“Business Travel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Herndon, Virginia
“Business Travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

If you plan on conducting business for a period of time in the Dulles/Northern VA area recommend you contact Melissa Spedden, Director Business Travel Sales. She is extremely helpful is assisting you with your requirements prior to, and during, your stay; and goes the extra mile in providing quality service to corporate road warriors.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SouthoftheJames

Bay Area California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I was surprised to stay in a Hilton Hotel at a major airport that seems to be as old as Dulles itself. The public rooms were very 1980's, as well as the sleeping rooms. Luckily, the usual Hilton staff courtesy was there, but in somewhat shabby surroundings. The location was good, but finding the hotel requires a GPS. Its entrance is via back service roads, while it fronts the Dulles Toll Road.

Clean and a good breakfast, but not the usual full Hilton standard.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the Dulles Toll Road for a quieter sleep.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Denzo1
jadra, Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2012
Dear Denzo1
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your recent stay at our property. I will make sure to pass your comments down about our hotel faculty to our corporate office. I am happy to hear that our staff was able to provide great service during your stay. We at Hilton Dulles strive to give all of our guest the best service possible day in and day out. Thank once again for leaving feedback about your recent stay.
Staten Island, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

The staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable, from dining to maintenance excellent!!!

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade. For a few dollars more you will get a bigger room!!!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerrie P
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I got back from a trip abroad and my return flight home was on a different airline so I spent the night instead of risking missing it. The hotel shuttle shows up every 30 minutes or so. It isn't the most punctual but its clearly marked (same can't be said for figuring out where to pick it up! but that's IAD's fault). The hotel had a good size lobby and a restaurant which was open pretty late. The Gold/Diamond lounge was pretty good and had a variety of snacks. The rooms were very nice and had a large lcd tv. The hotel is way too far from anything to be more then an airport hotel but it performs that job quite acceptably.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear Bittco,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted that you chose our Hilton Dulles for your stay we do value your business. Yes that is correct our shuttle does run every 30 minutes' from 5am-1am, our pick up area at the IAD airport is Curb2A and 2H. We will contact The airport about putting some more signage in regard to our hotels' pick up area. Yes we offer quite a wonder selection at our Executive Lounge for our Diamond and Gold members. We do offer shuttle service with in a 3 mile radius to our guest. Thank you once again for staying with us and for leaving us a review.
Kansas City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I have stayed here on a number of occasions and as a Hilton Diamond , I have always got an upgrade. The rooms are spacious well maintained and despite an external the appearance of the hotel as somewhat dated inside, it is generally well kept.
Service is always (with one exception – see below) polite and efficient and the food normally better than the average airport hotel fare.
This would be a five start grading but for 2 irritants. Firstly there always appear to be lots of uncontrolled children running around the public areas. Not the hotels’ fault necessarilly but I think they could do a little more to “advise” adults of their responsibilities.
My second issue concerns just my most recent trip. I have always taken the hotel shuttle back the airport when leaving the hotel. On this occasion I was dropped by the driver at the arrivals area. While this is not a hastle for me, I did ask why I was not taken to the departures. The driver told me that this was the hotel policy, and that all hotels did the same. This is simply not true, proven by the fact that I stayed at the Embassy Suites 4 days later and was taken by the hotel shuttle to departures. I find it hard to believe that this is hotel policy, so I can only put this down to the driver not being bothered. What I don’t understand is why he had to make up a reason that is simply not true! I don’t mind the inconvenience, but more elderly passengers might find it hard work, but actually it is the attempt to bluff that I find does a disservice to the hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank pointschaser
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

I found this hotel to be very clean. I was impressed because there were many families staying there at the same time as we were involved with a hockey tournament for boys ages 9-12. The staff was very helpful to all of our needs. And even tho the children were all about the rooms were quiet and so very comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms on the second floor and both rooms were large, roomy and comfortabl...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

I return to this hotel whenever I am in the area. The entire staff is friendly and helpful. They treat people as family. The rooms are very clean and some have large showers. I have had an HD TV in each room that I have used. The bar/lounge has enough televisions to enjoy a number of sports events at the same time. Special people to look for - Anna, Sanna (out front) and Winston (as the bartender).

Room Tip: Ask for room with large shower which is also equipped with a bench. although, if you do, you will no...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
jadra, Manager at Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, responded to this review, December 2, 2011
Dear kenww
It’s great to get feedback on associates doing what they do best - I will be sure that Anna,Sanna and Winston sees your feedback, and we look forward to your return when next your travels take you this way.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herndon
The Westin Washington Dulles Airport
Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dulles Airport
Washington Dulles Airport Marriott
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel

Been to Hilton Washington Dulles Airport? Share your experiences!