“Ok Hotel, Had its good and bad” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Ok Hotel, Had its good and bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Pros: The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and willing to help out. The hotel featured a nice lounge area (Drinks Were Pricey, though $5.50 for a bottled beer), pool, and fitness center, along with plenty of parking and a covered loading/unloading area. The hotel was minutes away from the sites of the hockey tournament we were attending.

Cons: The hotel offers a free shuttle to the nearby Air and Space Museum which saves you the cost of parking there, but they forgot to come and pick us up, until we called and reminded them. They charge for wireless internet which is offered at hotels we visited that charge much less per night and when you buy the internet, you can only use it on the one device you buy it on which is bad if you have multiple devices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the elevators. The corridors are long and winding so expect to walk to get to your...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
jtwned24,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel. Thank you for your great comments regarding our staff and rooms. We do apologize for any incovenience you experienced with our shuttle. I will bring this to the attention to our appropriate managers to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for choosing our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Greg Langweg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

With about seven years out of the last twenty spent in hotels, there are a few that I truly look forward to staying in and this is one of them.

The superbly maintained condition of the property belies it's age (early '80's construction?). For ANY property, not just an older one, the condition of this hotel is excellent. Kudos to the maintenance staff for keeping this property always looking fresh.

If you can swing it, get one of the "junior suites". You will not be disappointed. These rooms are quite large and very, very comfortable. These rooms have to be my favorite of all in memory. Superb bedding (at least for my tastes), very nice furniture and one of the biggest flat-screen tvs (46"?) in any room I have ever seen and a Samsung to boot.

The rooms are very quiet. The bathrooms very spacious and richly done. No dated little square tiles here. Great towels.

The lounge is very inviting, comfortable and warmly decorated. A very relaxing atmosphere.

A good workout area and pool. No complaints there.

The breakfast buffet was also very good. A little lackingninnthe fresh fruit department this morning and the orange juice was not as cold as it should have been, but overall, very nicely done in a nice atmosphere.

A staff can make or break a guest experience and the staff here is very well trained and very congenial. Louis and Mario in the restaurant this morning deserve extra credit.

I don't see how anyone could be disappointed with their stay here. I have overnighted here at least a couple of dozen times and have found it enjoyable each and every time.

Room Tip: Most rooms here are very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you AbenakiW for the great review!

Our team works hard to provide you with the best customer service and thank you for your great comments about Louis and Mario. I will be sure to share them with the whole team. I will also share with the engineering team your kind comments. We are also scheduling to renovate some of the rooms in the near future. I'm very happy you enjoyed your Executive Lounge experience, and we look forward to having you back to our property soon!

Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

In my first visit to the Herndon area I chose to stay at the Hilton Washington Dulles Airport Hotel, great decision. From the desk clerk who checked me in, Maria, to the server who took my order for breakfast, Gladys, the people here were genuinely friendly and professional. I really felt at home. I also need to say a word about the food. I ordered room service the first night and had a top notch meal. The blackened ribeye was absolutely delicious and the sauce with it was even better. I went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast and ordered off the menu. It was perfectly gooked and delicious. Great hotel, I'll definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank You Bill G!

We really appreciate the great review regarding our staff, and we will be sure to share this with the whole team. Thank you again for the great comments on the room service and our Food & Beverage team will be notified that you enjoyed the ribeye! We are happy you intend to return and we look forward to welcoming you back when you do.

Kennebunkport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on four separate visits to DC over the last year and a half, and have always had a wonderful experience. The rooms are very clean, quiet and have everything I need. The showers are beautiful!! The bed linens and pillows are a dream!! The staff is extremely helpful, courteous and friendly. Several staff members have actually remember me from visit to visit. I love the executive lounge, well worth the extra expense. On several occasions I have had to extend my visit because of business commitments and they have been very accommodating. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Breakfast and dinner (although they don't call it that) are included at the executive level, in...
Thank You circa1826!

We really appreciate your review, and are very happy you have a wonderful experience every time you stay with us. It is our pleasure to serve you. Our team is committed with providing you excellent service, superb cleanliness, and flexibility with any of your business needs. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a Hilton hotel, but the room, and the furnishings look tired and dated. The remote for the TV didn't work and the TV wasn't functioning---bathroom was a strange set up with narrow opening into the shower area. The restaurant was not open, but you could order in the bar--the food was greasy, servers didn't pay attention (no tomato on the salad, and what did I get? tomato on the salad) It seems to me that management isn't paying attention to the details---I would not stay here, I've stayed at the Marriott at the airport, it's an older hotel, but the restaurant is decent and the rooms are well kept.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Fooddr,

Thank you for your review and we will discuss your concerns with our food and beverage team. Our rooms are scheduled for upgrades later this year and we apologize for any engineering issues you may have encountered with your TV during your stay. We hope to better serve you in the future, and hope you will give us another opportunity.

Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times. I was disappointed to have a rip in my sheets. Although it was small it was NOTiCable and house keeping was just careless. This is not the standard at this location and I am sure management handled. It is not what goes wrong it is how they correct and the leadership wants to hear from customers. The executive lounge was great as always and we enjoy it often.

• Stayed March 2013
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is quite close to Dulles airport if you need to be near there. Hotel is clean and busy. The rooms are nice. They should pay attention to cleanliness of grounds and building. Saw litter on walkways and in elevator when we arrived and it was still there 4 hours later. They really need more people on the front desk. Lines were too long.

Room Tip: Get a room inside circle. Outside faces highway and runway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TomWall60,

Thank you for the review. I'm happy to see that you found our rooms to be nice, and our location from Dulles Airport a convenience. I do apologize for any delay or cleanliness of the grounds. We will discuss your concerns with our team. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Greg Langweg

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!