“Extremely Friendly Staff and Quiet Atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Extremely Friendly Staff and Quiet Atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

One of the best hotel stays we have experienced! Quiet surroundings, extremely friendly and professional staff and management that cares!
We'll be back! Again and again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear traveller252525,

Im glad you have enjoyed your experience with Candlewood Herndon! Our staff is always looking to assist and make every guest feel comfortable while they're in our hotel. Thank you for the excellent review! We're looking forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

If you are at planning a business trip to offices around the western tip of Sunrise Valley Drive, the Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon is an excellent place to consider and with good value too.

Dan (Weekend Manager) and the front desk staff provided excellent service during my stay @ Candlewood Suites. Keep up the good work, Dan!

Adrian
(Singapore)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
All our staff, as well as Dan, is very much appreciative of your review Adrian. Thank you for taking the time to do this. We hope to see you again soon.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Room 209. At 10:30 pm I found 3 critters crawling on the sheets so I captured them and froze them overnight in a coffee mug for further identification. I stripped the bed and found nothing else so slept there that night. Bad decision as I was bit anyway during the night (blood smear on sheet was proof). I took the bugs to the front desk in the morning and the changed me to another room. I did an internet search and confirmed they were bedbugs. Also learned how hard they can be to get rid of. I carefully checked my new room but found no sign. I did not sleep well the rest of the week. The front desk told me they would have the exterminators in several times to correct the problem. I decided not to stay there the following week.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, September 23, 2010
We would like to thank this guest for bringing the pest problem to our attention. We all know these pests are very difficult to detect and eradicate. This problem was confined to this room and we took steps through extermination to remove the pests from this suite. We were glad that we were able to move this guest to another suite that was without incident. The hotel industry in this area as well as in many other areas of the country is working hard to combat this problem. We have a vigilant process of looking for this problem in all our suties to ensure that the guests do not encounter any problems of this type during their stay. It is unfortunate that this one slipped by but by no means is this common to our hotel.
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Found 3 bugs on my bed (8/16/10) about 10:30 pm. Put them in a cup and froze them for later identification. Since it was late I decided (foolishly) to stay in that room so I stripped bed and found nothing else so put a couple of sheets back on and slept. In the morning I found a blood smear so I guess I got bit anyway. I notified the hotel staff and they changed my room. I stripped the covers off that bed and found no evidence but admit that I'm nervous about sleeping there tonight.
Note: I've stayed in the hotel for years and this is the first time I've ever had such a problem.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

You can't beat the price and service. Front desk attendent had a great attitude and was very helpful during check in...even though it was 10:30 PM. Rooms are roomy, clean, comfortable and spacious. Fairly easy access to highway and only a couple minutes from the Dulles airport.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Dear thead125,

It is always a pleasure to be of service to wonderful guests like you. Thank you for the positive review. Please keep us in mind next time you visit our area in the future.
New Smyrna Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

Hotel is located close to Dulles airport. Staff is friendly and the service is great.
It is an excellent value for the dollars spent. All rooms have kitchen service. Noise from airport is minimal.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your review JimNewSmyrnaBeach_FL! You are right, although we are close to Dulles Airport, you will barely hear the airport traffic. Im happy that you thought it is worth staying a Candlewood Herndon. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you.
Yorktown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Candlewood Suites Dulles is well suited to serve as my home away from home. As a female solo traveler I have enjoyed my stays at Candlewood on many occasions. This facility offers clean efficiently run stuido and one bedroom suites at price I can afford. The service and cleanliness is excellent and I have always felt welcome and safe here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
People say, "there is no place like home." So when you said we served as your "home away from home," I was really thrilled. It is truly the best compliment ever! I hope you'd continue to patronize Candlewood Herndon. Thank you for your wonderful review, dshultz021.

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!