose while I am on gripes, one of the Hilton shuttle bus drivers decided to yell out of his bus that I was parked illegally in the lobby driveway. I was simply grabbing my suitcase and loading it in to my rental! It was silly considering there was barely any lobby traffic at the time. Yes, he is ultimately right, but just leaves a bad taste in my mouth thinking about it. Hotel was ultimately chosen because it was close to the office I was in town for business. I would stay again if I had additional business at that office. Otherwise, I would most likely consider other places in the area that were a better value.

Vista, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was extremely excited to come home overseas so I booked immediately to my usual "Hilton". I have used the Hilton for years in multiple countries and I love it. I had trouble contacting this hotel but after a few tries I finally had gotten through. The customer service rep was pushy and kept insisting that I purchase the night prior just so that I could check in a few hours early on the day that I actually need the hotel. She then informed me that it is by availability and that the whole hotel was now booked (I can see available rooms online still). I was hoping to make Gold status with the Hilton I quickly cancelled my reservation and I will be looking for a hotel chain that can work with my needs. Bottom line: Caution if you are coming from overseas, you don't want to deal with this after a 14-18 hour flight. It doesn't matter how long you have been a customer you will get no perks.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
TiffanyQualin,

We appreciate your feedback and want to thank your for your Hilton loyalty. I apologize for any difficulties you may have encountered with our customer service/reservations representative. We work hard to provide the best customer service and hope you can give us another chance if you're visiting the Dulles area again. I assure you what you experienced is not the norm for our property or brand and hope we can exceed your expectations in the future. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any further concerns greg.langweg@dulleshilton.com.

Kind Regards,

Rowlett, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I attended a convention at Hilton Dulles Airport over a weekend. I found the rooms clean, the staff helpful, and even the social media manager proactive in making sure our guests were comfortable.

Several in our party had specific food sensitivities, and the wait staff did take steps to accommodate each. Our first couple meals were rough, as the kitchen seemed insufficiently educated in gluten sensitivities and thus inadvertently served the very foods they were trying to avoid. Over the course of the weekend, however, the wait staff showed increasing vigilance and even became proactive (setting soy milk out with the coffee service, for instance) to make our dining experience comfortable.

I appreciate the spirit of service and professionalism exhibited by staff and management at this location and would not hesitate to attend a function -- or even vacation with my family -- at this fine hotel.

lagluten,

Thank you so much for the great five star review! Our team is very proud to have exceeded your expectations. We take food allergies very seriously and are very content with being able to provide your group with all there gluten free needs. Your kind word will be shared with the whole team.

Warmest Regards,

Greg Langweg

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!