“Pleasant stay, great service and food” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 20 hotels in Herndon
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Pleasant stay, great service and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The rooms are clean and spacious. The kitchen was clean and well equipped. Bathroom was clean and well maintained. Sheets and towels were clean and free of hair and spots. The pantry was well stocked and surprisingly low priced, I don't think above retail price. I didn't use the gym, laundry, or movies.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Thank you John P for posting a review on Tripadvisor. It's great to know you had a pleasant stay at our hotel. We are very particular about the cleanliness of our suites, and I am glad you took notice of it. Please come back see us again soon. Looking forward to your next visit with us.

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I had a choice of any IHG property on my recent visit for a week long conference in DC, Since I have stayed in Herndon before and know how their public transportation is I chose to go back, then the question was did I need maid service daily or would I be better off with a fridge and microwave? Since I choose the fridge and micro, I chose Candlewood Suites, since I am confined to a power wheel chair I called the day before and spoke to Peter the GM advised him that he had a guest (ME) that requires a little more attention then the normal guest. He assured me that all WAS GOOD, and he was appreciative of my words. Check in was a blast, they responded as rolling out the red carpet, they were quite accommodating.My first room I was only in for approx 8 hours, I like my Igloo's, I keep my home at a constant 68F, and I could not get the room down below 77F so there was a room change at 10:55pm the first night, forget about the desk clerk leaving at 11PM, she totally stayed and helped with the move. The rest of the week was AWESOME, being able to spread out stuff on the table was awesome!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing Candlewood Suites edog152! I am glad we were able to provide the accomodations you need during your stay. We like to make our guests feel at ease while with us and I am happy that we were able to find you a more comfortable room during your stay. Our team members are committed to providing excellent service at all times. And so, any time you need anything--no matter what time it is, rest assured that we will take care of all your needs. We hope you will keep us in mind next time you come to the DC area. Looking forward to being of service to you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012 via mobile

I found the hotel to be in a great location. The hotel was great and included a mini kitchen area, I found that very convenient. The staff was great, especially the one manager, Viet. He was knowledgeable of the area and very friendly. I will be back.

• Stayed April 2012
Herndon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have been a long term guest and I have to say I truly love it here. From day one of my check-in until now witch has been around 3+years the staff has treated me with the utmost respect. They are always friendly, always willing to help you with no hesitation and make you feel like family. Princess, Dan and Stan Pe, Melody, Ana and Peter the hotel manager are amazing at the front desk. The housekeepers are very efficient and go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Marta is the best as is Jose, Veronica and Rosa, always with a smile and ready to help you with anything you need.
I highly recommend choosing Candlewood Suites when your looking for short or long term places to stay in the Herndon/Dulles area. By far, a great experience, you will not be disappointed.

Vanessa D.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
It's such a delight reading your review Vanessa D. All of us would like to thank you for your wonderful compliments. We treat you as family because you ARE a part of the Candlewood Herndon family. We are glad you stayed this many years with us. Thank you for recommending our hotel on Tripadvisor. It means a lot to us when a guests takes their time to write us a review. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Ft Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I expected to stay for about a month and ended up staying 6 months. Everybody from the front desk managers, Princess and Dan Pe, to the housekeeping staff were friendly and always helpful. It was truly a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you Terry S for taking the time to write us a review. I'll be sure my team gets to read your review so they'll know they did a wonderful job in making sure you had a great stay. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

As we checked in, Princess was there to greet us and made us really feel at home. The next day we met, Peter, the hotel manager. He was funny, kind and made us feel like we were among good friends. We stayed there thirty days as I was recovering from total knee replacement. If your reading this review, I would highly recommend this hotel. Our room was always clean and very comfortable. The front desk was always very helpful with any of our needs. Not only did we have a very pleasant say but we now have two new special friends in Peter and Princess.

• Stayed September 2011
Hello DaveMBeck! Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to know you felt at home with us. We understand how difficult it is to be away from home and we try to help our guests not miss home that much by taking extra good care of them. We surely enjoyed having you in our hotel and I thank you for the opportunity you gave us to serve you and for considering us as your friends.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I can't figure what's their secret, but it has got to be the result of exceptional, superior training-- no question about it!

--1st of All: For those of you who travel by air: this remarkable hotel is located conveniently close to Dulles Airport and...

--For those of You planning a visit to D.C., you'll find that staying here is THE best decision you could ever make!!! That is my most sincere opinion!

This was absolutely the WISE CHOICE for me, considering that I'm here for work in D.C., and, after staying in more than a couple of places in D.C., searching for something... anything... that would be decent and clean, I had to continue looking outside the D.C. area...
Long story short:: every stop along the way had failed miserably at impressing me. Until I got here at Candlewood!!!

--And it was the Superb Reservations Department that got me out of my misery, pointing me in the direction of this wonderful hotel. "Sam", from reservations, is a supremely patient Lady who found me a place suited for my needs (an extended stay), and HONESTLY described all pricing options, and boy, is the "price ever right"!!! Also unprecedented is the fact that "Sam" made a VERY ACCURATE description of the Hotel, room types, and amenities within each type of suite...

---Once you get here and you meet Mr Sam Pe: you'll think you're in London, he's so POLITE!!! He took the time of showing me various rooms to help me decide whether to stay in a room facing east or facing west... (I know, I sound like "a pain", but I'm superstitious...)

---Take a look around: and you think you're in Switzerland, the place is PRISTINE!!!

---Walk into your suite: and you'll be marveled, it's so clean and WELL APPOINTED!!!

---Have ANY questions? "Princess", "Peter" and "Dan" will take the time... They were unbelievably helpful!

---And if you arrive dead-tired from work but still need to step out for some errands, this STELLAR STAFF will even take a map to your room to save you time: (Sam sure did!)

Most notable is the fact that the kitchen is COMPLETE, fully workable and clean. I cooked almost every night!

The towels are FRESH and the bathroom is SPOTLESS!!!

I certainly would never forget to mention this serious issue: staying here at Candlewood SAVED ME from the pain and aggravation of dirty laundry piling up --Most of the time, when I'm working away from home, I find myself buying new clothes in order to wear clean clothes! (So, forget about having to go to the other-side-of-the-tracks to wash your clothes at a Gas Station//Laundromat//Video Arcade...ouch!)

What more could I say about this beauty and its kind, customer-oriented staff? "It's an experience worth talking about"!!!

Room Tip: Have "Sam" show you around, like he did with me. Also the Intercontinental Hotels Reservat...