“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Tulsa
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

In my first visit to the Herndon area I chose to stay at the Hilton Washington Dulles Airport Hotel, great decision. From the desk clerk who checked me in, Maria, to the server who took my order for breakfast, Gladys, the people here were genuinely friendly and professional. I really felt at home. I also need to say a word about the food. I ordered room service the first night and had a top notch meal. The blackened ribeye was absolutely delicious and the sauce with it was even better. I went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast and ordered off the menu. It was perfectly gooked and delicious. Great hotel, I'll definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank You Bill G!

We really appreciate the great review regarding our staff, and we will be sure to share this with the whole team. Thank you again for the great comments on the room service and our Food & Beverage team will be notified that you enjoyed the ribeye! We are happy you intend to return and we look forward to welcoming you back when you do.

Warm Regards,

Greg Langweg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Kennebunkport, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on four separate visits to DC over the last year and a half, and have always had a wonderful experience. The rooms are very clean, quiet and have everything I need. The showers are beautiful!! The bed linens and pillows are a dream!! The staff is extremely helpful, courteous and friendly. Several staff members have actually remember me from visit to visit. I love the executive lounge, well worth the extra expense. On several occasions I have had to extend my visit because of business commitments and they have been very accommodating. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Breakfast and dinner (although they don't call it that) are included at the executive level, in...
Thank You circa1826!

We really appreciate your review, and are very happy you have a wonderful experience every time you stay with us. It is our pleasure to serve you. Our team is committed with providing you excellent service, superb cleanliness, and flexibility with any of your business needs. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is a Hilton hotel, but the room, and the furnishings look tired and dated. The remote for the TV didn't work and the TV wasn't functioning---bathroom was a strange set up with narrow opening into the shower area. The restaurant was not open, but you could order in the bar--the food was greasy, servers didn't pay attention (no tomato on the salad, and what did I get? tomato on the salad) It seems to me that management isn't paying attention to the details---I would not stay here, I've stayed at the Marriott at the airport, it's an older hotel, but the restaurant is decent and the rooms are well kept.

Room Tip: I wouldn't stay here again
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Fooddr,

Thank you for your review and we will discuss your concerns with our food and beverage team. Our rooms are scheduled for upgrades later this year and we apologize for any engineering issues you may have encountered with your TV during your stay. We hope to better serve you in the future, and hope you will give us another opportunity.

Kind Regards,

Mansfield, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here many times. I was disappointed to have a rip in my sheets. Although it was small it was NOTiCable and house keeping was just careless. This is not the standard at this location and I am sure management handled. It is not what goes wrong it is how they correct and the leadership wants to hear from customers. The executive lounge was great as always and we enjoy it often.

• Stayed March 2013
Rockville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel is quite close to Dulles airport if you need to be near there. Hotel is clean and busy. The rooms are nice. They should pay attention to cleanliness of grounds and building. Saw litter on walkways and in elevator when we arrived and it was still there 4 hours later. They really need more people on the front desk. Lines were too long.

Room Tip: Get a room inside circle. Outside faces highway and runway.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TomWall60,

Thank you for the review. I'm happy to see that you found our rooms to be nice, and our location from Dulles Airport a convenience. I do apologize for any delay or cleanliness of the grounds. We will discuss your concerns with our team. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Kind Regards,

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

They have improved room accommodations since my last visit. They must be remodeling rooms as this room now has a granite shower instead of an old tub The staff is always nice. The upgrade from the old CRT to a new flat screen was nice. Unfortunately they still charge $10/day for Internet access so like most frequent travelers these days I used my Verizon service.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

The employees at this hotel offer exellent customer service. The shuttle driver, the front desk receptionist and, the bellman all offered excellent service and were very kind!!! The rooms were very CLEAN AND FRESH, the beds were comfortable. I travel and am away from home at least 15 night a month. This is by far the best airport hotel I have ever stayed in. VERY QUIET too no noise from the outside. Thanks Hilton

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Hyatt Dulles at Dulles International Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Crowne Plaza Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!