“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Herndon, Virginia
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

Dulles Hilton remains my hotel of choice for business in Northern Virginia. Courteous staff, reasonable food prices, and concierge level amenities make the hotel stay pleasant and relaxing. The senior managers are always available to assist you and meet your needs (within reason). They have recently upgraded the internet and continue to upgrade the infrastructure (such as elevators) a step at a time. Easy access to I66, Dulles Toll Road and Route 28 make it a convenient location for conducting meetings throughout the area. Add the free shuttle to Dulles airport and it is a breeze to meet all business obligations from a central location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
jadra, Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Dear SouthoftheJames,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate very much all of the guest reviews and feedback that we receive and take them very seriously. Thank you for your complements of our staff I will pass them on to the team.Friendly guests make for friendly staff!

855 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Miramar, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

I would like to extend a very special thanks to Lynne Weeks. Speaking for all the members of our team that travels and stays in many hotels during the year, we all wish to express our very special thanks for making our stay at the Dulles Hilton a very good experience. She is thoughtful, extremely helpful and goes out of her way to make our stay a very special time. THANKS Lynne.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
jadra, Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear gordon s
Thank you very much for writing a review of our hotel. Our guests are our highest priority and it is always good to hear how we are doing.
It’s great to get feedback on associates doing what they do best - I will be sure that Lynne Weeks sees your feedback, and we look forward to your return when next your travels take you this way.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

The Hilton Washington Dulles Airport hotel is in a horrible location in a light industrial/warehouse park and is extremely dates. The plan requires you to walk up to a quarter mile to your hotel room from the front desk. While this is good for burning calories, its very time consuming for the business traveler. Won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator.
Dear Susan_Henderson
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our property. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We do provide shuttle service within a 3 mile radius to nearby restaurants and stores for our entire guest. I do hope you give us another chance so we can provide you with that service. Once again thank you for leaving us a review If you’re ever in the area please feel free to contact me at Jadranka.belajic@dulleshilton.com See we can accommodate your needs a little better.
Hagerstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I am a weekly guest at the Hilton. I can honestly say that it feels like my second home. Everyone knows my name and is so friendly. They answer my questions, give me an upgrade when they can and treat me special. The hotel is clean, smells nice and the rooms are great. I want to mention that Lynn in the Executive lounge and Winston in the bar are my two fav. people. They are VERY nice and make me feel important. They are friendly and seem to really enjoy their job. Keep up the good hiring! I would recc. this hotel to anyone that is coming to visit and especially if the person is staying for any extended period of time. The only bad thing I would say is the spa is horrible. I had the worst pedicure of all time. Small and obviously not owned by Hilton.

Room Tip: go for the big shower!
Hello Dear SierraCindy
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate very much all of the guest reviews and feedback that we receive and take them very seriously. Thank you for your complements of our staff I will pass them on to the team. We strive to create a welcoming and friendly...
Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We only stayed at the Hilton - Dulles as a result of a cancelled flight. So really, United put us up. With that said, the Hilton name made me think I was in for a pleasant treat. Nothing could have been further from the truth.

For one, the room was roasting hot when we walked in. I chalked it up to the sun beating on the windows on an abnormally hot day. So I turned the thermostat to the coolest temp noticing how weird it was that the thermostat was upside down. Five hours later when engineering finally showed up after our complaints, he said the thermostat was incorrectly installed AND should not have been upside down. In other words, I was cranking the heat up the whole time.

Secondly, we requested a crib for our 21-month-old when we checked in. He was in desperate need of a nap. After 45 minutes and no crib, I called the front desk and a crib arrived after another 15 minutes.

Third, the fixtures in the bathroom are ones I know well: they are old fixtures I ripped out of apartments I bought and renovated. Although the beds were fairly comfy though a little small, the room felt like an old apartment with little regard paid to aesthetics.

Finally, the service was poor. This hotel is a popular place for airlines to book passengers. So you'd think the Front Desk - and waitstaff - would acknowledge that and explain the limitations. When I asked the Front Desk what my limit was for food with my voucher, she said there was no limit. Turns out she did not reveal the whole story. Sure, there was no limit to what I could order. But the voucher was only good for $10. Would have avoided a hassle in the restaurant had this been clear up front.

Then there was the breakfast staff that argued with each other in Spanish only yards from customers. It left us feeling uncomfortable in the face of trying to comfort our 21-month-old.

On a different note, the gym was fantastic! Easily one of the best hotel gyms I have ever experienced.

And on one more different note, the space shuttle was shipped to Dulles while we were at the hotel. It would have been nice if the hotel made people aware of it or - dare I say - made special accommodations outside for those interested. We had a decent view but it was purely by chance no thanks to the Hilton.

Overall, we had low expectations for an airport hotel and the Hilton Dulles still failed to meet those expectations. Choose another place if possible.

Room Tip: West side rooms got warm due to sun exposure. Plus are exposed to the adjacent highway. Find a room...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear tikiskis
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize for all the issues you encountered during your stay. I could understand your frustrations about the thermostat in the room being installed incorrectly we will make sure to double check our guest rooms so this issue does not reoccur again. I do apologize that it took so long we definitely try our best to deliver request as soon as possible. Dulles Hilton strides to provided the best service possible to every single guest that walks through our doors.I hope you will give us a chance to show you the great service we provide at The Dulles Hilton. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
The Americas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

There was no shuttle bus at the airport. I had to take a cab. The attendant asked me for my name. I pulled out my HHonors Gold Card. First thing out of his mouth was: "This is a Priceline reservation and we cannot honor HHonors." Well, needless to say, I did not get reimbursed my taxi fare (a $13.00 ripoff by any standard for a 5 minute ride). I could not get access to the Executive Lounge (the attendant said he couldn't). I asked for a non-smoking room near the lobby. Got a smoking room about a mile from the lobby. At least it was of a good size. There was no regular coffee, only decaf and basic amenities. Feels more like a Comfort Inn than a Hilton (Sorry Conrad). My feeling is that they discriminate against Priceline travelers and make all the perks particularly difficult to get.

Room Tip: Don't book with Priceline
Hello ViajeroESQ
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I do apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. We do provide shuttle to and from the Dulles Airport from 5am-1am, our shuttle departs from the hotel on the hour and half hour. Whenever a guest books through a 3rd party their HHonors account would not be able to get credit for that stay, however we do honor your tier and benefits. I do apologize about being placed in a smoking room. We hope you would think of your experience as an isolated incident and not allow it to permanently mar your impression of the Hilton Dulles hotel. Please allow us another opportunity to restore your confidence and we will do everything we can to ensure that your future stays with us are pleasant and event free.
Camas WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

the layout requires some unneeded walking...club level was decent

Dear CamasFrank
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our property. I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I understand the frustration of your room being far. If you’re ever in the area please feel free to contact me at Jadranka.belajic@dulleshilton.com See we can accommodate your needs a little better.

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!