“1st time homewood guest, I will stay at homewood again” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park, Stay, & Go
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
allen, tx
“1st time homewood guest, I will stay at homewood again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

This was the first time I have stayed at a Homewood Suites property. I will stay again the suite had 2 rooms a bedroom and a living room/kitchen. This is nice since one person likes to go to bed early and the other likes to stay up. The room was large and comforatable. The free breakfast was well above average for this catoagory of hotels. We stayed for 3 nights and had no issues at all with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
hershey pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

My wife and i got into the DC area around 10am. Our checkin time was not till 3pm but we went in and ask the manager for directions into downtown DC and that we would be back to checkin at 3. Not only did he give us the directions we asked for but he got us a shuttle to the airport to pick up the bus down to DC but he also let us checkin at 10am. Now that is great customer service. We ate the manager's meal on thurs. nite. The stuffed shells were very tasty and the beer and wine were a great addition to the meal. The breakfast on Friday morning while very simple was delicious. Our king bed suite was the best room my wife and i have ever stayed in. The room was clean and the bed had 5 pillows on it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We will defentially be staying here again on our next trip to the DC area. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

Spent 3 nights here. Pretty typical Homewood. Nice bedding, very clean not only in the room, but in the whole building as well. Breakfast was adequate, but nothing special. All three days the 3 item "hot" offering changed. decent access to a nearby freeway into DC. I was here Friday Saturday and Sunday night. The Homewood website offered a great weekend rate on this place, under $100.00 per night. It is a bit more expensive Sun thru Thurs. The front desk staff was disinterested and the cleaning staff did not restock the room adequately. Probably the worst staff I have ever dealt with at a Hilton property. Not that they were awful, just way below Hilton standards.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

Renovations have been completed and what a great property. We use this Homewood Suites for our business associates but it was the first time I had stayed and what a pleasant surprise. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spacious. We had a 2 bedroom suite and loved the ceiling fans in the bedrooms! Very clean, the staff is nice and always make you feel welcome with genuine smiles. The breakfast selection was excellent, nice variety and the food was good. The indoor pool/spa area was very nice and well maintained! I can't say enough about how great our stay was... we were there for a week and everything was perfect!!! Thank you for making that a very special vacation during the Christmas holiday when travel can be so stressful anyways, it was nice to know we had a relaxing place to come home to each night!

• Liked — The beds were VERY comfortable and the rooms were spacious.
  • Disliked — Wished there was wireless throughout the whole hotel not just in lobby.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

I am a frequent user Homewood properties, but I have to say this is one of the better ones I've visited. The check-in agent was so friendly and helpful with directions and other information I needed. I had booked a room with two double beds because that was the only selection available when I booked the room, but he noticed in my profile that I prefer a king room and quickly switched my room assignment. It was a standard Homewood King room, nothing special, but very clean. The hotel is going under some remodeling, but nothing that's really visable to the hotel guest. The nightly manager's reception was excellent and some of the most delicious chili I've ever tasted and I live in Texas so that's saying a lot! The hotel is in a very busy area and has several restaurants down the street. Probably not within walking distance, but just a minute or two by car. Overall a great stay and if I needed to stay near the Dulles Airport again I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed September 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
san francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

The hotel was more or less what you´d expect from Hilton´s Homewood chain, an upscale motel well suited for families. The suite works well for families who want some separation from kid(s) but don´t want to pay for an extra room.

However, there were a few problems on the execution side:

- I was leaving the hotel at 6pm for an evening flight and was pretty surprised that they asked me to leave the room by 2pm. I´m pretty high on the Hilton Honors foodchain and there was no one staying in my room for the next night. However, they wanted the room made up by the time the cleaning staff departed at 3pm. They were fully within their rights (official check-out was at noon), but generally the Hilton chain is more accommodating to its frequent stayers when there´s no additional cost to the hotel.

- The welcome sheet in our room was address to a different person.

- Signs at the swimming pool asked that we shower before entering, but there was no shower. The pool towels were more like kitchen towels.

- As with other Homewood Suites I´ve stayed in, the sheets had a polyester feel to them.

- There was no shuttle after midnight. We had to pay a taxi ($15). The other Homewood Suites (as well as the Embassy Suites) near Dulles offer all night airport shuttle service.

- The breakfast offered no cut fruit, such as grapefruits.

Nothing too damning here, but we´d probably stay at a different Hilton chain hotel near Dulles on our next go-around.

• Stayed August 2008
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

I had to spend a week in the Washington DC area and this Homewood Suites proved to be a great basecamp. Breakfast was good, rooms clean, service friendly... this would be your average stay, but since nothing went wrong (and something usually does), I'd rate this stay above average.

• Liked — Overall value
  • Disliked — Area where hotel is located is not developed, so not much nearby (walking distance)
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!