“Not a fan of the Hilton Chain, I find it expensive, but our stay for a reunion was quite nice, "except."” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Washington Dulles Airport

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Herndon
NEW WINDSOR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My Navy Ship reunion, "USS Bushnell AS-15" brought about 90 folks to a 5 day meeting of old friends and shipmates. The hotel was very accomidating and theire facilities were nice and I found clean. We were travelling from our winter home in Florida heading north for the summer, so we had our Kitty with us. We are use to the cleaning charges. The staff was quite nice and worked out all our concerns. I do agree with the one reviewer, the price of a beer - I was charged $6 for a bottle of lite beer, and a bottle of water was $4. Our breakfast was part of the plan, and it was certainly nothing to rave about. The exact same thing, scrambled eggs for 5 days, and not a piece of toast to be found. We ate a few meals in the Old OX grill and it was very nice. Nothing to complain about. I guess my biggest "gripe" is the $9.95 per day charge for Inter Net Access. I don't usually stay at Hiltons and I am not a member of their "Gold Club." So they charge me for getting on line. I think I will continue to stay at Best Westerns and get free Wi-Fi. Oh yes, this hotel caters to quite a few travel groups. We enjoyed the experience of several bus loads of teenagers touring the Capitol...It wasn't quiet. I would suggest this is an excellent place to stay if you are flying in or out of Dulles Airport.

Room Tip: Be sure and bring you own cooler of water bottles.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
JAMES L,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all the feedback you have given us, and I wll share them with the team. I apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We do hope you join us next time you return to area.

847 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Wonderful hotel in great location. Used the bus transport to and from Dulles airport without problem. 2 miles from the Air & Space Museum with free shuttle service. 5 minutes to closest Metro line to head into DC.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

freeport
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Old stained carpet, dingy hallways and a restaurant aptly named Old Ox- this is a very disappointing stay given very positive experiences with most other Hilton properties.
The room has not been updated in many years, half of the power outlets and one of the 2 phones do not function. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
FreeportLisa_g,

We appreciate you taking a moment to give us your feedback, and are content that you were able to enjoy past experiences with our brand. We do apologize for any problems that you may have had during your stay. I apologize again for any quality issues you may have experienced. Our rooms are scheduled for renovations in the near future and hope you can return to give us another chance at a later date. We will also address the outlet and phone issues with our engineering department in order to rectify your concerns. Please contact me directly if you have any further inquiries.

Kind Regards,

greg.langweg@dulleshilton.com
GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I spent the weekend of the 100th Anniversary for the Cherry Blossom Festival and must say that I enjoyed myself immensely. The hotel was hosting several groups of people and while there were a few small glitches beyond their control, the hotel and staff were very helpful, kind and courteous. Every time I passed by someone they were smiling and if I even looked as though I had a question, someone would ask if they could help. Our room was beautiful, the beds were very comfy and our bathroom was extremely gorgeous. I highly recommend the hotel and will stay there again.

Irvine, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I arrived at the hotel in the early morning hours. I had just come in on a red eye from LA, and it was pouring rain outside, and I was soaked and tired. The staff welcomed me, and checked me in! I was thrilled to be able to get warm and dry, and lay down for a bit before my scheduled convention began. Everything was wonderful: comfy bed, soft pillows, soundproof room, and great waitstaff. I really enjoyed being spoiled by the concierge reception room offerings. I will definitely stay here again when in the DC area.

Central Point, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I brought a group of very well-behaved teens. They were taken care of appropriately. However, the first night of the three we were there, a mouse was in my room. The comment at the desk was that they would send someone to see if there was something there. I suggested that I would not have imagined such a thing. A maintenance person came up with a broom. I asked if he really thought that he could catch the mouse with a broom. He admitted he could not. He called down for a bellman to come and move me to a new room. He also said that a guest had brought a pet mouse with them that had escaped and they had been trying to get zapping traps for a week.

A service person came up, knocked, and handed me a new key card, but he never offered to help me move to the new room that was at the very end of the very long hall. When I finally got my luggage down there, I opened the door, and it was a smoking room. The smoke was so strong that my eyes were watering as soon as the door opened. I immediately called down to the desk to say I could not stay in this room. He said I had no choice as the hotel was sold out. I said that I am allergic to smoke and they had to find another solution. Finally, he agreed to bring a roll-away bed into the "parlor" room. First, he wanted to put me in a parlor room on a floor where there was not a shower, only a toilet and sink. We ended up using the room that my organization used for briefing. The roll away was desired in the room. The belts for transport were left on, and it had only one thin blanket. I had Beene up for two days by that time (1:30 am), and I just needed sleep.

The next day the hotel gave me an upgraded room and a free sweatshirt. This was nice, but it really didn't make everything okay. That night I slept fine, however. Unfortunately, the next night, Friday, we were informed that the hotel was having a "water emergency." The water was to be turned off t midnight and not turned on unto the next morning, hopefully by 5. Each of my kids was brought a 12 oz bottle of water so they could brush their teeth; however, I was not. I told my kids to fill their ice buckets with water in case they needed to flush the toilet during the night. Fortunately, for us the water was on by morning. Other guests were not as lucky.

The breakfast buffet was okay, borking, but the food was edible. The kids enjoyed the pool, also.

I did not request to be sent to this hotel for next year.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Teacherjan,

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate the kind words regarding the upgrade you received, and we are happy that you got a good night sleep. We are also pleased that the kids enjoyed the pool. I do apologize for any engineering or quality issues you encountered during your stay. I assure you that this is not the norm and we strive to provide each and every one of our guests the best of service. We hope that you can give us another opportunity when returning to the area. If you would like to discuss your experience further please contact me at greg.langweg@dulleshilton.com.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel is great! The Staff is excellent, room is excellent, and food is excellent. Amy, our Waitress in the Dining Room was OUTSTANDING. So outstanding in fact, I'm writing this review and mentioned how wonderful she was to the General Manager. Five star service from everyone at Hilton Hotell Dulles-WA. Josh at the Reception/ Check-In is a great guy too. Very, very helpful. THANK YOU!!!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!