“Best Pho” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Herndon, Virginia
“Best Pho”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The setting isn't the best but the Pho is excellent. Beef with tripe etc. they have a Pho for everyone. Go and try it !!!

Visited May 2014

“Missed it by that much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Drove further afield than nearer but more expensive ones. Noticed right after the sign that it had been rated on this site was the cash only one. Braved the chill to find an ATM. Was greeted and seated. Ordered straight away. All before the lively lunch trade. Some locals had come early. Part of the appeal at least for me was to get a STEAMING bowl to knock off the chill and scald my sore throat. Wide right. The tepid tea didnt do the trick either. Oh well. It was tasty.

Northern Virginia
“Just soup done right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

While they have a great chicken pho ... Most come for beef! Fabulous broth is what makes this 5 stars! A no frills, cash only place... Perfect for what they do. Order the jumbo onions in vinegar as they add a extra bite to the soup. Dont forget a ice coffee with milk for a refreshing drink!

Visited August 2013
Herndon, Virginia
“Great Carry Out and Great Portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Accepts cash-only which can be an obstacle on some days, but the portions are more than ample and the soup - about the only thing on the menu - is excellent and tasty. I've done carry-out and have not been disappointed. An excellent choice!

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Great Pho!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The restaurant serves only soup, and they accept cash only. I enjoy the food here so much that I stopped in twice last week!

You order by number and I always get #15, which is one of their beef selections. The servings are large!! I get the "regular" size and it is quite filling. I always get mine to go, and there is an additional 50 cent charge for the container. The to-go price for the regular size is currently $7.53. Not a bad price for the amount of food. I've seen the large size being delivered to the tables... Huge!

The to-go orders consist of a container of broth with the meat, a box with noodles, cilantro, and onion slices. There is a plastic bag containing bean sprouts, jalapeno slices, lime, and hot sauce. They also give you a spoon and chopsticks.

The restaurant is located in the K-Mart shopping center, so there's plenty of parking. Although, one of the days I went last week I had trouble finding a close in spot -- It was really cold and I didn't want to walk too far. Once I got in the restaurant I discovered why parking was so tight - The place was packed even though it was nearly 1300. I couldn't find a chair to sit in while I waited for my order! Several times we've called in our order and it has been waiting when we arrive.

• Visited January 2013