“Excellent Customer Service!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Herndon
erie, pa
“Excellent Customer Service!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed here due to a flight layover. The shuttle was right on time and the hotel a short drive from the airport. We stayed on the executive floor. The room was clean, comfortable, spacious, and most importantly, quiet!
The floor offers a private lounge (think living room, not bar style) with snacks, coffee and drinks at half the price of the main floor hotel bar. The woman working was very friendly and emphasized Hilton's interest in customer satisfaction. In the 30 minutes we spent there, twice guests made special trips by the lounge to personally thank her.
We later found out that she indeed deserves a special thanks because we received a bucket of champagne with glasses at our door shortly after we left the lounge. While talking with her my husband mentioned we were taking our belated honeymoon. She had called the concierge to arrange the champagne for us!
The breakfast offered everything one could want. Although you can choose to eat in the lounge if staying on the executive floor, the main floor breakfast had many more options.
We would stay here again as our first choice in the DC area.

Room Tip: We noticed that the three other visitors checking in around us were bumped up a room grade, so booki...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

829 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

stayed here for one night while putting my daughter on overseas flight. maria at the front desk was fabulous...she checked me in early so my daughter could re-group before heading to dulles. moustafa was our driver to the airport and what a kind man he is!!! he took us to the upper level so we wouldn't have to haul the very overweight luggage from the lower level. that was a life (and back) saver. in the past i have stayed at a hotel closer to the airport but this was perfect. i shall return!! a great staff always pays off. thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
queenbee24503,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel, and the great comments about our staff. We will share these excellent remarks with Maria and Mustafa. Both of these employees take great pride in their job and it is obviously evident by your kind remarks. Our team looks forward to continue to serve you, and hope to welcome you back on any future stays to the area.

Paw Paw, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

For years I have attended events at this hotel, and now, I finally get to stay here for work. I was on the executive floor, and everything was well appointed and set up for the working traveler. I did have an issue with the automatic wake up call. I let the front desk know, and that evening, when I returned, there was a note from maintenance stating that they had fixed the problem, along with two pieces of chocolate. I thought that a nice touch.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DullesCustServMgr, General Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for the kind review RobRoy47! We are happy that we were able to correct the phone issue, and that you enjoyed the presentation of the chocolates. We do hope you're able to return to our hotel upon your next visit to the area. Our team takes pride in providing all our guest with excellent customer service.

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have had to travel weekly to DC and have stayed at this hotel most of the year. The hotel is always clean, the rooms are very professionally laid out and I can attest that you will feel welcomed here every time you check in. I would recommend staying here. Its very easy to get on the Toll way from here, and the Airport is really close.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for you continued loyalty to our property and brand. We appreciate the positive feedback regarding our rooms, customer service, and location. Our team looks forward to your return, and we hope to exceed your expectations in the near future.

Blackburn, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

Stayed Sun 2nd to Fri 7th and was very happy with the quality of the hotel, nice room, very quiet despite being close to the airport and very good service from all of the staff. Moved downtown over the weekend, left most of my luggage here which was a real bonus. Checked back in on 10th Dec to a very tired looking room on the 1st floor, I asked for King, got Queen, non-smoking but the room smells smoky. Rang reception as soon as I got to the room but apparently the hotel is full, according to the website all room types are still available! Too tired to argue but it has spoilt my stay. Ready for bed and found out that the drapes don't close, which isn't great when you're on the first floor looking out onto the car park! Was happy the first week, not so much now.

• Stayed December 2012
DullesCustServMgr, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Lou1311,

Thank you for your review. Our team is happy that you enjoyed the room quality and customer service. We do apologize that your return visit was not as pleasant as the first. I'm sorry for any issues you had with the room. These discrepencies will be discussed with our operations and engineering teams in order to correct them. We hope you can give us another chance to provide you with an experience more like your first one.

Warm Regards,

William Matthews
Guest Relations Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

By the looks of the lobby I thought my room would feel the same. Check in and out ran smooth. Ate dinner in the restaurant, a bit too noisy for my liking. Room was a little outdated more was the bathroom. A hike to my room. Maybe I will try again another time.

• Stayed December 2012
We appreciate your review and compliments on our lobby. We are also content that you were able to enjoy a smooth check-in and check-out process. I do apologize for any noise you encountered during dinner or room quality issues. Our team will consider your comments and suggestions in order to better the hotel.

William Matthews
Guest Relations Manager
MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This review addresses only the wheelchair access aspects of this hotel. For general comments, read other peoples’ reviews!

This hotel offers a wheelchair accessible airport shuttle bus. But only one of their shuttles is accessible so it has to be booked. On the night I stayed here, the accessible shuttle was "in the shop" and unavailable which is frustrating in the extreme. Perhaps having two accessible shuttles would be a good idea? The hotel staff was very apologetic, and booked a taxi for the morning which the hotel paid for. The manager made a point of meeting me to personally apologize.

There is a flat entrance to the hotel with automatic doors. There is level access throughout the lobby, bar and restaurant area.

I stayed in a two double bed room with tub (kudos to Hilton website that allows you to select a room to this level of detail). Room was on ground floor, a bit of a haul to get there from the lobby over thick carpet and a short ramp. The room is large and spacious, not over crammed with furniture. There is enough room between the beds to fit a wheelchair comfortably, access to either bed is no problem. The work desk is a little low and I was unable to wheel under it. The desk lamp has two easily accessed electric sockets. No wired internet that I could find, but the wifi worked well.

It took me a while to find the closet - unusually it is located in the bathroom. Closet has a bar at a comfortable height for hanging shirts etc. There are three light switches between the beds that allow you to turn off certain room lights from the bed. Experiment to find what which ones!

The bed is at a reasonable height for transfer, a little high but not as bad as many places.

Air conditioning unit has an easily accessed wall mounted temperature control (old style analog slider) but the on/off control is high on the wall and blocked by the armchair. If you want to turn it off you are out of luck.

The bathroom is large with plenty of turn space. Ample knee room under sink. Large mirror gives a decent view, but it is not angled so you won’t be able to see yourself completely. Toilet is easily accessible for transfer. Grab rails well positioned. The towels are stored on a shelf above the bath tub that is totally inaccessible from a wheelchair. The tub is easy to access but the grab rails are badly positioned and too high to assist in a transfer. They are fine for ambulant disabled. Once in the tub, the water controls are easy to reach. However, the hand held shower rose is mounted on a rail but even at its lowest point is too high for a wheelie to reach. There is no temperature cut-off so you need to be careful when adjusting the temperature to avoid scalding de-sensitized areas of your body.

Overall, the room is a bit tired and in need of a refurb. It's acceptable, but the recently redone rooms in the Marriott are nicer. But the Marriott only offers king size beds in the handicapped rooms which makes it useless if you are travelling with young kids. I would use the Hilton again if the price was right, or I needed to have two beds in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!