“really expensive but tasty” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Russia House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 178 restaurants in Herndon
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Elden Street
Lancaster, Ohio
“really expensive but tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place is quite elegant (probably not good to bring kids under 10). In fact there was no kids menu. Kind of a bummer when most dishes averaged around $20 each. The food was delicious but be prepared to pay a bit more than you might be used to. They did not offer us fountain drinks so we didn't know they had them until it was too late and our meal was over. Dessert selection was quite extensive. Overall yummy and classy but pricey.

Visited June 2014

72% Recommend
Washington DC
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We went here with high hopes. Food was forgettable and overpriced. Service was awful which really put a damper on things. We would have had a much bigger bill if we were ever offered chance to order more drinks etc

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint-Remy-de-Provence, France
“Fancy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

If appearances and style to impress is your objective for the dinner, here's your restaurant in Herndon.

Visited August 2013
us
“Such a dissapointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This was our first visit to Russia House and our last. We visited their website for the address and upon arrival were greeted with a sign on the door that they had moved!?!? It was only across the street but, no one could take the time to update the website and perhaps add a banner? "Grand Reopening Across the Street!". When we walked in the first impression was not bad but the decor is simple but pretty - very clean, however, within a few minutes I was ready to leave. We were not greeted promptly and when we were it was just to tell us to wait - which we did for nearly eight minutes while the only two people who were working waited tables, prepared drinks etc.....I found it extremely awkward and wanted to leave based on the perception that the service would be slow and likely poor. This turned out to be the case and I personally felt rushed when either of the staff came to our table. The appetizers were average - the pate was probably the best. Only five blinis were brought to a table of six and the caviar was served with metal spoons!?!? When our server returned to take our dinner orders again, I felt pressured and rushed to choose. The restaurant was nearly empty so, I can't even begin to imagine how bad the service would have been if it had been any busier. I also noted that other diners waited for their dessert menu and others their check for ages. The server was accommodating when my sister-in-law wanted changes made to a dish but, the majority of the food was just so disappointing. I ordered the braised pork chop which was huge and over-cooked, it was so tough I was unable to eat it. I did enjoy the red cabbage and potatoes on the plate however, the carrots were under-cooked. My husband had the noodles and caviar and I noticed that his noodles were so over-cooked they looked hard. Or, perhaps, the plate had been prepared and placed in a warmer too long??? My nephew's duck was definitely the best meal brought to table. Clearly the kitchen was understaffed as well. Just when I thought it couldn't be worse our desserts were served. I don't know what the "chocolate mousse" was but I can tell you it was not chocolate mousse! Grainy and hard the only way to describe it was awful! They should at least change the name so the guest won't expect one thing and be served something entirely different - it was inedible! My niece did enjoy the pistachio cheesecake which I am guessing was purchased from a bakery. The cream puffs were okay but, nothing to write home about. I had looked forward to visiting Russia House but, it appears that the best days for this restaurant have passed. Don't waste your money.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia, United States
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a first rate restaurant but expensive. Once you add up the appetizers, drinks, meals and desserts, it ends up being a very large bill. We have gone there as a family and when you are paying for many people it is almost heart stopping. The food is unique and good. The wait staff is excellent. The atmosphere is very calm and relaxing. The noise level is minimal. The location is in the heart of old Herndon and in good weather, a very nice place to walk around after dinning.

• Visited December 2013