“Feels like home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Herndon
“Feels like home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2011

I have been staying at this hotel long term. I checked in at the end of Sept. 2009. The staff here has made this a home away from home. The staff is wonderful. Rita is always smiles and personable. Princess always meets me at the door with a smile and friendly conversation, Marta and whole cleaning staff (can't remember all their names and I see them every morning, shame on me) greats me every morning.And last but not least Peter and Stan, the GMs, always has something kind to say. I have also had the honor of dealing with the night auditor, Melody, a few times and she is also the nicest person you would ever meet.

Like I said, I have been here for over a year and the staff here is exceptional. The location is great, 10 minutes by taxi from the airport, connection to the highways are very easy, lots of restaraunts close by as well as shopping. The mall is 15 minutes up the road. I would definately recommend this location to travelers either business or pleasure.

I have brought my family here several times over the last year to see DC and we were able to drive to DC and see the sights within 45 minutes and drive back without the headache of inner city DC.

This has been a wonderful experience.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Hello zstin56! You're wonderful review brought so much delight to our staff. Thank you for mentioning all of us. I am very pleased that you feel at home in our hotel, long-term guests like you, is like family to us. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to be of better service to you. And thank you for this review, it meant so much to all of us.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Deptford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

The hotel is beautifully decorated, and very clean. It had a sense of having never been used. The beds are confortable. Oh! I loved that they offered enough towels. It is great to be here.. The staff is excellent!! Aways welcome with greetings. I have staying in this hotel since January 2010 and am still staying in the hotel. Rita, the director of the hotel is a great person with amazing personality. She is very helpfull and make you feel at home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 14, 2011
It is always great to read a positive review such as yours, jmany145! I am very pleased that you appreciate the decor of our hotel and the comfort of our bed. I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to Rita. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable. Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review.
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This self-catering establishment is a stone's throw away from Dulles Airport. It features clean and comfortable self-catering suites. I found it to be great value for money and homely. The staff were also most professional and friendly.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, February 3, 2011
Thank you for your kind review, we strive to make out hotel your home away from home.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I accepted a job in the DC area in March 2010. I needed to start quickly, so I didn't have time to (and frankly, did not want to have to) go through the time-consuming, arduous task of quickly finding an apartment as well as all the furnishings to go in it, along with committing to a lengthy lease and setting up utility service.

Candlewood Suites to the rescue. I saw in an ad that this hotel was running a long-term residential special with no commitment. I was (and still am) waiting for my house back in Texas to sell. My partner is staying behind there to oversee the house while I continue working in my job and calling Candlewood my temporary home.

Living in a hotel long term? It might sound crazy, but my partner and I have both stayed in Candlewood Suites hotels in several places all over the country. (He works as a sign-language interpreter in Houston and is a regular guest at one of the Candlewoods there.) So we are both familiar with how this class of hotel is set up.

I don't need room service. My studio room gives me a minikitchen with full-size refrigerator, two eyes on a range, a microwave, a toaster, a dishwasher, and a coffee maker -- more than enough for my needs. I enjoy a comfortable (and sleep-inducing) recliner while I read or watch the flat-screen television. I have a desk with both wired and wireless Internet access available (the connection is stable most of the time, and the few times it's been problematic, technical support has almost always quickly resolved the problem). Housekeeping comes every week to clean the room and change the linens, and the laundry room with free washers and dryers is just down the corridor from my room.

I'm coming up on 11 months living here, and the staff have been kind and helpful. Whenever I've had a question, they have been quick to respond (twice now I've left my room without my key card, and the front desk staff have gladly made me a new one when needed).

The experience has been good on so many counts. As happy as I'll be when our house back in Texas finally sells, I'll be a little sad because I won't be staying here, so close to my job. This hotel is right off the Dulles Toll Road, making my commute to work almost always effortless. If you want a fancy hotel with a restaurant and bar and 24-hour room service, this isn't the place for you (as an independent and self-reliant person, I would avoid such places anyway). But if you need something solid and reliable with good value, by all means, come here. It's the best of both worlds of apartment living and having your own place.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear rgw123, Wow! Your review covered it all. Thank you for taking the time to write, in details, your experience with us. We are happy to know that we are able to successfully accommodate all your needs. If in the future you need a place to stay again, you are always welcome to come back. Thank you for choosing to stay at Candlewood Suites Herndon!
Spanish Fort, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I was in a rough time in my life and the Crew at this Candlewood IS AMAZING!!!! They made sure that my daughter (infant) and I were safe and that nothing I needed... Rita and Peter are amazing people and if there is anything you need or that needs to be done in the room or anything they will try to get done for you... The Cleaning crew they have is the best in any hotel chain I have EVER stayed at. Everytime I need a place to stay in Dulles I WILL BE STAYING AT THE HOTEL WORTH STAYING AT!!! And that is Candlewood Suites Dulles Herndon....

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
It is such a delight to read your review, Mommy2mhymiracle! We strive to make evry guest feel safe and happy while they are in our hotel. Thank you for mentioning me and Rita. I'll be sure to tell the housekeepers how happy you were with their service too! We are looking forward to your next visit with us. Thank you for writing this review!.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

One of the best hotel stays we have experienced! Quiet surroundings, extremely friendly and professional staff and management that cares!
We'll be back! Again and again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear traveller252525,

Im glad you have enjoyed your experience with Candlewood Herndon! Our staff is always looking to assist and make every guest feel comfortable while they're in our hotel. Thank you for the excellent review! We're looking forward to your next visit with us.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

If you are at planning a business trip to offices around the western tip of Sunrise Valley Drive, the Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon is an excellent place to consider and with good value too.

Dan (Weekend Manager) and the front desk staff provided excellent service during my stay @ Candlewood Suites. Keep up the good work, Dan!

Adrian
(Singapore)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
All our staff, as well as Dan, is very much appreciative of your review Adrian. Thank you for taking the time to do this. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!