“Incredible flavor” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Sterling, Virginia
“Incredible flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

This is by far the best kabob house in town! This restaurant is owned and operated by a family born and raised in Afghanistan. The food is consistently outstanding, the naan is to die for, and Moby Dick can't hold a candle. We go here for lunch and dinner and we're never disappointed!

Visited June 2014

Chantilly, Virginia
“A favorite of all times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been a patron of the Afghani kabob place for years. I was introduced here by a friend on my visit from Middle East back in the 90's. Once it used to be one of the very few options for kabob in that neighborhood of Fairfax county. The prices were so low for an excellent dish of chicken or beef complete with bread, rice, salad and chickpeas, about $7. Lately they have increased the price to about $12-15 range, but not $20 as mentioned in Tripadvisor. The dollar figure will be reached if drinks and dessert are added though. Apart from flagship kabob menu, I like their chicken curry hands down. My daughter loves the Kashmiri chai. On weekdays, the place is frequented by IT gurus for lunch from all around as it is located near the Dulles high tech corridor. Food is still good, but fierce competition has spruced up in this decade with many kabob houses in Fairfax as well as in Loudoun counties, some offering lower prices. On certain occasions in recent years, I have not found the place to be always spic and span, that deters me to give them an all out five. To be fair, I have sensed that the cleanliness has improved a bit since last year. Variety of tasty food, reasonable price and decades old establishment serving halal. You cannot go wrong here!

Visited March 2014
Lakeland, Florida
“Good food good value no frills”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Got some lamb kebabs takeout one evening. The place is in a plaza with Kmart. Bare bones interior and no alcohol served. But the lamb was cooked to perfection and very tasty. Nice selection of sides and a basmati rice. The included salad is not worth mentioning. But the prices were reasonable and the meat very good so I rate it a 4. The side lentils were quite spicy in my opinion.

PENNSYLVANIA
“Interesting, tasty food for a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We went with a group of ten including 4 kids. They let us use the private room. The lamb dishes were excellent. The bread is made fresh and the rice is perfect. Food took a few minutes to arrive and you eat cafeteria style but with our group well worth it to save money. They made our dishes mild as we requested.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Never a disappointment. Friends agree.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Never a disappointment. The meats are tender and amazing. There is a wide variety of sides to choose. The salad is always fresh. The rice is perfect. If you want to experience the best tandoori grilled meats -- this is the place. I always get the super combo #4 with three meats: chicken, lamb, and keema kabob. I have introduced others to the restaurant and their expression upon "first taste" says it all. Since 2000 when in Herndon, VA I always go out of my way to stop in and have never had a disappointment.

• Visited April 2014