“Just what I needed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Greenville, SC
“Just what I needed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights, knowing there would be no daily cleaning nor breakfast which were both fine. The courtesy of the front office folks, especially Princess, was amazing. My big special need was for late checkout, which was granted. I would definitely stay here again.
If you are looking for a quiet place, very clean, with pretty good internet, you will like it fine. It's more space and privacy than a hotel room, plus a real kitchen! On the other hand if you're looking for a fancy place with new furnishings you may be disappointed.
If you're looking for restaurants, the Herndon Town Center is within walking distance for a good walker. It has a huge selection.

Room Tip: If you'll be using the elevator a lot, note that it is not centered so some rooms will be far fr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you SouthernFamilyOf3 for taking the time to write a review about your stay. It is a delight to know that we were able to accommodate your needs during your stay. We do our best to ensure everyone gets quality service and clean, comfortable rooms at all times. I'll be happy to let Princess know you mentioned her name in your review. Thank you for staying at our hotel and we hope to be of service to you again in the future.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed at this property after a late night flight landed in Dulles. it was VERY near the airport and quite convenient. I was a bit trepidatious when I was told there was no late night check ins, but lock boxes were used to assist with that process. Thankfully, we had no problems using the lock box to check in.

Also quite wonderful was the "Candlewood Cupboard", which was an "honor" 24 hour sundries / snack store. You log the items that you take and then true up in the morning. I was so happy for this service.

The hotel itself was fine. The bathroom was a bit outdated, but it was clean. The rooms all had a full kitchenette, which was also convenient. When we finally needed the front desk staff, they were professional and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Clumsylsis,
The reviews we get are very important to us because it gives us a chance to find out what people think of our hotel and tells us how we can improve our service. So, thank you for taking the time to write us one.
I am glad that you find our cupboard wonderful and that you thought our team members are helpful. Please keep in mind that we are available to assist you 24 hours a day even after hours. We would love to be of service to you again, please come back and see us again soon.
Marathon, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Don't arrive after 11pm, because they roll down the steel gate. Nobody there to help until 8 am. No breakfast. Surprised the electric was still on. Just an awful place. Rooms are OK, if you can actually check in. Never again. You have been warned!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, go somewhere else. You have been warned!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear TheRealDeal_12,
I can tell by your review that you were frustrated about our afterhour’s registration. Our front desk hours are indeed from 7-11pm, but although we close the front desk after 11pm, we have someone in the hotel available to help 24 hours a day/7 days a week, should you need assistance with anything. Our night auditors ensure that you are taken cared of should you experience any problems at night. We understand that late at night guests are exhausted and would like to skip the check in process (if they could) so they can just go to their room and rest. This is why Candlewood Suites created the afterhours registration where you access your room keys in one of our lockboxes and then we take care of the check in process the next day. I apologize you thought that there is no one to help you at all until 8am. I hope you will give us another chance and stay with us again. We’d like to show you why we are one of the best hotels in Herndon. Thank you for writing us a review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stay there only for one night, but it was time enough to received such an amazing service from Katie at the from desk. I had a long day at work and I was looking for a IHG to stay near by the Dulles airport, due to an early flight back to FL. for my luck, I found Candlewood Suites. Katie was really nice to me and my coworker, showed us a room before booking, was very patient, and even offered us a free movie to watch. Then I had trouble configuration the DVD but she guided me through it. I would definetelly stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
I appreciate your review Romero-Peraza. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It is great that you were blown away by the quality of service we provided you during your stay. YOU are our top priority and we want you to know and feel that whenever you are staying in our hotel. I am glad you got to take advantage of our free lending library which includes movies, cds and books too. I’ll make sure to pass along your compliments to Katie. We hope to welcome you back in our hotel soon.
Cali, Valle del Cauca, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Convenient location, very near airport. Room was clean, very comfortable bed and pillows.
Employees are very friendly.
Even though it doesn't have a restaurant, if offers basic food products. The suites have a very very complete kitchenette
We were very glad with the quality and service I received for the price we paid.
The room offers a big desk and comfortable chairs.
The bathroom was clean, things worked without trouble. Vanity products were of good quality and sufficient. There were plenty of fluffy towels
We arrived late. The front desk was closed but we didn't have any problem. Our key was in a safe box

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review Alicia F. I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience staying at our hotel. Our hotel gives you the convenience of having a home away from home, from our weekly cleaning service, our free gym and laundry facilities, to our fully-equipped kitchen that allows you to prepare your own meals. Thank you for writing about the things you liked about our hotel. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Fontana, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was an ok hotel, but I wish they cleaned it a bit better and kept it in better shape. The overall idea of the hoetl is fine, and it is ok, but it just looks a little worn in spots, that could be easily taken care of, but are not. This hotel is clearly designed to cut costs, but because of this it wears out quickly. Since the initial cost to make the hotel was relatively low, they should renovate frequently. An example of a worn "cheap" item was the shower head. I mean they can't buy a new $10 showerhead every once in a while? Anyway, this hotel is ok, and if you can't find anything else, or prefer its extended stay format, then it will be a decent choice

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Pharmrep79,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, I wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was impressed by the quality of room I received for the price I paid. It never occurred to me that this was a "suites" hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the fully stocked (minus the food) kitchen and a large working desk. The bed was much more comfortable than the pictures indicate! I was sad I only stayed one night. When checking-in, I was greeted by welcoming staff who covered everything I was entitled to as a guest. It was nice that the hotel provided rental movies and I appreciated having the Cupboard. The fitness room was small and very warm due to its shared quarters with the laundry room. However, this did not affect my overall stay. I did have difficulty checking out because my envelope was not placed in the "Express Check-out" box, but someone did come to help me.This hotel is really great for the price you pay. Clean. Comfortable. Affordable. Friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for the positive review Tina C. I am glad we have surprised you with the quality of our rooms. We give you the best value for your money by giving you wonderful amenities, great quality service and clean rooms. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience with us. We hope you’ll come back and stay with us again in the future.

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!