This is an excellent hotel.
First, let me set your expectations. It is a basic long-term stay hotel (though also fine for short stays; mine was three days). That means only weekly visits from housekeeping, like most long-term stay hotels. As a basic hotel, the frills and luxuries are minimal. Yet for a basic hotel, it is quite nice, even upscale.
The hotel itself is clean and well-lit, and the staff is friendly. There is a guest laundry which is free to both wash and dry, which is quite remarkable. There is also a small store with basic food items and toiletries, such as fruit, cereal, microwave dinners, laundry detergent, etc. It is great to have an on-site basic fitness center, laundry and convenience store.
The room is spacious and also clean and well-lit, and has a kitchenette with a sink, full-size refrigerator, dishwasher (!), microwave, small coffee maker, toaster, dishes, utensils, and pans. The hotel even provides complimentary paper towels and detergent both for hand washing and machine washing dishes.
The room also has a good-sized flat-screen TV with DVD/VHS player and cable, an ironing board and iron, and hairdryer. The hotel has a decent size lending library from which you can borrow movies.
There is a desk for working and eating, and free internet is available both WiFi and via a wired connection, which is less common in hotels and appreciated as it is (somewhat) more secure and reliable. They even include the cable you need to use the wired connection, a very nice touch.
I only have one caveat of staying here: the hot water is extremely hot. I have never seen water so hot come out of a tap. Be careful or you could burn yourself. I would be concerned about this if traveling with children. Also, not really a caveat, but there are no restaurants or stores in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, so you will need to drive a mile or two if you need something.
Compared to other extended stay hotels I've stayed at, this one is very clean, very nice. It's the small touches that make a big difference.
If you're looking for a luxury hotel, look elsewhere. If you're looking for a clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price, this is a good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection. The Candlewood Suites Washington-Dulles Herndon, located in the Dulles Corridor minutes from Dulles Airport IAD and Metro, is an extended stay hotel convenient to all Washington, DC Northern Virginia area attractions, government and businesses.The Candlewood Suites Herndon provides fully equipped kitchens, free high-speed Internet, local phone calls, fitness center, guest laundry, and business services. Close to over 40 restaurants, if you want to enjoy a meal in your suite, the Candlewood Cupboard offers breakfast items, snacks, frozen meals and drinks.Government, contract and military travelers are welcome at the per diem rates. The Dulles Candlewood Suites is a great business location, situated near Herndon and Reston companies such as AOL, Verizon - MCI, IBM, Sprint - Nextel, Siemens, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon, Sage, SAIC, EDS, Accenture, Computer Associates, General Dynamics, BAE Systems, Learning Tree, Deltek, L3 Communications, and Net Master Class. The Candlewood Suites Dulles is 3 miles from the Air and Space Museum s Steven F Udvar-Hazy Center. Shoppers are near the Dulles Town Center Mall, Tysons Corner, and Leesburg Outlets. Enjoy the extensive amenities at the Candlewood Suites Washington. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon Hotel Herndon
- Candlewood Suites Herndon
- Candlewood Herndon
- Herndon Candlewood Suites