“Consistency is Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Ronkonkoma, New York
“Consistency is Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Whenever I stay here, I am always greated warmly, room is always in great shape and the HHonors lounge is always spectacular. Stay here for business - very close to my facility. Gym is good - but if you ask for a room at the end of a hall, you may not need it, for its a long walk.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Millville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I had a 5:30am flight (matching a customer's itinerary) and live 3.5 hours away, so staying overnight before was a no-brainer (as well as on the return since I didn't get in until midnight). As a HHonors Diamond member I usually favor Hilton properties. I was a little nervous as sometimes airport hotels can be a bit run down, but this one was newer, well maintained and / or recently updated.

Arriving around 5pm I had to find a place for dinner, but having access to the Executive Lounge (5th floor) I decided to see what they had to offer (especially with other nearby options being the in-hotel restaurants). The lounge offered a selection of cheese and crackers, veggies and dip and a chicken breast. I was able to put together a small dinner allowing me to get to bed early for an early wake up. I was quite satisfied with their offerings.

On my return trip I arrived at the hotel at 1am in the morning (flight landed just before midnight and I had to clear immigration and customs). I was worried there wouldn't be anyone available to greet me, but two staff members were at the counter and very attentive to their duties. They checked me right in, apologized that the kitchen was closed (I hadn't even asked) and got me off to bed quickly.

The next morning I visited the Executive Lounge again for breakfast. There was an offering of fruit, breads, eggs and potatoes. I was again able to put together a good size meal, which lasted me for the 3.5 hour drive home.

Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel and if I have similar travel plans in the future I definitely would stay here again (may even look into their park and fly option).

The only negative was at my 3am checkout no-one was at the front desk. Honestly I did not really see if anyone was around as I knew I could get a copy of my receipt from my account, so I didn't really see this as an issue.

If you have business in the area, an early flight or late arrival definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: When booking through Hilton's website in the comments section request the Concierge Level and a...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you jprepp!

We really appreciate your review. Thank you for your continued loyalty. Our team is very content that you were able to enjoy a nice little dinner in the executive lounge before your early wake up, and a hearty breakfast for the long drive. I do apologize for someone not being at the desk with a smile for your early departure. This will be brought to the attention of the night crew, and we look forward to your return visit the next time you're in the area.

Warmest Regards,
Greg Langweg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice hotel -- for an airport Hilton. The Executive Lounge folks work hard and unlike some Hilton Exec Lounges, breakfast is a full hot breakfast and evenings were the equivalent of a hot dinner. The Junior Suite upgrade was really too large for me traveling alone -- if you are, know that it won't feel cozy but cavernous! It's a large hotel; if you have a vehicle, no matter where you park, it will most likely be a bit of a hike. Considering the size of the room, I was surprised at the noise level from other rooms and guests.

Room Tip: Executive rooms add value,
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is one of those hotels that has a great staff. They remember your name and welcome you back at the end of a long workday. As a road warrior, quite often we are invisible to the hotel staff. I like this particular hotel for their indoor garage. This is particular important to one who does not like cleaning snow off the car in the morning on the way to work/airport. Hotel is only 5 to 10 minutes away from the Dulles Airport. I can clear TSA and get to the gate within an hour. Hotel has an excellent gym which is important to me. All and all this is a great place to stay.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We travel pretty frequently and stay at a variety of properties. During a recent business trip to the DC area we decided to stay at the Hilton Dulles for 3 nights. I will say that we had a bumpy check in. There were some errors between booking and what we were told upon arrival. We booked a smoking Suite on the executive floor, but at check in were told that none were available. After some "discussion" we were offered a regular room with concierge floor access at the regular room rate.

Aside from this slight hiccup, every other aspect of the service and staff was superb. The housekeeping staff was courteous with bright smiles every day. The Concierge floor staff was beyond marvelous, going above and beyond every time we went up.

The trip wound up being 7 nights total, and the front desk staff was supremely helpful in extending our stay without any issues. We also had a special request for assistance printing boarding passes and Maria at the front desk graciously offered her email address and had the documents printed and waiting for pickup in no time at all.

We enjoyed the staff so much, we are due to arrive again later this evening. We could have booked a more convenient hotel for this second trip, but decided the staff was too amazing to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
shamwop1132,

Thank You so much for the great comments regarding our housekeeping staff and Maria at the front desk. We plan to share your comments with the whole team. We are very pleased that you joined us for a second visit, and hope you continue to return. We welcome you with open arms. Thank you again for the kind words regarding our concierge staff, and the whole team works hard to bring you the best experience possible. I apologize for any bumps at checkin, and hope you continue your stays with us.

Warm Regards,

Greg Langweg
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here for a hockey tournament. I have stayed at innumerable airport and other such hotels over the years for these, and I have to say, this one was the best. Despite its somewhat depressing location (near lots of small light industry and trucks) the hotel itself was well staffed, clean and had an excellent gym. The bar at night was good for food and excellent for drinks, and helped make this hotel superior to similar ones we have stayed at. And the bang for the buck was great. Is this the hotel to spend a romantic getaway? no. But for business in the DC area, especially around Dulles, its a good find.

Room Tip: You can be "inside" or outside...go for inside...its quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here for a conference held on property. Everyone from Josh at the Front Desk, Louis in the restaurant, to the shuttle drivers...all were friendly and helpful. The property is somewhat dated but appearance is clean and well-maintained. I ate a couple meals at the restaurant and I have no complaints regarding food or service. It's a bit off the beaten path but the hotel shuttle will take you to a grocery store or CVS if requested. Yes, I would stay there again if the occasion arose.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!