“Superb accommodations” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Elgin, United States
“Superb accommodations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel prior to flying home from visiting our son in D.C. We arrived at the hotel tired and hungry and were immediately invited to stash our luggage in our suite and join the Evening Manager's Reception, which involved a crackling fireplace, large screen TV turned low, a salmon dinner and choice of beer, wine or soft drinks. What a welcome surprise! Our bed was extremely comfortable, and the hotel automatically provided 6 pillows for a king bed -- 3 feather ones, and 3 non-feather ones which I deeply appreciated. Normally I have to ask for non-feather pillows because of allergies, and I usually am told there aren't any. The kitchenette was very well-equipped, though we didn't have time to try out more than the coffee maker the next morning. We had to leave for Dulles before breakfast was served; but if the night before was any clue, I'm sure it was substantial.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

233 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Have been staying here since they opened whenever my work brings me to this area. The last two times I've found it to be on the downslide with the quality of housekeeping services/cleanliness falling off, lightbulbs burned out never replaced, inconsistent linens provided daily but the run the dishwasher to do one mug and spoon!, Also, the presentation, quality of the included food unappealing ( i never eat here, had been staying for the spacious rooms), and problems w the heat/ac in the rooms I was assigned. There are a lot of other choices in the area so i will probably consider other options next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed at this Homewood Suites as an interim hotel between two parts of my trip. It's a comfortable enough place - the suite is decent sized and they charge a very competitive price.

Everything is very clean and well kept, and the staff is nice and helpful.

The only thing I couldn't figure out was the housekeeping schedule. I did sleep in (after thirty-seven hours of travel I needed a huge block of sleep), but I was out of the room by 10 am, and not back until after 4:00. My room was never attended to in this time.

As I'm not particularly fond of having someone clean while I'm sitting right there, I didn't make a fuss over it and continued my stay to check out the next morning. As a single traveler, there were more than enough towels, toilet paper, and other amenities, even with a skipped housekeeping day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manassas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The staff accommodated all our needs for our corporate event. the Shenandoah Room was the perfect size for our meeting as well as eating space. We were happy with the service. We had our lunch and dinner from outside caterers and had Homewood Suites provide an afternoon snack as well as beer and wine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a great hotel that I will bring family for vacation in future. Breakfast is also great. Room is clean and quiet and I like the tables and kitchen in the room. Staff service is excellent. It is a valuable hotel for stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

duncansville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at Homewood as we were leaving on early morning flight. We were welcomed as we arrived and were promptly waited upon as we entered the staff was very friendly and courteous the accommodations were excellent and the shuttle service was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for 1 night in October.
The airport Shuttle service was excellent.
The Driver Abraham was very very helpful with helping us with our luggage, and was very punctual with his timings.
We stayed in a smoking room (my husband is a smoker). And OMG you could smell the smoke as soon as you entered the room.
Horrible stale smell, and the windows don't open so the room has never been aired out properly.

The bedsheets smelled bad when I called the reception they said the room had been cleaned and was checked off. So that was their side covered. I changed the bedsheets with a spare set that was in the closet.

The AC came on and you would swear a truck had come into the room. I turned it off and was grateful the outside temperatures were close to freezing.

Just a dated dingy hotel where I wouldn't stay again. Of course my husband didn't have many options when searching for hotels that allowed smoking.
Now I know why.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport

Address: 13460 Sunrise Valley Drive, Herndon, VA 20171
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax County > Herndon
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Family Hotel in Herndon
#6 Business Hotel in Herndon
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport Hotel Herndon
Homewood Suites Herndon
Homewood Herndon
Herndon Homewood Suites

If you own or manage Homewood Suites Dulles International Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.