“Homely Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #4 of 20 hotels in Herndon
“Homely Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Best Place to Stay. Awesome service & hospitality. Rooms are clean, Service is neat & clean, Front desk staff is really supportive and welcomes you always with a smile. Gym is small but good to stay fit. If anyone is planning for an extended stay in Herndon/Sterling/Reston Areas, this is the place to be in. I stayed here for ~5 months and felt i am @home always.
Special thanks to Dan Pe, Princess, Peter & finally my favorite "Katie". You guyz are awesome & made my stay memorable. Wherever I travel in US, I am going to stay in "Candlewood Suites"

Negative Comments:
People don't complain on home, It's my home, No complaints please :)

Cheers,
Anil (MAK)

Room Tip: Your Choice, Absolutely your choice, all rooms are same.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for writing a review about your experience with our hotel, Anil Kumar M. It was a pleasure to be of service to you. I am very happy to hear that you felt at home during your stay. Exactly what we want you to feel when you’re staying at Candlewood Suites Herndon… comfortable and at home. Glad to know you appreciate the cleanliness of our hotel and that you liked our gym. We recently upgraded our exercise machine, which will help a lot of our guests stay more fit. I also want to thank you for mentioning the names of the team members that made your stay memorable. I’ll make sure they all get to read your review. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think about us and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Corolla, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a great place to stay -- convenient to everything, great price, well-equipped rooms. I spent nearly 6 months at the Candlewood Suites in between homes; the staff couldn't have been nicer or more professional. It felt almost like home both when I left in the morning (with a wish from the staff for a nice day) and when I came home after work (and was greeted every time I walked past the counter). The home-baked cookies were a nice, homey touch.
If I'm ever in the area again, I'll be sure to stay there.
Everyone on the staff was wonderful, but Katie and Princess made me feel like a member of the family. They made what could have been a difficult transition period very bearable for me -- I'll always remember their kindness and caring.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Ms.Maria C, It was a great pleasure having you in our hotel. We love our long-term guests! You are a part of the Candlewood family. Thank you for choosing to stay with us when you were in between homes. You made the right choice when you chose our hotel; we offer clean, comfortable suites and a lot of great amenities at an unbeatable rate. I will pass along your compliments to Katie and Princess. I’m sure they will be happy to know that you appreciate their kindness during your stay. I know you have found a wonderful home but if in the future you are in the area, we hope you will keep us in mind and stay with us again. Thank you for writing us a review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

an excellent place to stay great rooms and great price, also its location very close to everything.
Great staff at the front desk very professional and customer service oriented.
Close to the airport and business center too

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you srophail for your wonderful review! We enjoyed having you back in our hotel. I am happy that we were able to provide you an excellent place to stay at a reasonable room rate. It’s also great that you found our location very convenient to everything.Our team members are always delighted to see a repeat guest. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again, we hope you’ll come and visit us again in the future.
Forest, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is a very convienient place to stay for overnight park-and-fly out of Dulles. The staff are friendly. The hotel is very basic. It is not a luxury accomodation by any means but is clean and servicable. By staying one night in the hotel you can leave your car in the parking lot at no extra charge (I'm not sure how long your can leave it with no extra charge but it's at least 2 weeks). They give you $20 to pay for your taxi and will call the taxi for you on your outbound flight. We have stayed here several times in the past several years and have always felt that our car was safe to be left there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Lollypupon for taking the time to write us a review. I see you got a package with a travel agent that includes your taxi fare with the rate. Yes, we do offer a Park and Fly program. If you stay for one night, you get free parking for two weeks guaranteed. Keep in mind that although we don’t have shuttle service, Dulles Airport is only four miles away and doesn’t cost much with a taxi. I am delighted that you felt welcomed by our friendly team members and that our accommodations met your expectations. Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel. We are looking forward to being of service to you again next time.
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is an excellent hotel.

First, let me set your expectations. It is a basic long-term stay hotel (though also fine for short stays; mine was three days). That means only weekly visits from housekeeping, like most long-term stay hotels. As a basic hotel, the frills and luxuries are minimal. Yet for a basic hotel, it is quite nice, even upscale.

The hotel itself is clean and well-lit, and the staff is friendly. There is a guest laundry which is free to both wash and dry, which is quite remarkable. There is also a small store with basic food items and toiletries, such as fruit, cereal, microwave dinners, laundry detergent, etc. It is great to have an on-site basic fitness center, laundry and convenience store.

The room is spacious and also clean and well-lit, and has a kitchenette with a sink, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher (!), microwave, small coffee maker, toaster, dishes, utensils, and pans. The hotel even provides complimentary paper towels and detergent both for hand washing and machine washing dishes.

The room also has a good-sized flat-screen TV with DVD/VHS player and cable, an ironing board and iron, and hairdryer. The hotel has a decent size lending library from which you can borrow movies.

There is a desk for working and eating, and free internet is available both WiFi and via a wired connection, which is less common in hotels and appreciated as it is (somewhat) more secure and reliable. They even include the cable you need to use the wired connection, a very nice touch.

I only have one caveat of staying here: the hot water is extremely hot. I have never seen water so hot come out of a tap. Be careful or you could burn yourself. I would be concerned about this if traveling with children. Also, not really a caveat, but there are no restaurants or stores in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, so you will need to drive a mile or two if you need something.

Compared to other extended stay hotels I've stayed at, this one is very clean, very nice. It's the small touches that make a big difference.

If you're looking for a luxury hotel, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
It’s such a delight to read your review tomytravler! I am very happy to learn we met your expectations and made your stay an excellent one. You covered all our amenities pretty well and I am glad you appreciate all of them. We value your opinion, and reviews such as yours let us know if we are doing well in making you feel at home or if there are some things we should improve on. As for the hot water, I apologize that it was especially hot in your room. We will look into that problem right away. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I hope you’ll come see us again soon. Looking forward to being of service to again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This is my first time to live in candlewood hotel Herndon, very nice place and very clean house keeping, those people behind front desk are always helpful and responsive. free laundry and gym service made stay more valuable, if you choose to live here for long term, suggest to contact with front desk for better offering

Room Tip: No meal services
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Great to hear you had a nice stay, bojian w. I am happy that we were able to prove to you that we are a hotel committed to providing clean rooms and excellent service. Thank you for the opportunity you gave us to be of service to you. Please come back and see us again in the future.
Prince George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Left at end of June - made an unexpected trip - no notice to hotel nothing in Sept. 2012 - And everything was GREAT ! Any staff that was there when I had been there before REMEMBERED ME ! I wasn't a NUMBER ! Used priority points and stayed for free - got the type room I wanted - no problems whatsoever !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing us another review, bluiis5493. It was a pleasure to be of service to you again. Looking forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!