“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed here over the Christmas holiday, and I had a wonderful time overall...the food at the hotel was a little pricey but I bit the bullet ...the host and waitress had the same name and were so nice.
The only problem I had was with house keeping....she didn't understand english or at least that's what she made us believe. I room was not cleaned the first day, cause we checked in late.....awww...no excuse. On Christmas a letter was wrote that a free drink and breakfast would be provided....when I asked I was told this was only for special guest, with membership. Merry Christmas to me huh.
There were other places to eat and shop, so I don't understand the reviews about nothing close by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Cary, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here once before because I liked the hotel. When I landed, I was reminded of what I did not like and it was the terribly slow bus service there. I called and was told it would be 25 minutes and I did not have that much time to waste, nor did I want to stand out and freeze that long. I had to take a cab instead which was stupid. On the hotel side, the staff was nice at the front desk. I am a diamond member so I went to the lounge on the top floor and that was very good. The staff and the lounge is what made is what made me round up to "very good", the shuttle is terrible.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Djrrossi,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your loyalty and kind remarks regarding our staff. I do apologize for any difficulties you experienced with our shuttle and I will address this concern with our team. We do look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the Dulles area.

Kind Regards,

Greg Langweg
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was at the hotel restaurant, the Cardinal Lounge, for a business team dinner. I am local to the area so I did not have to travel from out of town nor did I have to stay at the hotel. The hostess who seated us was very courteous and very helpful. The food was very good and the service from Ms. Amy Z. was fantastic!! Her energy and enthusiasm made the entire dining experience one to remember. (Service with a smile and an A++ attitude!!!) If you dine there, ask for Amy Z. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed here three night with a tour group in for the presidential inauguration. The hotel was nice. We arrived after 11 pm and a full day of traveling and sightseeing and were greeted warmly and they had staff there was ready to help with anything we needed. Everything was very clean, the rooms well maintained, the breakfast buffets they had for us were very good. The staff was very impressive! They were all pleasant to deal with and went out of their way to take care of us. I know we had a couple of special request within our group at breakfast and the staff were able to quickly taken care of as if it was normal. It was obvious that staff had the ability to take care of guests without having to check with a manager. The hotel however did have a few drawbacks for me. I was surprised that there was no refrigerator in the room. That has seemed to become pretty standard any more. Also to have wifi in your room was an additional $10. For the nightly rate of this hotel, especially catering to travelers, one would expect wifi to be standard. They did have 4 computers in the lobby that you could access free but when most Hotel 6 on the interstate have free wifi you would expect it at a Hilton without the additional charge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was in Dulles for business for a night and decided on the Hilton Dulles location-close but not too close to the airport (IAD). Overall I really enjoyed my stay. I only mention the front desk staff because they were the first part of the hotel that I came in contact with, and it seemed like I was bothering them. Note to any service people-just because someone is wearing a sweatshirt doesn't mean they should be treated like a degenerate. But whatever-I only had to deal with them for 10 minutes max so who cares. I asked for a room away from the elevator, and boy did I get what I asked for, which was great. Room was spotless (I was on executive floor), nicely updated, huge TV, free water bottles, bathroom was what I would want in my own home, so that was a great surprise. Cardinal restaurant was pretty decent hotel food for dinner-crab cakes were average, but truffle risotto was to die for. Onion soup was delicious-hearty and just what the doctor ordered after a yucky day in airports. Very quiet night, no loud road noise, bed was pretty darn comfy. Breakfast was included with my rate at the Ox grille buffet-the food covered everything you could want-eggs, pancakes, french toast, egg whites, sausage meats, muffins, bagels, cereal, fruit, juice. Pretty well stocked. Morning desk staff was wonderful, extremely helpful and accommodating in spite of having a lobby PACKED with people. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Executive or bed and breakfast rate is worth the extra $. I can recommend 4th floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you yankeegirlfriend for your review!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your overall experience with our hotel, and hope you join us again the next time your in the area. First impressions are very important and we will address the concerns that you mentioned. On a positive note I'm very pleased you enjoyed the room quality and Truffle Risotto in the Cardinal Lounge. We look forward to you return!

Kind Regards,

Greg Langweg
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

With the weather being unpredictable in January, we made last minute reservations online. The hotel staff was very informative, friendly, and accommodating. As an HHonors member, we received free interenet and use of the executive lounge. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Dining onsite at the Old Ox Grille and The Cardinal Lounge was warm and filling. Amy Z. at the Cardinal Lounge was an EXCEPTIONAL hostess (enthusiastic, energetic, and friendly); my daughter and I enjoyed our conversations with her. What an Inauguration experience!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Barrington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel. We were there, compliments of United Airlines, because of a connection problem; however we given full Hilton Honors Gold elite perks, including upgrade to a wonderful, very large room, free internet and lounge access, with complimentary buffet. We were quite pleased with hotel and will be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!