“Outstanding home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Yorktown
“Outstanding home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Candlewood Suites Dulles is well suited to serve as my home away from home. As a female solo traveler I have enjoyed my stays at Candlewood on many occasions. This facility offers clean efficiently run stuido and one bedroom suites at price I can afford. The service and cleanliness is excellent and I have always felt welcome and safe here.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
People say, "there is no place like home." So when you said we served as your "home away from home," I was really thrilled. It is truly the best compliment ever! I hope you'd continue to patronize Candlewood Herndon. Thank you for your wonderful review, dshultz021.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

The rooms have been recently upgraded (within the last couple of years). The TV was much nicer than anything I have at home. The bed was comfortable and the room had all the basic essentials for a kitchen. I stayed for more than a month. My room was neatly cleaned once a week. The hotel features free laundry, which is nice if you are staying for a while. The stay was nice and friendly. They hosted a bbq on a Wed. night that made it feel a little more like home.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, biakpinoy! I am glad you enjoyed our hotel amenities. The barbecue we do each year for our guests is one of the many great things we do to make you all feel at home. This also enables us to get to know each of you and it also helps the guests make new friends. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
roscommon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

I travel all over the place on business and this hotel is by far the nicest place I have stayed, the rooms are very cozy for an extended stay with a great kichen and very comfortable bed. The staff are friendly and helpful from Yusef , Stan,and Peter, also the sales lady RITA , makes all her guests feel welcome and greet you with a smile

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

I travel all over for the comany I work for this is the longest stay in one place that I have had. This is my extended home, there is everything that I need in one place!
Very clean and neat Oh yeah did I mention that the laundry is free and thereis more than one washer and dryer.

If you travel alot as I do this is a nice place to be at night when you are too tied to go to dinner and just want to make something yourself and watch tv.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
humble
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

i could not get in to my room,when i arrived at the hotel about 11;00 p.m.there was no front desk person,no telephone to contact the manger or any one.i slept on the sofe by the recipation.if you get after 11;00 p.m. you are youer own.i dont recommend for no one.the rooms are excellent but the mangents are "f" our "0"

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, July 6, 2009
I would like to say I am sorry that the guest had a bad experience. We have 2 different telephones one red and one white at the front desk area to contact the manager on duty. If the guest wasn't registered there is a late check in area where their key would be waiting. We have staff here 24/7 and check the lobby frequently in cases like this where the guest is not aware of the set-up of the hotel. Again I am sorry for the inconvience of the guest in that this is a rare occurance in my 9 years at the hotel.
Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed here only 1 night while moving to the US from England. The front desk staff (Yusef and Peter) were wonderful. Helpful, talkative and kind. The room, while comfortable, was a bit dated and in need of upgrading. the cabinets were slightly water damaged in the kitchen. The sofa bed linens only include 1 pillow; rather strange. but I am sure if we asked for one we would get one. No real complaints.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you for your review bblawson! We hope you will get to try us out one more time when you are back in the area again, especially because we have renovated our hotel not-so-long ago. I am happy our staff made a difference during your stay. Looking forward to your next visit with us.
Scotland, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

Agree with previous reviews incredible value, good facilites and close to airport. Due to our travel plans we wanted to stay close to airport but visit Washington DC. Easy enough if you have car.

Would Recommend

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!