“bedbug alert” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“bedbug alert”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

Found 3 bugs on my bed (8/16/10) about 10:30 pm. Put them in a cup and froze them for later identification. Since it was late I decided (foolishly) to stay in that room so I stripped bed and found nothing else so put a couple of sheets back on and slept. In the morning I found a blood smear so I guess I got bit anyway. I notified the hotel staff and they changed my room. I stripped the covers off that bed and found no evidence but admit that I'm nervous about sleeping there tonight.
Note: I've stayed in the hotel for years and this is the first time I've ever had such a problem.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

You can't beat the price and service. Front desk attendent had a great attitude and was very helpful during check in...even though it was 10:30 PM. Rooms are roomy, clean, comfortable and spacious. Fairly easy access to highway and only a couple minutes from the Dulles airport.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear thead125,

It is always a pleasure to be of service to wonderful guests like you. Thank you for the positive review. Please keep us in mind next time you visit our area in the future.
New Smyrna Beach, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

Hotel is located close to Dulles airport. Staff is friendly and the service is great.
It is an excellent value for the dollars spent. All rooms have kitchen service. Noise from airport is minimal.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your review JimNewSmyrnaBeach_FL! You are right, although we are close to Dulles Airport, you will barely hear the airport traffic. Im happy that you thought it is worth staying a Candlewood Herndon. We hope you'll visit us again soon. Thank you.
Yorktown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Candlewood Suites Dulles is well suited to serve as my home away from home. As a female solo traveler I have enjoyed my stays at Candlewood on many occasions. This facility offers clean efficiently run stuido and one bedroom suites at price I can afford. The service and cleanliness is excellent and I have always felt welcome and safe here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
People say, "there is no place like home." So when you said we served as your "home away from home," I was really thrilled. It is truly the best compliment ever! I hope you'd continue to patronize Candlewood Herndon. Thank you for your wonderful review, dshultz021.
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

The rooms have been recently upgraded (within the last couple of years). The TV was much nicer than anything I have at home. The bed was comfortable and the room had all the basic essentials for a kitchen. I stayed for more than a month. My room was neatly cleaned once a week. The hotel features free laundry, which is nice if you are staying for a while. The stay was nice and friendly. They hosted a bbq on a Wed. night that made it feel a little more like home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, biakpinoy! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel amenities. The barbecue we do each year for our guests is one of the many great things we do to make you all feel at home. This also enables us to get to know each of you and it also helps the guests make new friends. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
roscommon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I travel all over the place on business and this hotel is by far the nicest place I have stayed, the rooms are very cozy for an extended stay with a great kichen and very comfortable bed. The staff are friendly and helpful from Yusef , Stan,and Peter, also the sales lady RITA , makes all her guests feel welcome and greet you with a smile

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I travel all over for the comany I work for this is the longest stay in one place that I have had. This is my extended home, there is everything that I need in one place!
Very clean and neat Oh yeah did I mention that the laundry is free and thereis more than one washer and dryer.

If you travel alot as I do this is a nice place to be at night when you are too tied to go to dinner and just want to make something yourself and watch tv.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!