“Better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Stafford, Virginia, United States
“Better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Homewood Suites for 4 nights during the snow storm. My stay was better than I expected. My check in was great. I arrived very early and they were nice enough to allow me to check in before my training so I got a chance to get situated. They offered daily shuttle service to and from my training site. The daily breakfast was not bad. It wasn't a continental breakfast so that was a plus for me. It was free so it was worth it. Complimentary dinner was offered. I wasn't too impressed with the hot entree but the salad bar was more for me. For those who enjoy wine and beer, that was complimentary too. It's difficult to complain about a meal that was free. I saved a lot of money by taking advantage of the meals.

The downfall...my room was clean but the furniture was dated. The couch left a lot to be desired. I steered clear of it just for my own sanity. The room had it's own thermostat but I am convinced that the heat wasn't working. It was frigid in my room and I called the tech to come and repair it. While I was gone for 8 hours, he "fixed" it but when I came back to the room, all I saw was his tools scattered on the table. I took it upon myself to wear layers from that point forward. I can assure you it was much warmer in my room than it was outside so I just dealt with it. Aside from that hiccup, I was satisfied with my stay!

I took advantage of the fitness center. I was pleased with it. It served it's purpose for me. My workouts were quite peaceful.

The business center was great! Some places don't offer complimentary print service but Homewood did and that was a relief as I needed to print some docs for my training.

Room Tip: They offer to go containers during mealtime if you want to save some money and have food for lunch.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
chester, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

Rooms were clean and nice. Good price for the area. Only problem was the icemaker did not work. Had to go to front desk for a bag of ice. Otherwise this is a great hotel in a good area. Front desk staff was great. We had to cancel due to weather but they were nice enough not to charge us at 4:30 PM. Will come back next week.

Richboro, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stop at a Wawa if they have them in the area, otherwise, pack your own snacks unless you want Hot Pockets and candy for dinner. We checked in late (they were amenable to that) but because the hotel is mostly efficiencies (no room service or kitchen which is no big deal if they had a delivery menu or yellow pages), their "kitchen" selection in the lobby is somewhat limited (which is also acceptable); however, to give this hotel more stars, I would have enjoyed a take-out or delivery menu but naught were to be found.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've stayed at the Homewood Dulles multiple times, and each time has been great. Just south of 267 & just east of 28, there's easy access to/from Dulles & all surrounding areas. Comfortable suite accommodations with excellent breakfast & reception offerings. The staff was extra friendly, attentive and helpful. Overall, a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Herndon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel is a great value and is very close to airport. Tucked away in Sunrise valley Drive with great view of the airport. Friendly professional staff! Great breakfast every morning. Wish dinner had been offered until 7:30-8:00 for those of us who work later. My room was right next to elevator and I could hear it but overall very quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Belmont, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This hotel and my room were very clean. The bed was comfortable as was the pillow. The complementary breakfast was excellent with many choices, including yogurt. The location of this hotel was ideal for my business trip. The hotel's staff was very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone needing a place to stay.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Well it took sometime to writes this review as i considered them as home , then i thought why not writes something about them

I Stayed there as my company accommodation for few months , wow they cared so much about us, helped us in our room arrangements , shuttle facility to our office and back and with nice location near Dulles International Airport and Reston.

Room was comfy and large . they made sure its cleaned daily and thoroughly . I loved the bed . Still miss it now .

The Staffs were are all friendly and courteous to our requests .

I would recommend anyone to opt for this Hotel if you get a chance.

Thanks for the wonderful experience we had while we stayed there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business