“Clean, comfortable and very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Immenstedt, Germany
“Clean, comfortable and very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our son is an intern at VW Headquarter in Reston and so my husband an I have been visiting him. We have been one month at this hotel and have felt very well. Princess and Katie at the frontdesk have been happy, helpful and very nice, the chambermaid makes good work, the flatlet is furnished comfortably and everything what you need for a 4-week stay exists. We have felt very well and can recommend this hotel well. The price-performance ratio is more than well!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Astrid H.,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience with our hotel. It is a delight to know that you were satisfied with your stay and that you will recommend us to other people. I will let our team members know that you appreciate their help during your four-week stay. We hope you get to visit us again in the future. Thank you for staying at Candlewood Suites Herndon.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Brno, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife an I spent one night in a one bedroom apartment at the Candlewood Suites in Herndon, Virginia. It is very close to Dulles Airport it was a good place to relax in a home-like atmosphere after back to back international flights. The staff was helpful and very friendly, and I was impressed to see that the apartment a
Was not only quite clean, but also had a surprisingly well equipped kitchen i would stay here again, for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Roger J.,

We are glad we impressed you with the cleanliness of our hotel. Our suites are designed to give you the convenience of having a fully equipped kitchen like you have at home. We hope you’ll keep us in mind next time you need a place to relax in the area. Thank you for writing us a review.
Paw Paw, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband has been staying here while on a project for the last several months. It is ideally located to many things and yet off the main roads. The room is clean and well appointed but most importantly the staff, especially Princess and Katie are extremely good at hospitality. They make you feel welcome and cared for. We you return they make it feel like you are coming home and they are glad you are back. They definitely make it worth the stay. Has made for a good home away from home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jody R.,

We’d like to thank you for staying with us all these months and for writing us a wonderful review. We are dedicated in ensuring you have a wonderful stay and it is a delight we’re able to accomplish that through you and your husband. Thank you for letting us be your home away from home and we hope to be of service to you in the next months to come.
La Ceja, Antioquia, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Candlewood Suites doesn't have a lot of amenities, but it offers a lot for the money. The Herndon property seems to be well-run and is a good representative for the brand.

I just needed a place to stay for 9 hours after arriving on a late-night flight into Dulles. I looked on my company travel website for choices, and Candlewood Suites was the best value. There were lower cost hotels that were much farther from the airport or appeared to be very low end. There were plenty of hotels that cost 50% more and would offer a few more amenities. Even though I was not traveling on my own dime, I could not see spending so much more for the small difference.

For me, the difference in amenities that you don't get here that you would get at say, a higher-end Intercontinental brand are:

- You just get queen-sized bed with regular linens - no 400 count thread here.
- Furniture is definitely purchased on a tight budget, but it's functional
- Bathroom toiletries are not great.
- They don't clean every day, because it is intended to be a long-term stay. No effect on me when I am there one night.
- No trash can in the bathroom (this I don't understand, and it is the one thing that annoys me about the chain, since I don't think it would cost much).

In return for the minor inconveniences listed above, you pay about 1/3 less and you get the honor canteen, which I like a lot (more below).

I liked the lock box in the lobby. I arrived after 11:00, so the desk was not staffed. There was a set of small "mailboxes" in the entry with first names on them. All I had to do was locate my name and enter the first three letters of my last name. The room key and welcoming information was inside. There is a number to call if you need help after hours. NOTE: I asked what would happen if there were people with the same first name. In that case, they use the last name and you enter the first three letters of your first name.

One thing I love about Candlewood is the honor system canteen. Even though it was late, I was able to find something decent to eat, which is not always the case even with higher-end hotels. There is a good selection of items that you can microwave in your room, or you can even buy some stuff that you can cook on the stove. I will note the canteen here was a little smaller and had less selection than others I have seen in the chain, but it was still satisfactory. The free coffee in the canteen is probably one of the best free hotel coffees that I have ever had.

The room and the rest of the hotel appeared to be clean. The internet speed was good. The hotel is located in a sort of office park that is quiet - no need to worry about outside noise here.

If you just need a place to stay, and aren't looking for a destination hotel experience, Candlewood Suites is a great value and the Herndon property lives up to the name.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Coolcoil,

We are happy that you pointed out the things you think is great and not-so-great about our hotel. It is beneficial for our hotel to learn how we can improve our service and so we are very appreciative of your review. The Candlewood Suites brand is designed to accommodate the extended stay traveler who is budget-conscious. To keep our rates low, we offer basic amenities that most of the travelers need. Although we don’t offer the amenities a full service hotel does, we make up for it by providing quality service. It is our top priority to ensure that our guests are comfortable and happy during their stay.

We are delighted to know you are pleased with our food selection in the Candlewood Cupboard and that you found it easy to do our after-hours registration. If by any chance you come back and stay with us again, we hope you won’t miss the trash bin we have in the cabinet under the bathroom sink. You should also find in there an extra tissue and toilet paper for your use. Again, we thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and we hope to be of service to again the future
herndon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is the best hotel. I have stayed here repeatedly since 2004, often long term when I am transitioning back after working overseas. Peter and his staff welcome me like family coming home. Many of the staff have been here for years, Dan, Katie, Princess, Marta. I cannot say enough about how good the staff are, nothing is too much trouble! Rooms are good, well set up with dishwasher, microwave and 2 burner hotplate. Free laundry facilities as well.
Great access to Dulles airport, and close to park and ride lot for transport to downtown DC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you Lynn B for your excellent review! It is such a delight to welcome you back year after year, and we appreciate your continued patronage of our hotel. We are glad that our team is a big factor in your decision to come back and stay with us again. We try to be consistent with our service, always making sure that each and every guest gets the special treatment they deserve. We hope to continue serving you in the many years to come. Looking forward to your next visit with us.
Little Elm, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for almost 4 months on a project.
It was a peaceful place, felt like home. The receptionist are great and the room cleaners are also friendly.

Will recommend this hotel to anybody anytime. I give them 99.999%

Room Tip: I prefer rooms facing the road so I can see whats going on...lol
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Such a wonderful review, Dayo J! Thank you for giving us a 99.999% We are happy you got to experience the Candlewood Suites Herndon team's hospitality. We love our guests and we do all that we can do to make you feel at home with us. We hope we get to be of service to you again. Thank you for the recommendation and for spending four months of your time with us.
Rockville, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed one night in May for an early morning flight from Dulles. Staff helpful, but hotel rather worn and had the feeling of a nice shelter! TV was old and very basic. However, the rooms come with a kitchen and the bed was comfortable and the bathroom clean. Would be helpful if it offered a shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear KirstyGharavi,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am pleased that you found our staff to be helpful and the bed accommodations to be comfortable. However, please accept my apology that the ambiance on site did not completely suit your liking.

I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to the area.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!