“A Great Place to Stay; Short or Long Term” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Herndon
Ft Lauderdale
“A Great Place to Stay; Short or Long Term”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I expected to stay for about a month and ended up staying 6 months. Everybody from the front desk managers, Princess and Dan Pe, to the housekeeping staff were friendly and always helpful. It was truly a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you Terry S for taking the time to write us a review. I'll be sure my team gets to read your review so they'll know they did a wonderful job in making sure you had a great stay. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

As we checked in, Princess was there to greet us and made us really feel at home. The next day we met, Peter, the hotel manager. He was funny, kind and made us feel like we were among good friends. We stayed there thirty days as I was recovering from total knee replacement. If your reading this review, I would highly recommend this hotel. Our room was always clean and very comfortable. The front desk was always very helpful with any of our needs. Not only did we have a very pleasant say but we now have two new special friends in Peter and Princess.

• Stayed September 2011
Hello DaveMBeck! Thank you for your wonderful review. I am thrilled to know you felt at home with us. We understand how difficult it is to be away from home and we try to help our guests not miss home that much by taking extra good care of them. We surely enjoyed having you in our hotel and I thank you for the opportunity you gave us to serve you and for considering us as your friends.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I can't figure what's their secret, but it has got to be the result of exceptional, superior training-- no question about it!

--1st of All: For those of you who travel by air: this remarkable hotel is located conveniently close to Dulles Airport and...

--For those of You planning a visit to D.C., you'll find that staying here is THE best decision you could ever make!!! That is my most sincere opinion!

This was absolutely the WISE CHOICE for me, considering that I'm here for work in D.C., and, after staying in more than a couple of places in D.C., searching for something... anything... that would be decent and clean, I had to continue looking outside the D.C. area...
Long story short:: every stop along the way had failed miserably at impressing me. Until I got here at Candlewood!!!

--And it was the Superb Reservations Department that got me out of my misery, pointing me in the direction of this wonderful hotel. "Sam", from reservations, is a supremely patient Lady who found me a place suited for my needs (an extended stay), and HONESTLY described all pricing options, and boy, is the "price ever right"!!! Also unprecedented is the fact that "Sam" made a VERY ACCURATE description of the Hotel, room types, and amenities within each type of suite...

---Once you get here and you meet Mr Sam Pe: you'll think you're in London, he's so POLITE!!! He took the time of showing me various rooms to help me decide whether to stay in a room facing east or facing west... (I know, I sound like "a pain", but I'm superstitious...)

---Take a look around: and you think you're in Switzerland, the place is PRISTINE!!!

---Walk into your suite: and you'll be marveled, it's so clean and WELL APPOINTED!!!

---Have ANY questions? "Princess", "Peter" and "Dan" will take the time... They were unbelievably helpful!

---And if you arrive dead-tired from work but still need to step out for some errands, this STELLAR STAFF will even take a map to your room to save you time: (Sam sure did!)

Most notable is the fact that the kitchen is COMPLETE, fully workable and clean. I cooked almost every night!

The towels are FRESH and the bathroom is SPOTLESS!!!

I certainly would never forget to mention this serious issue: staying here at Candlewood SAVED ME from the pain and aggravation of dirty laundry piling up --Most of the time, when I'm working away from home, I find myself buying new clothes in order to wear clean clothes! (So, forget about having to go to the other-side-of-the-tracks to wash your clothes at a Gas Station//Laundromat//Video Arcade...ouch!)

What more could I say about this beauty and its kind, customer-oriented staff? "It's an experience worth talking about"!!!

Room Tip: Have "Sam" show you around, like he did with me. Also the Intercontinental Hotels Reservat...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear RCKdistrictofC,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive and informative review. My heart swells with so much joy just reading about what you have to say about us. Our team takes pride in providing exceptional guest service and keeping our hotel clean. I am happy to know that we're able to deliver all that and also exceeded your expectations during your stay. We hope your travels will bring you back to the D.C./Herndon and we will be able to welcome you back soon.
Prince George, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My stay although business related and long term was very enjoyable. I was a guest there for OVER 2 years. The head of housekeeping Marta went above and beyond to make sure I was comfortable. She not only was very professional, but very helpful with any request, always happy & friendly & had a smile on her face. The housekeeper assigned to my room- Lorena was EXCELLENT ! I never had any issues with anything & VERY HONEST ! Princess at the Front desk - always asked if anything was needed, how I was doing, always made time to make the stay like a family environment, was always efficient - If there was any problem it was immediately addressed. Would stay again in a heartbeat ! Annia & Melody at the Front Desk always very nice & willing to do whatever to make my stay comfortable & always friendly. Actually, was sad to have to leave after making such wonderful new FRIENDS !

Room Tip: Rooms on back quiet due to a parking deck located there - on the front more airport noise.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Bob C (bluiis5493),
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel and more importantly, our team members. I am glad we delivered on our promise to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for each and every guest. I will be sure to share your review with my team. Thank you and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon in our hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My stay in Candlewood Herndon is memorable.I stayed for almost a year because of the staff.They are very helpful and so cooperative.I lived in a one bedroom suite. It has all the things that are needed and is very reasonably priced.Front desk managers Princess and Dan Pe are very friendly which made me want to stay here long term.They are so helpful and very much caring. I will recommend this place to all of my friends. I really felt like being in my home because of the great service of the staff.I will surely come back to this place again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I enjoyed my stay in candlewood. I got two good friends here Dan Pe and Princess(Frondesk managers). Every employee in this hotel is very friendly, which made my stay very smooth and nice.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
cndlherndon, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
I appreciate your review sai shankar k. I am glad to hear our team made your stay nice and smooth. We hope you'll come see us again soon. Thank you!
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

My stay at the Candlewood Suites in Herndon VA was excellent and well worth it!

There are cable TVs, as well as, DVD players in each room, with a library of free DVDs for guest use at the front desk. There is High-Speed Internet Access for Ethernet and/or Wi-Fi, with a range of connection speeds - I am almost always on-line! There is a very good health and fitness center, even with a scale to tell you what you may or may not want to hear :-), and a small, but functional, business center.

The staff is extremely friendly and most eager to make your stay as enjoyable as possible!

Room Tip: All suites are execellent, but an upgraded suite is a must!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Hello Ted B! The Candlewood Herndon team would like to thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the use of our amenities. We hope this will not be your last visit with us. Looking forward to serving you again in the future!

Been to Candlewood Suites Washington, Dulles Herndon? Share your experiences!