“Thank Goodness for a decent curry” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reston, Virginia
“Thank Goodness for a decent curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

For a number of years, the Harvest of India on Elden Street was our 'go to' place for curry. Then, a couple of years ago something changed in the kitchen and the food became inconsistent and occasionally poor. We switched to Angeethi further up Elden Street which everyone loves. Although the food there is good, we started to struggle to find good basic curry with thick spicy sauce. Something you can dip a Nan bread into!

On hearing that Harvest of India had merged with the Supper Club of India we thought it was time to try it again. Thank goodness we did. The food was delicious, the sauces were thick and nice and spicy and yes.........I could dip my nan bread with abandon!

Welcome back to good, basic curry.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Grasonville, Maryland
“Great food and service, look for them at a new location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Just a heads up this restaurant has moved to 364 Elden St. I stopped in to the Supper Club one night while staying at the the Marriott. I asked the waiter what was nice and spicy hot and he cautioned me on what I was asking. After a few exchanges I settled on the Gosht Achari and a side of garlic naan bread. Dinner was deliver piping hot in both ways and I started my attack. I’m glad I ordered what I did and not the next level, since this one was at about my limit. After I paid my bill the waiter came and apologized that they were moving and gave me his card with the new address. The next evening they were all packed up and moved to their new location.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Wisconsin
“Interesting experience and some great food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stumbled upon the Supper Club of India as we were staying across the street at the Crowne Plaza and just saw it as we were walking through the area of dinning establishments. Now this can be a recipe for disaster without at least checking some reviews, but what the heck, "I too live dangerously".

We started out with the chicken tikka as an appetizer, if you like grilled food you would love this. Very flavorful and well done, extremely mild on the spicy side.

My wife had the KALI MIRCH KE BOTI Deboned lamb marinated and finished with black peppers in a tandoor, she loved it, shared a bit with me and I loved it too, not too spicy at all, very flavorful.

I had the GOSHT VINDALOO Boneless lamb and potatoes cooked in a fiery red chilly and vinegar sauce. Served with rice. One thing you need to know about the menu at this restraunt is that when they say "fiery", they mean "you will need a fire extinguisher the next morning when you visit the restroom fiery". I loved it, but I love "you will need a fire extinguisher the next morning when you visit the restroom fiery" foods. My wife who has a much more delicate palate for spice was not interested in sharing when she noticed the sweat that had formed on my forehead. Again, I loved it, but if someone who doesn't understand what these terms really mean stumbles into ordering an item, they could end up with a less than pleasant dining experience, and the next morning as well.

The decor is what I guess a true Indian Supper Club would look like, the food does appear to be authentic India, the cook, head waiter/owner(?) and busboy are all from India originally so by all appearances this is a genuine Indian dining experience. (But what do I know, my experience in judging what is authentic in this culture is limited to flying Air India to Germany once.)

This is probably not for everyone, but if you have a sense of dining adventure, a limited budget, (costs were exceptionally reasonable, $16 to $18 average for our entree's) and enjoy something a bit different I would encourage you to try this option. The service was interesting, we were their on a slow night, they have more formal, but casual, dining in the evening and during the daytime they have a lunch buffet. I felt at first we may be taking time out of the head waiter/owner's? day by his first interactions with us, but he lightened up and became more engaging as we talked through the experience, just not extremely comfortable is how I would term it.

We will go back again if only because I saw there was an even hotter entree on the menu I didn't get to and of course I feel challenged to try it. But also, there are several appealing items on the menu we would like to try.

Visited September 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“What a superb feast !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had dinner yesterday here on a tour of this nation ! The variety and taste of food was quite nice ! The service was appreciable ! We came out with good satite ! Dr.K.Sundar ,Dubai.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Northern Virginia
“Wonderful restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant is owned by the same people who own Harvest of India (also in Herndon -- see my review), which is our very favorite Indian restaurant. Supper Club is a bit fancier, but just as delicious! We have not been to this one as many times, only because Harvest of India is our very favorite and it is a tradition for us.

• Visited May 2012