“Snowed in” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
King, North Carolina
“Snowed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I ended up at the Homewood Suites at Dulles because my flights home got cancelled. There was 15+ inches of snow. Everything in the area was shut down. Thank goodness this was a Homewood Suites which meant that they had breakfast and dinner for us to enjoy. So there were no worries about where I would go to get a meal. Even beer and wine, so if you like could relax and not worry about the fact that you couldn't get home.
The next morning my flights cancelled and I decided to drive the 6 hours home. When I went to check out, the front desk staff asked if they could help me shovel out my car and get it ready for me to drive. Now I know that is not in their job duties.
Excellent place to be snowed in!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cortland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Over the last few months I've stayed here multiple weeks, yet never once was I recognized or welcomed back. You would think these hotels would make a point to highlight your reservation so the front desk clerk would know you're a frequent customer. Don't try to take a shower during the morning rush because all you'll get is warm water. The shower control is the absolute worst kluge i've ever used.
On the other hand, the kitchen staff was always pleasant and helpful. No it's not gourmet food but after a long day of work it was nice to have some comfort food without waiting at a restaurant, and epecially nice when weather was bad and many places were closed

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms next to the elevators, noisy
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stafford, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Homewood Suites for 4 nights during the snow storm. My stay was better than I expected. My check in was great. I arrived very early and they were nice enough to allow me to check in before my training so I got a chance to get situated. They offered daily shuttle service to and from my training site. The daily breakfast was not bad. It wasn't a continental breakfast so that was a plus for me. It was free so it was worth it. Complimentary dinner was offered. I wasn't too impressed with the hot entree but the salad bar was more for me. For those who enjoy wine and beer, that was complimentary too. It's difficult to complain about a meal that was free. I saved a lot of money by taking advantage of the meals.

The downfall...my room was clean but the furniture was dated. The couch left a lot to be desired. I steered clear of it just for my own sanity. The room had it's own thermostat but I am convinced that the heat wasn't working. It was frigid in my room and I called the tech to come and repair it. While I was gone for 8 hours, he "fixed" it but when I came back to the room, all I saw was his tools scattered on the table. I took it upon myself to wear layers from that point forward. I can assure you it was much warmer in my room than it was outside so I just dealt with it. Aside from that hiccup, I was satisfied with my stay!

I took advantage of the fitness center. I was pleased with it. It served it's purpose for me. My workouts were quite peaceful.

The business center was great! Some places don't offer complimentary print service but Homewood did and that was a relief as I needed to print some docs for my training.

Room Tip: They offer to go containers during mealtime if you want to save some money and have food for lunch.
chester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Rooms were clean and nice. Good price for the area. Only problem was the icemaker did not work. Had to go to front desk for a bag of ice. Otherwise this is a great hotel in a good area. Front desk staff was great. We had to cancel due to weather but they were nice enough not to charge us at 4:30 PM. Will come back next week.

Richboro, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stop at a Wawa if they have them in the area, otherwise, pack your own snacks unless you want Hot Pockets and candy for dinner. We checked in late (they were amenable to that) but because the hotel is mostly efficiencies (no room service or kitchen which is no big deal if they had a delivery menu or yellow pages), their "kitchen" selection in the lobby is somewhat limited (which is also acceptable); however, to give this hotel more stars, I would have enjoyed a take-out or delivery menu but naught were to be found.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've stayed at the Homewood Dulles multiple times, and each time has been great. Just south of 267 & just east of 28, there's easy access to/from Dulles & all surrounding areas. Comfortable suite accommodations with excellent breakfast & reception offerings. The staff was extra friendly, attentive and helpful. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Herndon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is a great value and is very close to airport. Tucked away in Sunrise valley Drive with great view of the airport. Friendly professional staff! Great breakfast every morning. Wish dinner had been offered until 7:30-8:00 for those of us who work later. My room was right next to elevator and I could hear it but overall very quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!